5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Lift Question (4x4, no air suspension

Adam2019

Reaction score
Im brand new to the group just bought a new 2019 Ram 1500 4x4 Sport w/o air suspension. I am having 33x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Fuel Vapor Wheels.......the big question is the lift. The Dealership says is will be installing a MOPAR 4” Suspension lift which I cannot seem to find anywhere. The quoted the price around $3,900 (which is crazy high but it’ll be under warranty). Does anyone else have a 4” MOPAR lift on a new body style 1500 yet? I can’t seem to find it.....install is scheduled for Monday and until I see the actual Box with the parts in it I am super anxious. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thx!

bigdaddymac

Reaction score
Im brand new to the group just bought a new 2019 Ram 1500 4x4 Sport w/o air suspension. I am having 33x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Fuel Vapor Wheels.......the big question is the lift. The Dealership says is will be installing a MOPAR 4” Suspension lift which I cannot seem to find anywhere. The quoted the price around $3,900 (which is crazy high but it’ll be under warranty). Does anyone else have a 4” MOPAR lift on a new body style 1500 yet? I can’t seem to find it.....install is scheduled for Monday and until I see the actual Box with the parts in it I am super anxious. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thx!

This is for a 2019 new body style? I haven’t seen a 4” Mopar made for that yet either. They did have a 4” for the previous body style. Did they provide you a model or part #?

Sugar

Reaction score
Are they considering the 2" lift a 4" with the new changes? Adding 1 inch spacer makes it about 3.5" front from what I have read on here. I would ask for a part number before paying them anything. They doesn't seem correct.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Some dealers install aftermarket lifts (such as BDS 4") and tell you its MOPAR and warrantied. There is some truth to it in that some dealers who installed a lift kit will warranty the lift regardless of brand providing that they install it. My recommendation would be to ask the dealer what the part number of the lift kit that they will be installing is. Then, you can do a little "Google Sleuthing" to find out what the kit actually is and how much the hardware costs. If you find out that its a BDS 4" at $3,900; then that is a pretty good price (maybe a little high by about $500). A MOPAR lift kit from the dealership should cost you anywhere from $1800 to $2500 installed. Anything more that $2500 for the MOPAR 2" installed at the dealership and you are getting taken to the cleaners. Labor charges will vary (of course); but you can find out the cost of the kit they are installing (by getting the part number) and then figure anywhere from $800 to $1500 for the installation labor to determine what you should be paying.

If the $3,900 is for the lift kit and the wheels/tires; then jump on it because that would be a good deal.

Adam2019

Reaction score
Are they considering the 2" lift a 4" with the new changes? Adding 1 inch spacer makes it about 3.5" front from what I have read on here. I would ask for a part number before paying them anything. They doesn't seem correct.
I haven’t sent the package yet or part number. Install is scheduled for Monday at Dealter ship. Apparently , it is a suspension 4” lift and not 3.5” SST or 2” level kit lift. Pretty friggin confusing. I will keep y’all posted.

Adam2019

Reaction score
I haven’t sent the package yet or part number. Install is scheduled for Monday at Dealter ship. Apparently , it is a suspension 4” lift and not 3.5” SST or 2” level kit lift. Pretty friggin confusing. I will keep y’all posted.
Okay so I got the part number and looked it up on MOPAR site......it IS a 4” suspension lift that will work on 2019 Laramie with HEMI. P5156106.

Todd1500

Reaction score
In other words, it is not designed for the current model RAM 1500, but works with the 1500 Classic.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Okay so I got the part number and looked it up on MOPAR site......it IS a 4” suspension lift that will work on 2019 Laramie with HEMI. P5156106.
Interesting. According to everything I have seen; this is for the DS and Classic Rams; not DT/new RAM. I wonder if this dealer has figured out something that nobody else has.

Adam2019

Reaction score
Interesting. According to everything I have seen; this is for the DS and Classic Rams; not DT/new RAM. I wonder if this dealer has figured out something that nobody else has.
Just noticed it too. Not sure but since the 2019 DT is supposed to have different suspension than the 2019 DS I’m thinking I’m screwed. Whaya the best way to get 3.5” or 4” of suspension lift on a 2019 Laramie without air suspension? I’ve heard the 3.5” SST puts too much pressure on the bearings.......

