5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Ignition

sportrax90

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 that suddenly will not start or even go into accessory mode, with no prior issues like this. I pulled into my garage, put my rear seats up, and loaded some stuff into my backseat is all. I hop in to leave and the ignition button does nothing at all. The lights come on when I open the door, the dash comes on saying "push button to start", the radio screen comes on for a few seconds, but pressing the ignition does nothing at all.

-The battery is brand new 1 month ago and verified to be fully charged- lights, locks, 4-ways, all work fine.
-Both of my key fobs do nothing, will not unlock/lock the doors, remote start, etc.
-Tried pushing the start button with the key fob, does nothing.
-Checked nearly every fuse in the engine compartment and interior driver's side compartment.
-Checked the connection of all wires under the driver's side dash and under the engine compartment.
-Checked the connection of wires behind the back seats.
-Disconnected the battery overnight to try and reset any errors.

The only thing I can think of is something went bad behind the back seats as that's the only thing I did from the time I parked to when I tried to leave. I believe this is where the RF hub is located but I am not 100% sure, I know that can cause a cascade of problems. When I take the key fobs a distance away from the truck I do not get a "no key fob found" message, it remains "push button to start."

When researching the issue across the forum, it seems like people in the same scenario are able to turn their truck to accessory mode, which I am not. I think it has to be either the START/STOP switch itself (less likely), the RF Module (likely), or something else that I am missing.

If you have any input or ideas I would greatly appreciate it!

Sj1972

Reaction score
Having similar issues!
remote started vehicle it ran for 10 minutes, I then went out and started with push button switch. Car ran for 10 minutes while I was scraping ice off windshield!! Ran into house and back out vehicle was off! Tried starting with push button and it would start and then die out about minute later ! After two tries car ran for 25 minutes in drive way. I pulled out and drove two miles and engine **** off while driving. After coasting to stop , I restarted and drove back home. Shut it off and retried to start. It would start and stop. Tried other key fob with same symptoms! I called roadside service to tow to dealership. When they arrived I opened door and the truck got mind of its own started cycling through off , acc, run without doing anything. I had to take fob inside house before it would stop cycling. We eventually got truck started and onto flat bed but then it wouldn’t turn off.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
do you have the etorque?
did you make sure the battery in the fob is good?

I ask this because neither posters have said what kind of truck they have

I always recommend putting what you have in your signature.

Sj1972

Reaction score
do you have the etorque?

do you have the etorque?

I do not have ETorque!

Sj1972

Reaction score
I do not have ETorque!
Problem was RF HUB ! Faulty due to crack in factory seal around rear window casing water to infiltrate this component! My question is why would you put such a critical component underneath a possible leak area? Ram should revisit this and update the area this is located in.

Technician commented this is a known issue for these trucks to leak around rear window and third brake light assy.

They replaced my entire rear window as well as the RF Hub ! Been working great since !

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Glad to hear they took care of you. Thanks for following up with what happened.

Brian1017

Reaction score
Problem was RF HUB ! Faulty due to crack in factory seal around rear window casing water to infiltrate this component! My question is why would you put such a critical component underneath a possible leak area? Ram should revisit this and update the area this is located in.

Technician commented this is a known issue for these trucks to leak around rear window and third brake light assy.

They replaced my entire rear window as well as the RF Hub ! Been working great since !

Question - was that something they covered for you (warranty) or did you have to pay out of pocket for??

Users who are viewing this thread