5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500: Dyno Testing

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqsLBZBk7DE

Andrew Simmons, FCA Powertrain Durability Test Management Engineer, takes us through the long and extensive powertrain testing done on the next generation Ram 1500. For 2019 the Ram 1500 is offering an eTorque mild hybrid system which replaces the traditional alternator on the engine with a belt-driven motor generator unit that performs several functions.

Richmond

Reaction score
redriderbob post_id=201 time=1517875876 user_id=106 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqsLBZBk7DE

Andrew Simmons, FCA Powertrain Durability Test Management Engineer, takes us through the long and extensive powertrain testing done on the next generation Ram 1500. For 2019 the Ram 1500 is offering an eTorque mild hybrid system which replaces the traditional alternator on the engine with a belt-driven motor generator unit that performs several functions.
Andrew Simmons knows a thing or two.Good man to have around.

Could 5thGen get an interview with him, even just some questions via email.....????Time for a scoop.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Richmond post_id=329 time=1518021169 user_id=49 said:
Andrew Simmons knows a thing or two.Good man to have around.

Could 5thGen get an interview with him, even just some questions via email.....????Time for a scoop.
I can't promise anything but it is something I could look into. There are actually a few people I would like to ask a few brief questions.

Users who are viewing this thread