5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 hellwig swaybar

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you ever have someone do something stupid in traffic and have to make an evasive maneuver to save the truck, you will see how controlled that Hellwig bar makes your truck. I had someone change lanes directly alongside me and had to make a quick move over to wide shoulder and was impressed. Now the other car was a small economy car and I am in a flame red air suspension Rebel with 1" factory lift and 33" Duratracs............maybe they need an eye checkup as I was much taller and bright colored.....lol....at least avoided any damage. I tried medium setting first but ended up at stiffest on Hellwig. My Rebel is well loaded so is heavier with options. ( Just got 20 mpg on a 3 hour all highway 55-70 mph driving trip with 6800 miles on rig!!!!.....of course 11-13 in town) Wonderful truck!

U

User_18177

For those with the off-road group, did you order P/N 7709 or 7883? I have the off-road group and will be putting in a 2" leveling kit. I was wondering which part number to go with. Thanks.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those with the off-road group, did you order P/N 7709 or 7883? I have the off-road group and will be putting in a 2" leveling kit. I was wondering which part number to go with. Thanks.
I installed 7709 on my Rebel. If you are lifted, you may want to replace your stock fixed links with the adjustable and beefier Hellwig ones. The bar is most efficient when arms are parallel with ground. I reused the stock links and they work fine and are close to parallel to ground and my Rebel has a built in 1" lift from factory.

U

User_18177

I installed 7709 on my Rebel. If you are lifted, you may want to replace your stock fixed links with the adjustable and beefier Hellwig ones. The bar is most efficient when arms are parallel with ground. I reused the stock links and they work fine and are close to parallel to ground and my Rebel has a built in 1" lift from factory.

Yeah with my off-road package we both have the 1” lift so I think I’ll be good. My 2” level shouldn’t affect it. Just wanted to confirm. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob989_69

Reaction score
I just installed the hellwig sway bar today. This should be the first mod anyone does to their truck. Frankly, this is how the truck should have come from the factory. I put it on the firmest setting and I love it. Corners almost flat. Easily the best $220 I've spent.

CharlieP

Reaction score
Hey guys

I got a 2019 Laramie Crew 5.7L 4x4

I just got back from Hellwig to let you know about their swaybar setups. We confirmed that the previous generation swaybar fits the 2019 like a glove. The ride quality has improved a lot and feels so much more stable in and out of corners. The swaybar is a lot more beffy and solid compared to OEM which comes hollow. Definitely recommend the product. Here are some pictures
Installed mine this past weekend along with the Performance sway bar links from BWoody Performance I have it on the stiffest setting along with these beefy links and love it so far

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed mine this past weekend along with the Performance sway bar links from BWoody Performance I have it on the stiffest setting along with these beefy links and love it so far

Can you post a link of the.....well links, and picture of your links?

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I do not do any real towing with my truck nor do I rarely haul anything too strenuous. Is there any reason other than $$ that I would not want to install this Hellwig swaybar?

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I do not do any real towing with my truck nor do I rarely haul anything too strenuous. Is there any reason other than $$ that I would not want to install this Hellwig swaybar?
I sure can’t think of any reason to not install the Hellwig sway bar. Ram should be ashamed of that puny little thing they put on stock. I cut my stock one up and it is pretty thin

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yes. If you do a lot of off-roading you do not want a stiffer sway bar. That's why the more off-road capable vehicles have an electronic sway bar disconnect so they effectively don't have one while off-road.
The other reason would be if you have a lot of potholes or other rough road you regularly drive on. Things like speed bumps don't make any difference but if one rear wheel drops the stiffer rear sway bar will try to "level" the rear end meaning that it will more forcefully jerk side-to-side than stock.

TimW451

Reaction score
I got mine installed yesterday thanks to Neurobit’s photos. I wasn’t getting why I needed two wrenches for the back and I was thinking I had to torque the bolt so I thought I had to buy a deep 18mm socket! Once I saw the pic and understood what to do, I still didn’t have an 18mm wrench, so I used a Crescent wrench and was able to do it.

Mine arrived today, ahead of schedule. Just finished the install, and all I can say is wow!!! Handles so much better!!!
From the time I opened the box until I finished torquing the last bolt, it took me 38 minutes. I set it on the stiffest setting.

Everyone should do this...

View attachment 32267

JRadford43

Reaction score
So if I were to go with the 2 inch lift in the future would i be good with just putting on the 7709 now? Or will I have to make an adjustment in the future with the 2 inch mopar lift?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
So if I were to go with the 2 inch lift in the future would i be good with just putting on the 7709 now? Or will I have to make an adjustment in the future with the 2 inch mopar lift?
You’ll be fine. No adjustment of the sway bar necessary.
Once you lift, you may need longer links, which you can also get from them. I believe they charge $100 for the set, but don’t quote me on that.

Cheers,

cwolawrence

Reaction score
Put me in the list of satisfied Hellwig 7709 owner's now. Installed because truck was a little to soft for my taste. I understand, you just hate to have to spend money to fix a new truck. Truck would roll to much, even with empty bed and no trailer.
I think RAM did this to win the Best Riding Truck award. I came from a 2014 GMC 1500 SLT 6.2 that was to rough for me. I miss the 6.2.
I did install in the middle hole/setting. Noticed immediately on a 10 mile test drive. Firmed up on road and in turns. I will leave it on that setting. WORTH the money.

Users who are viewing this thread