5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 North Edition

19North5.7

Reaction score
Just picked up my 19 5.7 Longhorn Crew Cab North Edition last week . Question they state it sits 1” higher due HD Suspension True or False looking to replace my current 275/65/18 with 295/60/20 but if I could go bigger without level kit I will ? I know the magic number is around 34.5” for stock suspension

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Question they state it sits 1” higher due HD Suspension True or False
It sets one inch higher because the North Edition includes the off road group...suspension isn't necessarily HD, it just has a factory 1" lift and different shocks.

Who is the They that stated this

19North5.7

Reaction score
It sets one inch higher because the North Edition includes the off road group...suspension isn't necessarily HD, it just has a factory 1" lift and different shocks.

Who is the They that stated this
Some article I read on the web after I purchased the vehicle. I was under the impression according to Ram web it was just Front & Rear ExtraHD Shocks

Jtbarrett88

Reaction score
You get HD shocks, but the lift is engineered, there is no spacer, somewhere along the lines the 1" lift comes from the spring/strut.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The front gets the lift from the perch for the front spring sitting higher on the strut. The rear gets the lift from a longer spring. 295/60s should be fine. 285/65s fit on a stock suspension with no rubbing. 295/60s are .5 to .75" shorter, and about .5" wider. The space the wheel needs should be about the same, just trading height for width. With the extra inch, you should have plenty clearance.

19North5.7

Reaction score
Th
The front gets the lift from the perch for the front spring sitting higher on the strut. The rear gets the lift from a longer spring. 295/60s should be fine. 285/65s fit on a stock suspension with no rubbing. 295/60s are .5 to .75" shorter, and about .5" wider. The space the wheel needs should be about the same, just trading height for width. With the extra inch, you should have plenty clearance.
Thank You

Users who are viewing this thread