5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 2 WEEKS OLD

mikey66666

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is my first time posting on any forum lol...

I have a brand new Ram 1500, 5.7 hemi 8 speed transmission and I know it is a known issue on here but I really need some answers.

My dealership are working through the issue currently it has been in for 3 days now.

Several times over the last week I put the gear shift knob into drive and vehicle does not move. You have to hit the gas heavy for it to lurch violently forward and slam it into gear.

Very disappointing for a new truck I am irritated this could happen very poor quality control on the part of Chrysler.

I see some of you say new tranny needed for other posts. Does anyone have anything more definitive as to what needs replacing so I can pass it onto the dealership while they are working through this.

Thanks,

Mike

Rollint

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is my first time posting on any forum lol...

I have a brand new Ram 1500, 5.7 hemi 8 speed transmission and I know it is a known issue on here but I really need some answers.

My dealership are working through the issue currently it has been in for 3 days now.

Several times over the last week I put the gear shift knob into drive and vehicle does not move. You have to hit the gas heavy for it to lurch violently forward and slam it into gear.

Very disappointing for a new truck I am irritated this could happen very poor quality control on the part of Chrysler.

I see some of you say new tranny needed for other posts. Does anyone have anything more definitive as to what needs replacing so I can pass it onto the dealership while they are working through this.

Thanks,

Mike
This sounds terrible. Hopefully you can get it sorted out. I haven't heard of this and don't have anything to contribute, other than to remember your lemon laws...I believe in California (not sure where you are) if you go in to have something fixed that could cause major injury/death two times (if I remember correctly) and they cant fix it then lemon law kicks in. I would argue that this transmission issue falls in that injury/death category.

mikey66666

Reaction score
This sounds terrible. Hopefully you can get it sorted out. I haven't heard of this and don't have anything to contribute, other than to remember your lemon laws...I believe in California (not sure where you are) if you go in to have something fixed that could cause major injury/death two times (if I remember correctly) and they cant fix it then lemon law kicks in. I would argue that this transmission issue falls in that injury/death category.
Thanks that is very helpful...They are going to put a brand new transmission in so hopefully that will fix it...

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not saying this is the case, but it sounds a lot like you have your auto Parking-Brake engaged, and that you're placing the truck into drive before actually fastening your seatbelt. When you do this, the E-Brake will not disengage, and when you hit the gas firmly enough, it will "eventually" release and the truck lurches forward. For the system to function properly, you must fasten your seatbelt before placing the truck into drive. This will allow the Auto feature to work and release the brakes when you rotate the gear selector. Otherwise, you must manually release the brake with the toggle switch, or hit the gas hard/long enough for the system to be overridden, which causes the lurch. Hope its as simple as this for you.

The other option you have is to go into UCONNECT and turn of the Auto Parking-Brake.

Last edited:

Paulmg1986

Reaction score
Mine does the opposite here lately it will intermittently lunge forward Real hard when I let go of the brake

mikey66666

Reaction score
Not saying this is the case, but it sounds a lot like you have your auto Parking-Brake engaged, and that you're placing the truck into drive before actually fastening your seatbelt. When you do this, the E-Brake will not disengage, and when you hit the gas firmly enough, it will "eventually" release and the truck lurches forward. For the system to function properly, you must fasten your seatbelt before placing the truck into drive. This will allow the Auto feature to work and release the brakes when you rotate the gear selector. Otherwise, you must manually release the brake with the toggle switch, or hit the gas hard/long enough for the system to be overridden, which causes the lurch. Hope its as simple as this for you.

The other option you have is to go into UCONNECT and turn of the Auto Parking-Brake.
I turned the auto parking brake off and never actually used the parking brake manually either...

So that is not the issue. I just found out there was metal in my transmission pan so i need a new transmission.

This will apparently fix the issue the new transmission is fitted tomorrow....fingers crossed it all works out well....

Users who are viewing this thread