5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 Lemon

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not according to lawyers that specialize in lemon law cases.

The purpose of lemon law is to protect you in the event you purchase a defective vehicle and hold manufacturers accountable for a defect. If they recognize that defect and recall the vehicle to fix it, then lemon law no longer applies.
It still counts to days out of service. A recall is a recognized defect. You can lemon law a vehicle over a recall if they can't fix it after 3 tries or 30 days just the same.

The 30 days is cumulative. Doesn't have to be the same problem. Doesn't have to be a whole 24 hours. A dealer trip for any issue other than routine maintenance counts to days out of service.
Recalls are not routine maintenance.

Granite2WD

Reaction score
It still counts to days out of service. A recall is a recognized defect. You can lemon law a vehicle over a recall if they can't fix it after 3 tries or 30 days just the same.

The 30 days is cumulative. Doesn't have to be the same problem. Doesn't have to be a whole 24 hours. A dealer trip for any issue other than routine maintenance counts to days out of service.
Recalls are not routine maintenance.
Are there any recalls on the 5th gen 1500 that don't yet have a fix? I would think not and would assume they would not agree there is a problem unless they have figured out a cost-effective fix.

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i need to bring mine in for the rear brake groan in reverse after sitting all night...warranty i hope i see people say they replace the calibers and pads, but
noone says if the dealer covers it

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i need to bring mine in for the rear brake groan in reverse after sitting all night...warranty i hope i see people say they replace the calibers and pads, but
It’s covered under warranty! It’s a soft recall, but not a safety issue. You will be glad you did it, the sound drove me nuts!

Granite2WD

Reaction score
They don't replace the calipers and sometimes not the pads either. They add a hillbilly bracket to the caliper.

maddog49

Reaction score
Honestly I'm not sure why people by first model year vehicle's and then expect them to be perfect. Just about everything on your list except the radio should be fixed under warranty and relatively quickly. Is your dealer good at fixing stuff and diagnosing things?

hamburgram

Reaction score
Update: RAM replaced the radio and it lasted about 2 weeks. The new radio is now dead. Dealer is going to have to order yet another 12" Uconnect and again I will be without my truck for days. So disappointed in this truck.

Last edited:

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not normal at all. My limited has 32k and Its only been in for oil changes. If there are any recalls, they are performed then, never been without my truck more than an hour.

hamburgram

Reaction score
And the saga continues. Still waiting for the dealer to install the 3rd radio and now my A/C will only blow 63 degrees at the coolest (measured at the drivers and passenger vents).

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yup flash updated my
radio that was surging and not gettin
reception, thats fixed, both whole tail light
condensation approved for replacement and rear brake bear moaning noise in reverse
also being takin care of...gave me a warlock for the next 3 days till parts come in and install,
new calipers and rear pads all under
warranty incl the Warlock, Armory Garage
upstate NY Ram dealer, i have nothing to complain about they are doing a synthetic oil change also free of charge for my time.

It’s covered under warranty! It’s a soft recall, but not a safety issue. You will be glad you did it, the sound drove me nuts!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Honestly I'm not sure why people by first model year vehicle's and then expect them to be perfect. Just about everything on your list except the radio should be fixed under warranty and relatively quickly. Is your dealer good at fixing stuff and diagnosing things?

I have been been lucky, I bought a then all new 2015 F150, was flawless for the 4 years I had it. I traded it on a then all-new 2019 RAM Rebel, which (knocking on wood) has been flawless. Honestly no issues so far, buttery smooth driveline, strong A/C, no leaks, excellent fit and finish, etc.

Cudapower

Reaction score
Geez I have a 2019 with 27,000 on it. I have had all those recalls on mine also, they are minor things to check. I just wait until I go in for service and then they do all the updates then and I don't even notice any inconvenience. Other than having quite a few recall notices for minor things that aren't wrong with my truck, it has been the best truck I have ever owned. Nothing has gone wrong on the road with it. If they want to do a 2 minute check of the ground cable tightness, big deal.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been been lucky, I bought a then all new 2015 F150, was flawless for the 4 years I had it. I traded it on a then all-new 2019 RAM Rebel, which (knocking on wood) has been flawless. Honestly no issues so far, buttery smooth driveline, strong A/C, no leaks, excellent fit and finish, etc.
I had a 2015 Silverado for 4 years with only a few minor recalls. 19 ram not so lucky

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yup flash updated my
radio that was surging and not gettin
reception, thats fixed, both whole tail light
condensation approved for replacement and rear brake bear moaning noise in reverse
also being takin care of...gave me a warlock for the next 3 days till parts come in and install,
new calipers and rear pads all under
warranty incl the Warlock, Armory Garage
upstate NY Ram dealer, i have nothing to complain about they are doing a synthetic oil change also free of charge for my time.
Better luck then I’ve had. Glad they are taking good care of you!

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I had a 2015 Silverado for 4 years with only a few minor recalls. 19 ram not so lucky

Absolutely, sounds like you got one with issues, I can understand the frustration, even the small issues **** me off, especially with a less than stellar customer service/support.

The one thing GM is doing well right now is their dealership network, I think they are rated 3rd best in the industry right now. FCA is near the bottom. I don't think FCA was prepared for all the recent sales they were getting from RAM and Jeep and I don't think they are handling the volume very well, at least based on national surveys.

Trouble1233

Reaction score
Good luck..love my truck when it’s not shaking,cameras going out, radio not going out mirrors poping when closing them,back glass leaking wireless charger flashing,truck slamming on brakes because it thinks you about to hit something..having to turn the radio to max to hear it over the AC because we all know it’s high or you burning up or get hot to hear the radio because the volume don’t go high enough..other than that it’s a nice truck..but no way in hell I keep it until the warranty runs out..Chrysler as a whole loss my business with this truck and as soon as I can before warranty runs out I’m moving to a new ford..I’ll see if they take care of their customers better because you can forget with Chrysler..I went to buy my son a new Jeep Cherokee because that’s what he wanted..and I got up there and heard a guy rasing hell in the service area bout how Chrysler was dealing with his brand new Jeep that wouldn’t crank..because the dealer didn’t offer loaner cars they was out a car with no way to go and Chrysler said they couldn’t do anything until the look it over..I told the sales nah I’m done..you have a good one and went and bought a new Toyota..Hellcat was looking good but I think the mustang will work out better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im not brand loyal to any manufacturer...That being said, we currently own 2019 Ram Limited, 2019 Grand Cherokee and 2019 Redeye Challenger...over 90,000 miles logged between the 3 of them and only 1 of them has ever been to the dealership for warranty work (and only 1 time in almost 2 years of ownership) dealer gave us a loaner. I have no issues with FCA so far.

Fatherof3

Reaction score
This is my third Ram that I’ve had and other than the air ride on my previous Rebel they’ve never been to the dealer for anything except oil changes and any recalls .
We have a Grand Caravan also with no issues
My mother-in-law has a 2014 Grand Caravan RT since new with no issues
My one sister has a 2015 Grand Caravan with no issues
My other sister has a 2015 Dodge Journey with no issues
My parents have a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee and a 2016 Chrysler Town & Country with no issues
Obviously we’ve had very good luck with Chrysler . We’ve also had very good luck with Ford too .

Rockitman2000

Reaction score
Not sure about other states but in Florida a “lemon” is a purchased or leased, new or demonstrator motor vehicle which has “nonconformities” that the manufacturer or dealer has not been able to fix after a “reasonable number of repair attempts.” The “nonconformity” must be a defect or condition that substantially impairs the vehicle’s use, value or safety.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not sure about other states but in Florida a “lemon” is a purchased or leased, new or demonstrator motor vehicle which has “nonconformities” that the manufacturer or dealer has not been able to fix after a “reasonable number of repair attempts.” The “nonconformity” must be a defect or condition that substantially impairs the vehicle’s use, value or safety.
Lemon laws can vary greatly from state to state. Here is a link for anyone interested in seeing the laws for their state. Just click on the state you're curious about...

Users who are viewing this thread