5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 Lemon

GWcpa

Reaction score
I'm 3 full months attempting to fix the AC on my 2019 LTD. Blow hot air. Compressor, control module replaced. Dealer doesn't know what to do next. 18K miles. Not happy. Multi FCA new purchase owner.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good luck..love my truck when it’s not shaking,cameras going out, radio not going out mirrors poping when closing them,back glass leaking wireless charger flashing,truck slamming on brakes because it thinks you about to hit something..having to turn the radio to max to hear it over the AC because we all know it’s high or you burning up or get hot to hear the radio because the volume don’t go high enough..other than that it’s a nice truck..but no way in hell I keep it until the warranty runs out..Chrysler as a whole loss my business with this truck and as soon as I can before warranty runs out I’m moving to a new ford..I’ll see if they take care of their customers better because you can forget with Chrysler..I went to buy my son a new Jeep Cherokee because that’s what he wanted..and I got up there and heard a guy rasing hell in the service area bout how Chrysler was dealing with his brand new Jeep that wouldn’t crank..because the dealer didn’t offer loaner cars they was out a car with no way to go and Chrysler said they couldn’t do anything until the look it over..I told the sales nah I’m done..you have a good one and went and bought a new Toyota..Hellcat was looking good but I think the mustang will work out better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Problem is when everyone hears about all the problems we’re having. The trade won’t be worth anything. As of now I’d never buy a Ram/Chrysler ever again.....

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm 3 full months attempting to fix the AC on my 2019 LTD. Blow hot air. Compressor, control module replaced. Dealer doesn't know what to do next. 18K miles. Not happy. Multi FCA new purchase owner.
My A/C not very cold either, worst out of any vehicle I’ve had!

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
its all minor stuff thats ben going on for 8 months to me that has needed to get done so i put it all off till now bc i was due for state inspection and tires rotated etc.. so i figurged since i have 25k on her now better get the little things done under warranty..

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
its all minor stuff thats ben going on for 8 months to me that has needed to get done so i put it all off till now bc i was due for state inspection and tires rotated etc.. so i figurged since i have 25k on her now better get the little things done under warranty..
I’ve had tire issues and vibrations since the day I drive it home 1000 miles! Now has 6000 miles.

Tmcb

Reaction score
my 2019 longhorn was in the shop multiple times. Brakes, radio, water leaks. Ram cares did assist and continued to follow up.

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
keep an eye on that man, i thought i saw a post on here recently about wheel and tire coming off, there was pictures, upper control arm or something snapped...be safe..

QUOTE="Bluestreakboy, post: 302499, member: 24797"]
I’ve had tire issues and vibrations since the day I drive it home 1000 miles! Now has 6000 miles.
[/QUOTE]

GeoffreyXE

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram 1500 is a Lemon!
Bought a 2015 Ram brand new, no issues, great truck!
Bought a 2017 Ram brand new, no issues, great truck!
This 2019 All new Ram has more issues than an overweight mother in law!
1. Ac blows warm at idle, 58 instead of mid 40s
2. Ac blows different temps for the passengers even though I do not have dual climate control. 10+ degree differences
3. Defrost is always on fogging up the windsheild
4. Radio volume fluctuates when a FM station is weak, unlike anything I have ever herd before! XM radio works good.
5. Gas tank is 23 gallons and that was not advertised. The previous tank was 26 gallons. I tow for work so this is a major issue.
6. Power steering went out when the truck was 4 months old.
7. Weather stripping on the ram box fell off.
8. The blue tooth works whenever it feels like it wants too.

Let's see, I go to work in the morning and my windsheild fogs up almost immediately. I have to tow about 40 miles on my way to work. On my trip into town I have to get gas because my range is well under 300 miles. Mostly because I tow but that 3 extra gallons would help me get to work on occasion, but no. The radio volume is erratic trying to listen to the morning news until I get near town. My wife calls while I am driving on the interstate but I can't answer even though I hit the answer square on my screen about 30 times. Blue tooth is froze up again. Hang on, I have to clear off my windsheild for the 500th time this morning.

While I work outside in the sun and brake my back I get into a hot truck to eat lunch and oh yeah that ac doesn't get cold. It's almost like it needs a can of freon. I had the windows tinted with the best tint and that didn't help much. Still blows warm at idle.

I installed mud flaps because the smallest puddle messes up the truck. I love the outside styling but the interior has been super disappointing. Most of the layout isn't like my last Rams. To turn on the inside lights you have to reach up like a toyota. The only nice thing inside is the steering wheel. Other than that I like the last generation inside better. It was simple and worked efficiently. Never had radio problems in the previous generation. Never had ac problems in the 2015 and 2017. Use to brag about my 15 and 17 Ram. I don't brag anymore. I just shake my head when people ask me about my Ram. I say it looks nice on the outside, but the inside is a joke. A messed up expensive joke.

