5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Clicking noise when going in reverse

ADP_120

Reaction score
Today I discovered a new noise. A clicking noise when going in reverse and the wheel is turned to the right. No pressure was applied to brakes. Almost sounds like the metal clips holding the brake pads during rotation.

Naturenut

Reaction score
I’m having this exact same issue. I’ve had the cv joint replaced twice and the sound comes back within two weeks each time. Also first time I also had the tech replace the hub. It only happens on front drivers side. I could hear it sound like it was coming from in the hub first time so we assumed it was hub or cv joint.

The first time it only did it exactly like the OP describes but eventually within couple weeks it started to do it going in forward even with the wheels straight. I don’t wanna take it to another mechanic until I know for sure what’s causing it.

The op also mentioned breaks? I had mine done shortly before this all started, but not the rotors so now I’m wondering the same thing as the OP… but I hope my reply helps the OP not waste $ on cv or hub just yet. So if anyone can help us I’d appreciate it. Anyone else experiencing this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread