5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 hellwig swaybar

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Put me in the list of satisfied Hellwig 7709 owner's now. Installed because truck was a little to soft for my taste. I understand, you just hate to have to spend money to fix a new truck. Truck would roll to much, even with empty bed and no trailer.
I think RAM did this to win the Best Riding Truck award. I came from a 2014 GMC 1500 SLT 6.2 that was to rough for me. I miss the 6.2.
I did install in the middle hole/setting. Noticed immediately on a 10 mile test drive. Firmed up on road and in turns. I will leave it on that setting. WORTH the money.
Sweet...

kearneyridez

Reaction score
Has anyone with the 2" mopar lift installed this sway bar?
Wondering if I should order the hellwig kit with the end links or if the factory links are good enough...

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Has anyone with the 2" mopar lift installed this sway bar?
Wondering if I should order the hellwig kit with the end links or if the factory links are good enough...
It will prob work but I would contact them to be sure. They are very responsive.

hulk181

Reaction score
I just received my Hellwig sway bar today. As I was installing it I noticed that on each of the mount brackets using the original bolts that one would go flush but the other one is getting caught on the bracket because of the washer and not going flush to the bracket. Has anyone else had this problem?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just received my Hellwig sway bar today. As I was installing it I noticed that on each of the mount brackets using the original bolts that one would go flush but the other one is getting caught on the bracket because of the washer and not going flush to the bracket. Has anyone else had this problem?

No. Do you have a picture of what's hanging up?

hulk181

Reaction score
No. Do you have a picture of what's hanging up?

The red lines show the gap from the washer to the bracket and the blue line is where washer hits the bracket. At this point I don't want to keep cranking on the bolt and possibly strip threads. As I said before the other bolt I had no problem with going flush to the bracket. This occurring on both brackets.
20191018_093948 a.jpg

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The red lines show the gap from the washer to the bracket and the blue line is where washer hits the bracket. At this point I don't want to keep cranking on the bolt and possibly strip threads. As I said before the other bolt I had no problem with going flush to the bracket. This occurring on both brackets.
View attachment 38140

They've obviously had a change to their brackets as the vast majority have re-used the original bolts and I think you are the first one with an issue like this. Seems like two choices: remove the washer or use the Hellwig supplied bolts. If the Hellwig bolts/washers have the same issue then you need to engage Hellwig support and get new brackets.

hulk181

Reaction score
They've obviously had a change to their brackets as the vast majority have re-used the original bolts and I think you are the first one with an issue like this. Seems like two choices: remove the washer or use the Hellwig supplied bolts. If the Hellwig bolts/washers have the same issue then you need to engage Hellwig support and get new brackets.

I used the Hellwig bolts with no washers because with washers I had the same issue. I didn't want to cut the washers off the original bolts. I might still call Hellwig about this.

t76turbo

Reaction score
Found details of a rebate on the summit racing website.

It does exclude purchases from some places like amazon.
So if you bought recently from a authorized reseller or are about to, you can use this $35 rebate in your calculations.
Here is the text. The link as the fine print with the sellers that are excluded.

Get $35 back after mail-in rebate when you buy a Hellwig Sway Bar! Go to www.fueledparts.com/hellwigrebate for complete offer and redemption information. Valid on purchases made between 10/14/19 and 12/31/19. Claims must be postmarked on or before 30 days from date of purchase. Allow approximately 6-8 weeks for rebate processing. Limit two (2) qualifying purchases per household or address. Offer valid for purchases within the United States and Canada. This offer is a consumer rebate offer, dealers do not qualify. Cannot be combined with any other offer.

J4U

Reaction score
Sunk in a ditch, I need to learn more patience. Rebates are nice, jump on it if you haven't. Does not disappoint.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

JRadford43

Reaction score
Put mine on. Took it around the block and could feel a huge difference just on normal turns. The truck would not roll at all and stayed even throughout. Really excited to hit some back roads to see how it does. I put mine on the middle slot.

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
Absolutely love mine, especially as I play with mine around turns (Middle hole)

Haven't taken it offroading since however, that's what I'm curious about :/

luisito98

Reaction score
just installed mine on the firmest setting drove about 6 miles did not feel any difference yet i will update in a couple of days with more drive time and towing!

Stickerhead

Reaction score
Pick mine up tomorrow. Putting it on Saturday and will test it out next week towing my Jeep to Arkansas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
just installed mine on the firmest setting drove about 6 miles did not feel any difference yet i will update in a couple of days with more drive time and towing!

Take turns with it, that's where it comes into play. Take those winding s roads and go just a little faster, or take a mini sweeper, that's where it shines, though I also got end links to boot

HockeyDuck

Reaction score
Just received mine today and putting it on tonight, hopefully. I’ve been lurking on here reading up on mods to do for a couple months and finally pulling the trigger on them. This is the first one. You all sold me on this as a crucial mod. Thanks, I think. My CFO may make me take a break from this site after I install everything I’ve ordered ;)

Cheers!

Josh

Stickerhead

Reaction score
Got mine installed but have not taken it for much of a drive. I bought the links but the instructions suck. I reused the upper link hardware since the new bolts don’t fit the threaded nut welded to the mount. Does not say where the washers are supposed to got from link to swaybar. I did bolt,washer,link,washer,swaybar,nut. Not sure if it is right but will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread