5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 loaded Limited vs loaded Laramie, what features would be lost on the Laramie?

George

Reaction score
Beside the front grille and interior cosmetics, if I chose the Laramie would I lose any useable features that cannot be ordered that the Limited comes with? Not saying I would want every feature but trying to understand the differences. I noticed the tow hooks missing from the Laramie.

cruz-in

Reaction score
I studied this on aLaramie Long Horn. I was not able to identify any features on the limited that could not be added to the Long Horn.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Limited comes with heated and ventilated rear seats, where the Laramie only has heated rear seats. Not sure ventilated rear seats is considered a useable feature, but it is one of the features lost by going with the Laramie.

You get the Bi-Function LED Projector Headlamps on the Limited, which are not available on the Laramie (unless you're going with the Longhorn).

There is also a difference in the leather between the two trims.

Last edited:

RonH

Reaction score
An easy way to do this comparison is using the printed 2019 Ram 1500 brochure. In a quick read of the feature availability starting on page 37, here are the features I saw available on the Limited and not the Laramie:

Chrome body side moldings
Full LED Headlamps with Signature lighting (headlamps on Laramie are mid-level LED -- whatever that means)
Limited specific 22-inch wheels (22-inch wheels are available on Laramie -- just not the same ones as on Limited)
Full console with premium wrapped leather lid and bombay door (console is apparently just a little nicer on the Limited)
Rubber floormats with premium carpet inserts (only the Limited has mats with carpet inserts)
Premium leather bucket front seats (leather is apparently a little nicer on the LImited)
Leather wrapped, real wood steering wheel (Laramie wheel doesn't have real wood)
Body color bumper group (Limited only option)

Caveat is that the brochure was printed probably 8-12 months ago and might not reflect current feature availability. (For example, it lists the bed divider/extender as part of the RamBox option.)

You probably know this, but once you option out a Laramie to Limited level, you'll be close to the price of a Limited. Advantage is that there are more color options on the Laramie.

davidn0021

Reaction score
I went through the exact same process and I opted for the Limited solely on the fact you get ventilated rear seats. Living in SoCal, those vents will be quite useful come summer time!

Last edited:

Jackham

Reaction score
If you get the Laramie Long horn and check all the boxes you wind up with a slightly fancier truck than a Limited. Then it just comes down to taste.

cruz-in

Reaction score
I did went through the exact same process and I opted for the Limited solely on the fact you get ventilated rear seats. Living in SoCal, those vents will be quite useful come summer time!

Our Larime Long Horn has ventilated (and heated) rear seats.

cruz-in

Reaction score
If you get the Laramie Long horn and check all the boxes you wind up with a slightly fancier truck than a Limited. Then it just comes down to taste.

One Dealer kept telling us this. Saying a fully decked out Laramie Longhorn is a higher trim level than a Limited. From my perspective they both end up the same (except color of interior). when a Longhorn is fully decked out.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As an opposite answer, you can get steel suspension on the Laramie but not available on the Limited.

Our Larime Long Horn has ventilated (and heated) rear seats.

Ram needs to stop calling the Longhorn a "Laramie Longhorn" imo; easy to confuse with the regular Laramie.

One Dealer kept telling us this. Saying a fully decked out Laramie Longhorn is a higher trim level than a Limited. From my perspective they both end up the same (except color of interior). when a Longhorn is fully decked out.

I'd agree the Longhorn could be considered on the same level as the Limited. But the Limited is technically higher because more standard equipment no?

George

Reaction score
As an opposite answer, you can get steel suspension on the Laramie but not available on the Limited.

Ram needs to stop calling the Longhorn a "Laramie Longhorn" imo; easy to confuse with the regular Laramie.

I'd agree the Longhorn could be considered on the same level as the Limited. But the Limited is technically higher because more standard equipment no?

Oh boy, here is where I let everyone know how uninformed I am, is steel suspension an advantage? Is it a box to check or is it just built that way.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score

What Electrical means is that the Limited only comes with the air suspension whereas the air suspension is optional on the Laramie.

On my Laramie, I do not have the protection group but I do have the tow hooks. Mine are chrome because I ordered the chrome appearance group. I'm not sure what option gave me the tow hooks. Perhaps black tow hooks were standard.

I chose the Laramie because I wanted the two-tone paint which was not an option on the Limited. I ordered a number of options on my Laramie and I am extremely happy with my choices. MSRP was around $63,000 so I was in the ballpark of a Limited.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh boy, here is where I let everyone know how uninformed I am, is steel suspension an advantage? Is it a box to check or is it just built that way.

No worries. Laramie has steel suspension standard; air suspension optional. Limited has air suspension only.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Noticed the comparison is between a loaded Laramie and a Limited with some comparing the Longhorn. IMO in the way you can opt these trucks, the Longhorn is more comparable with the Limited and not the Laramie, really shouldn’t be called a Laramie Longhorn. Basically, the level 1 Longhorn option gives you a limited (minus air suspension). I did do the same thing as many of you, I originally built a fully loaded Laramie and was in the Limited price range but since I did not want air suspension then Longhorn it was!

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
...but then I can't stand the interior and inside trim of the Longhorn...so there's that. I really like the look of the Laramie Sport.

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
...but then I can't stand the interior and inside trim of the Longhorn...so there's that.
...and if I didn’t like the Longhorn interior, grille, and wheels better than the Limited, I could have saved some money and bought a Limited. It’s nice to have options!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/