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just noticed it too. Not sure but since the 2019 DT is supposed to have different suspension than the 2019 DS I’m thinking I’m screwed. Whaya the best way to get 3.5” or 4” of suspension lift on a 2019 Laramie without air suspension? I’ve heard the 3.5” SST puts too much pressure on the bearings.......
If I was going to get a 4" lift; then it would be the BDS 4": http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=2&mo=16&ty=99&yr=2019. I think BDS makes pretty high quality kits. I like the Pro Comp kits as well (plus they have a 5yr/60,000 mile warranty); but they only come in 6": https://www.procompusa.com/suspension-product-details.aspx?pt=3533&pl=1808.
So, to answer your question, I think that the BDS 4" is the best 4-inch lift kit available for the 2019 RAM DT. Me personally: Although I would like to get a 4" or 6" lift, I am going to get the MOPAR 2" lift kit so that I can retain some of the stock ride quality and fuel economy.

Adam2019

Reaction score
If I was going to get a 4" lift; then it would be the BDS 4": http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=2&mo=16&ty=99&yr=2019. I think BDS makes pretty high quality kits. I like the Pro Comp kits as well (plus they have a 5yr/60,000 mile warranty); but they only come in 6": https://www.procompusa.com/suspension-product-details.aspx?pt=3533&pl=1808.
So, to answer your question, I think that the BDS 4" is the best 4-inch lift kit available for the 2019 RAM DT. Me personally: Although I would like to get a 4" or 6" lift, I am going to get the MOPAR 2" lift kit so that I can retain some of the stock ride quality and fuel economy.
You think the BDS 4” rides crappy? Or.....maybe a better way of saying it is nowhere close to the stock ride quality? I expect to loose some ride quality because a lift will do that. But 2” suspension lift isn’t a whole lot......might as well do a leveling kit and save the money. Not sure. Thanks for the help!

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
You think the BDS 4” rides crappy? Or.....maybe a better way of saying it is nowhere close to the stock ride quality? I expect to loose some ride quality because a lift will do that. But 2” suspension lift isn’t a whole lot......might as well do a leveling kit and save the money. Not sure. Thanks for the help!
Just because you lift, does not mean you loose ride quality. My 2015 Sierra with a CST 4.5” lift rode better than when it was stock. Do your research and spend the money to do it right the first time.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't necessarily think that the 4" rides crappy; just different. I don't think a 4" or 6" would be close to stock ride quality at all. The MOPAR 2" is very close to stock except higher and with better shocks (Fox). Once you start going to these larger lifts , you add crossmembers, much stiffer springs, etc; the ride will be stiffer and bouncier. Also, once you get higher, you change the Center of Gravity of the truck; which affects handling characteristics. Finally, when you lift the truck up it impedes the aerodynamics and starts sucking a lot more gas. Believe me, I think 4" and 6" lift kits look SUPER cool! However, the MOPAR 2" is more suitable for me since my truck is an everyday driver. You have to do what is right for you; I'm not saying one way is better than another. I do know from my jeep years that a big lift and tires can be uncomfortable driving to and from work everyday or on road trips; but it sure does look cool and is fun when you do go off-road.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This isn’t mine but I definitely feel a Mopar lift adds a nice look to those DT. 369F9985-DF6D-41AE-80C3-7222D6B1EE25.jpeg

Attachments

• AAF50974-3BD9-4C32-9D27-69F0372159D9.jpeg
    AAF50974-3BD9-4C32-9D27-69F0372159D9.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 97

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just because you lift, does not mean you loose ride quality. My 2015 Sierra with a CST 4.5” lift rode better than when it was stock. Do your research and spend the money to do it right the first time.
I must agree with the statement "Do your research and spend the money to do it right the first time." Nothing sucks more than laying out $5000 for a lift and some tires and then realizing that you hate the ride. Also, don't go cheap to save a few hundred bucks. You spent $30,000 to $50,000 on a truck; put quality stuff on it.

Adam2019

Reaction score
Ok, so I’m back after talking to the Dealership. Good thing I got the part number bc MOPAR doesn’t make a 4” lift for the new DT. Not to rehash the above thread. So, after looking at that black truck above with the 2” MOPAR lift and 275 AT tires I am thinking I could save a bunch of money and get way better ride quality going with a 2” MOPAR lift. Do y’all think this is the best way to go or should I just do a leveling kit? My goal is to have no rake at all....no forward or rear...just level. Going to put 33x12.50 Nitto’s on it. What do you guys think? Go MOPAR 2” lift or leveling kit. BTW, I won’t be off reading this thing too much if at all. Just going down ranch roads, etc. thanks so much for the help. Invaluable!

tailhook31

Reaction score
2'' Level will have a some rear rake so you could go 2.5'' (measure on level ground first) my bighorn was up about 3/16'' in the rear with 2.5'' Motofab level, But when you parked on a hill it looked higher in the front. ball joint angle was good not excessive like some say.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I run a Mopar 2” lift and I’ve paired it with LT 275/70/18 Toyo and have been very happy. A5D0FCF4-BD3D-41EA-926E-11041ACC03DA.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread