5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 LARAMIE - trailer tow package

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
You can also have the dealership add power AMP steps for about the same cost as the factory Mopar ones.
yah after reading the forum and replies from all you guys, i might just do that. can you still control the after market one from the settings menu in the cluster (or wherever the factory setting menu is)?

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Well the truck they found me is already sold by the other dealership so I am back to square 1. I might have to consider building one. Do you get any discount from dealer at all if you build? I had a pretty sweet deal (I think) going on with this dealer, donno if that will apply if I go for a build.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well the truck they found me is already sold by the other dealership so I am back to square 1. I might have to consider building one. Do you get any discount from dealer at all if you build? I had a pretty sweet deal (I think) going on with this dealer, donno if that will apply if I go for a build.

The dealer I dealt with for my truck (dealer transfer to CT from NY) actually straight out told me I could get a better deal if I ordered a truck rather that doing a dealer transfer. They pushed ordering hard, but at the time, I couldn't wait, I had already sold my Tundra.

They were offering "Invoice minus incentives" and even said they'd drop the fees as well for an ordered truck. I ended up with invoice minus incentives anyways, but only because they backed themselves into a corner on my deal, lol.

lambone

Reaction score
My dealer told me that they wouldn’t give incentives on an ordered truck or dealer trade because they wanted to move their inventory. They kinda suck...

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
my dealer just called, they were able to strike a deal with the other dealer and secure the truck for me. going there tonight to redo the paperwork and pending any nasty surprises, it should be here tomorrow. WOHOOOO

EDIT: never mind, the manager from my dealer just called and told me its sold to some other dealer trade. jeez.... guess this is just not meant to be

Last edited:

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
my dealer just called, they were able to strike a deal with the other dealer and secure the truck for me. going there tonight to redo the paperwork and pending any nasty surprises, it should be here tomorrow. WOHOOOO

EDIT: never mind, the manager from my dealer just called and told me its sold to some other dealer trade. jeez.... guess this is just not meant to be

If it's not meant to be, don't force it. Despite what the dealer may tell you (new truck, hard to get, "RARE", etc), they make hundreds of thousands of these things a year. There's plenty of them out there optioned the way you like. And if there isn't, like mentioned, you can build one. When I was shopping I used the https://www.ramtrucks.com/new-inventory.ram_1500_dt.2019.html?modelYearCode=IUT201920&radius=100 inventory search on the ramtrucks.com webstite to find trucks that were optioned how I wanted within a reasonable distance. I called each and every dealer and asked if they were in stock and asked to have them physically verified (not just showing as in stock online). The one's that actually were on site, I told my dealer to call and get when they said "there aren't any trucks within 250 miles of us that we can get for you".

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
If it's not meant to be, don't force it. Despite what the dealer may tell you (new truck, hard to get, "RARE", etc), they make hundreds of thousands of these things a year. There's plenty of them out there optioned the way you like. And if there isn't, like mentioned, you can build one. When I was shopping I used the https://www.ramtrucks.com/new-inventory.ram_1500_dt.2019.html?modelYearCode=IUT201920&radius=100 inventory search on the ramtrucks.com webstite to find trucks that were optioned how I wanted within a reasonable distance. I called each and every dealer and asked if they were in stock and asked to have them physically verified (not just showing as in stock online). The one's that actually were on site, I told my dealer to call and get when they said "there aren't any trucks within 250 miles of us that we can get for you".

yah i am doing the same, the new inventory search, there are some with all i want, but not the color or i can find the color and not one of the options... i will see what they can do, else my option is to go with Ford or order a new one if the dealer provides similar incentives

Old Ray

Reaction score
Two things,
1. anticipation (I think) of the new vehicle is the best part.
2. The dealers are lying, it is not sold, they did not want to transfer it, or your dealer did not want to buy it.
(check the inventory on the Ram site of that dealer and then call them, I bet it's there)
3. All dealers lie all the time.
When I wanted to trade my limited in (mirrors) the one I wanted was "sold" a day latter, but it still shows in their inventory.

lambone

Reaction score
It’s most likely that they want you to choose a different truck out of their current inventory.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can also just figure out what dealer its at an call them and do the deal over the phone / email, arrange a time to go pick it up, and then, well ,go pick it up!

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
They found me a different truck from the same dealer that they are doing the trade with, instead of the sports appearance package it has the black appearance package with bigger tires. I like it, but it’s also 1200 more than the first truck I was looking at. This one also has the protection package. I am at the dealer and I think I am just going to sign it and get it over with.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Make them work that $1200 for you. Remember, THEY can't get you the truck you want, and literally, SOMEBODY ELSE has it. You can absolutely go get it yourself, but for the right price, you'll let them have your sale.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
I signed it. I made a deal that their service department will move my trusty Astro start to the truck and instead of having someone drive it 300 miles, they will trailer it in. WOHOOOO.... now it’s gonna take a week to get it here ... I am patient but I don’t think I am that patient

Users who are viewing this thread