5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Key Fob Not Detected

RDSCOTT716

Reaction score
I've been having issues with the key fob. Message is key fob not detected; most times I can use the FOB to push button start. One time it didn't work however and switched to spare fob but also had to use fob and press start. Changed the battery in both FOBS; and initially started up several times as normal but a few starts later back to having to use the FOB to push the button. Randomly also getting (if a door opens) a message saying the FOB has left the vehicle press ok. Anyone else have similar issues?

RDSCOTT716

Reaction score
I should also add FOB works normal otherwise; locks/unlocks/panic and remote start all work fine.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you switched out any lighting for LED's?

RDSCOTT716

Reaction score
No have not made any changes to the vehicle lighting or otherwise.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've been having issues with the key fob. Message is key fob not detected; most times I can use the FOB to push button start. One time it didn't work however and switched to spare fob but also had to use fob and press start. Changed the battery in both FOBS; and initially started up several times as normal but a few starts later back to having to use the FOB to push the button. Randomly also getting (if a door opens) a message saying the FOB has left the vehicle press ok. Anyone else have similar issues?

Hello! Our team understands if you would like to continue troubleshooting with the rest of the forum community, but if you would like additional assistance we would love to help with the aid of a dealer appointment. Feel free to send us a private message to get started.

Hannah
Ram Cares

Truckguy2751

Reaction score
I have a similar problem. My 19 intermittently wont crank. You hear a click at the starter but nothing. Wait a few minutes and try again it may or may not start. Theres no rhythm or reason it seems. I replaced the starter and the battery tested good. Funny thing is the other day I could do everything with the FOB except when I hit the button it said "no FOB detected" I pushed the button with the FOB and it started. Now its detecting the fob but still at times wont crank. It's at the dealership now but i don't have alot of faith in my local dealership. Any ideas?

sjsleuth

Reaction score
Mine does it even with both fobs in vehicle . If I press a button on the fob then it will recognize it and I can start. anyone have a fix yet?

Itsmeko3

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but hopefully I’m able to help someone with this issue. My truck started not recognizing the fob or would say key fob battery low. I tried changing the batteries, taking out my LED bulbs as there’s known issues with LED interference.

Long story short, I ended up bringing it to the dealer who found that my rear window was leaking and it had been dripping onto some module in the rear of the cab. That resulted in corrosion on the module that has something to do with the key fobs. They replaced the rear window and module and it seems to have cleared up the issue so far. If needed I can pull the service record to get the specific module and information the tech entered.

Speedster0621

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but hopefully I’m able to help someone with this issue. My truck started not recognizing the fob or would say key fob battery low. I tried changing the batteries, taking out my LED bulbs as there’s known issues with LED interference.

Long story short, I ended up bringing it to the dealer who found that my rear window was leaking and it had been dripping onto some module in the rear of the cab. That resulted in corrosion on the module that has something to do with the key fobs. They replaced the rear window and module and it seems to have cleared up the issue so far. If needed I can pull the service record to get the specific module and information the tech entered.
I would be interested in the service record information. Was this repaired under warranty or did Stellantis confirm that it is an issue with all Ram trucks?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

do you have the e-torque?

Snow White

Reaction score

Well, Stupid Me. I accidentally left my rear passenger side window down about 2 inches Friday night (of course it rained) and this morning BOOM, Key Fob Not Detected! I'm praying that the Reboot method works and i don't have to go down a rabbit hole with this. Thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread