5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Limited Patriot Blue

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
New to the Ram family, coming from a few Jeeps and fell in love with the new Ram. Honestly I had been eyeing the F150 Platinum Blue Jeans since 2016 and I think it's an awesome truck, but the lack of storage inside and out (ramboxes) pushed me to stick with FCA. I currently have a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with a slight obsession with being a "prepper" (bug out bag, first aid, tow materials, fire extinguisher, etc) in a tote in the back and a newborn, there's barely enough room for groceries. Throwing the "prepper" stuff in the ramboxes and keeping everything inside a little more clean was the goal. I only need a truck for Home Depot DIY runs.

I ordered a 2019 Limited 4x4 in Patriot Blue, without a single option other than painted bumper and Ramboxes.

Ordered 5/18
Received VIN 5/22
Confirmed D status 5/25 (this may coincide with VIN, but today was the first time I asked the ram chat people specifically)

Ordered through a salesman that I got my last two jeeps from (14' Sahara, 15' GCO) in the central Kentucky region, he didn't put up much of a fight with matching the lowest price of a 4X4 Limited on cars.com within a 250 mile radius (well, there was one for 49,998 or something but I doubt that was a overly legit deal, even though it seems as tho some have gotten just about that good of a deal). But with no hassle, he took off $7,156.00 for a final price of $52,974. I have a feeling come July or august when this truck actually shows up, the going price will be more around 51k so hopefully we'll knock some off our agreed upon price. But if not, im at peace with 53k for exactly what I want, and I appreciated the no BS haggling he gave me (finally, first two jeeps took weeks. I'm sure he was tired of me)

I will post a picture as soon as I have anything to take a picture of. Looking at cars.com Limited in Blue, there are ~70 available in the nation and 3 with pictures. Not sure if they made blue limiteds for a few hours one day just for giggles, then went back to black, red and silver
1f914.png

I think that's it....my name is Alex, my wife is smarter than me, I have a 9 month old son and I appreciate craft beers but prefer bud light, Alright, now you know everything.

Cheers

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alwi228, can you post a pic of the yellow payload sticker inside the drivers door. I tow a travel trailer and am interested in real world payload for the Limited.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sure thing, SMALL update to this post tho. It turns out I have the patience of a 6 year old so I bought a fully loaded Limited off the lot. I have no tow mirrors, and 20 inch rims but I will go snap a picture of the sticker.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alwi228, can you post a pic of the yellow payload sticker inside the drivers door. I tow a travel trailer and am interested in real world payload for the Limited.
Sure thing, SMALL update to this post tho. It turns out I have the patience of a 6 year old so I bought a fully loaded Limited off the lot. I have no tow mirrors, and 20 inch rims but I will go snap a picture of the sticker.
The truck options in your profile are very close to what I am considering so I REALLY appreciate you posting that pic! Congrats on your new truck.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looks like they built it May 5th at noon.;) A Saturday truck.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I knew there was something amiss. I kept thinking to myself, who was getting the patriot blue limited. Haven't had much time to check out the forums and I see the heading and clicl on it to remind me of why I haven't seen it.

Maximum steel is also another color that has sparked my interest.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did they cancel your order or just stop tracking it?

alwi228 (Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 - Patriot Blue)
Date ordered: 05/21/2018
Current Status: New order
D1 status date: TBD
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: TBD

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did they cancel your order or just stop tracking it?

alwi228 (Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 - Patriot Blue)
Date ordered: 05/21/2018
Current Status: New order
D1 status date: TBD
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: TBD

Neither, as far as I can tell. I actually requested to escalate it last Friday....RamChat still says it's on track. I got an email yesterday saying

"Hello Alex, As per our conversation on 07/08/2018 I have received the following information about your order: ** According to program management there is nothing wrong with this consumers order - vehicle has a build plan timing for the week of July 23rd. We would encourage consumer to contact us back the week of July 30th for an update. **

That was the first I had heard of a estimate for a build date. I will probably kick myself in the butt for not getting ramboxes when I see them in the wild, but getting something on the lot added on a pano roof and the ACC (which I thought was standard on the limited at the time of my order) so, turned out well. The Max Steel is a funny acting color, spends 80% of it's time looking black, then really pops out grey. All in all, I think I would be happy no matter what driving a truck of this caliber.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice payload. Mine is a Laramie with 3.21s and no air suspension - it's at 1335. Do you have the 3.92 rear end - or it might be the air suspension that gives a bit of an increased capacity.

3.21's. Next truck order I'd probably pay a little more attention to gearing and get the 3.92's or whatever is out in 3/4 years.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3.21's. Next truck order I'd probably pay a little more attention to gearing and get the 3.92's or whatever is out in 3/4 years.

I went with the 3.21s to help with mileage - but after hearing the 3.92s stay in ECO mode longer at speed...seem's to be a damned if you do, damned if you don't. F150s offer 3.31, 3.55 and 3.73. No brainer to get a 3.55 in that truck...

cjgerson

Reaction score
I went with the 3.21s to help with mileage - but after hearing the 3.92s stay in ECO mode longer at speed...seem's to be a damned if you do, damned if you don't. F150s offer 3.31, 3.55 and 3.73. No brainer to get a 3.55 in that truck...

Yeah similar to 2013 when I ordered my current truck. You could get 3.21, 3.55 or 3.92 with the 5.7L. Easy to order the 3.55.

Users who are viewing this thread