5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Limited - Offroad Package or 22s?

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you planning to do much off-roading in a Limited with 22" wheels? If not, save the bucks and the weight and skip the protection group. Same goes for the e-locker. It's great if you're rock crawling and can't risk any slip at all, but the anti-spin also works very well.

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
Are you planning to do much off-roading in a Limited with 22" wheels? If not, save the bucks and the weight and skip the protection group. Same goes for the e-locker. It's great if you're rock crawling and can't risk any slip at all, but the anti-spin also works very well.
Not regularly, but I hunt and depending on where I go I don’t always have my lease vehicle. 2 years ago I was north of Lano Texas in my Chevy high country, where there a lot of steep hills with loose rocks where you have to go up and then down again to get a stand or feeder. I made it up one hill with some speed, but after filling the feeder I couldn’t make it back up the other hill and had to get a tow truck. He was an off-roader and said the biggest problem I had, above tires, was the differential. He said a locking most likely would have gotten me up. That stuck ever since, and I’ve since witnessed simile trucks making the same exact hill with lockers.

I’d rather have things and not need them, then need them and not have them.

This is a work truck for me, and while I don’t plan on damaging the 22s, if they get scraped on the rocks I’m not overly concerned. Trucks, no mattter how nice, are still trucks to me and I’ll use the hell out of them lol.

tm757

Reaction score
Congratulations on your purchase. You do know about the tow mirror issues?
I googled it also but didn’t find an issue with the tow mirrors. Can you enlighten me? I recently purchased a 2020 Ram.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I googled it also but didn’t find an issue with the tow mirrors. Can you enlighten me? I recently purchased a 2020 Ram.
Old thread but the tow mirrors delete the 360 camera and they aren't power folding.

Users who are viewing this thread