Oh, and taking it to the dealer was an even bigger disappointment than the truck. Lately, I have been taking the truck to my local Cadillac dealer for service. They actually care and have qualified techs and have resolve a few issues for me.

Maybe its just the first year of the new Ram or maybe they are trying to copy GM. Not sure

GeoffreyXE

Reaction score
Here is the windshield in the morning

Attachments

• 20190912_072523.jpg
    20190912_072523.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 20191002_075838.jpg
    20191002_075838.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 26

GeoffreyXE

Reaction score
Dealer said that all of the new Rams the defrost is always on and they don't consider that an issue. Ok, so I can barely see in the morning and that isn't much of an issue. Ok, right. The dealers are the worst part of Ram. If the truck has issues and you can't fix them yourself it's like being in the middle of an ocean without a paddle.

GeoffreyXE

Reaction score
Good news! I was able to get 39 degrees out of the driver vent today. I can't take credit for this Hack. I found this info online from another frustrated Ram owner.
By pinching off the heater core hose the ac temps inside lowered almost 10 degrees. The problem is the blend door inside the dash. Although this isn't a real fix because there will be no inside heat with the heater core hose pinched. But It will point out where the fault in the system is located. If you pinch a heater core hose and no temperature change inside than the blend door isn't an issue. However, the all new Ram has a blend door issue amongst other ac related issues.
My outside temp was 100 degrees and my ac was blowing 41 degrees at idle and 39 while cruising. I actually got cold during the day for the first time since buying this truck 13 months ago! Wish I knew this trick a while back.

I have come up with a slightly different fix for the heater core by installing a valve driven by a cable. It's a legit part that was used on my 1978 Dodge Magnum XE. There will be a knob on the inside of my truck like a choke knob. When heat is required pull on the knob to open the flow of coolant to the heater core. When ice cold ac is required push in the knob to close the flow of hot coolant to the heater core.
Hope this info might help anyone else as frustrated as I am.

pensfan

Reaction score
Good news! I was able to get 39 degrees out of the driver vent today. I can't take credit for this Hack. I found this info online from another frustrated Ram owner.
By pinching off the heater core hose the ac temps inside lowered almost 10 degrees. The problem is the blend door inside the dash. Although this isn't a real fix because there will be no inside heat with the heater core hose pinched. But It will point out where the fault in the system is located. If you pinch a heater core hose and no temperature change inside than the blend door isn't an issue. However, the all new Ram has a blend door issue amongst other ac related issues.
My outside temp was 100 degrees and my ac was blowing 41 degrees at idle and 39 while cruising. I actually got cold during the day for the first time since buying this truck 13 months ago! Wish I knew this trick a while back.

I have come up with a slightly different fix for the heater core by installing a valve driven by a cable. It's a legit part that was used on my 1978 Dodge Magnum XE. There will be a knob on the inside of my truck like a choke knob. When heat is required pull on the knob to open the flow of coolant to the heater core. When ice cold ac is required push in the knob to close the flow of hot coolant to the heater core.
Hope this info might help anyone else as frustrated as I am.

Should not have to do any of this to a new truck or any vehicle. I have a '16 Ram and like you none of these issues. I plan on holding onto it for a long time as I purchased the Lifetime warranty. I still have not warmed to the front end of the DT. That is another reason for me to keep mine. What state do you live in? Pa has a fairly decent lemon law procedure. I would say your truck would qualify.

c0mbatVet

Reaction score
My father had a leased '15 Silverado here in NY. On 3 occassions after making a short trip to a store his truck would not start back up (not battery or starter related) and had to be towed back to the dealership. They changed out a bunch of sensors and wiring harnesses. When it happened a fourth time Chevy bought out his lease and then put him in a '16 that was much more loaded for close to $100 less per month.

GeoffreyXE

Reaction score
I am in Florida. So the sun will bring out any weakness in your ac system.

GeoffreyXE

Reaction score
Update: I gave up on the 2019 All new problems Ram 1500 back in August of 2020. After 13 months and 30k miles I traded that Ram for a new 2020 Ram 1500 Classic. Not a fan of turbos like what's in the F150 and not a fan of direct fuel injection like what's in the GM lineup. Never been excited about Toyota or Nissan products.

I think the 19 Ram was up to 12 recalls when I traded it in and now its 23 or so. Unbelievably pathetic! FCA should be embarrassed with themselves having released such a terrible product. The classic is manufactured in a different plant by a better crew in my opinion. Not one single issue with my classic Ram. Just like my new 15 and 17 Rams. Just go to work and get the job done. Instead, the all new 19 was a waste of time dealing with the dealer and issues with the truck. It became a second full time job and the last straw was a dead battery after a 3 day weekend. And only one dealer agreed to replacing the battery out of 4 dealers. So, I told them how awful this 19 Ram was and all the problems and they suggested a new Ram. I laughed and when I looked out at the lot there were brand new Classics with massive incentives. So, I worked a deal with them and no more "waste of time".
20210609_095319.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread