5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Limited - Offroad Package or 22s?

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm trying to decide which direction to go when I get my Ram (probably a few months into 2019). I still haven't seen a Limited with the offroad package. I was set on getting this, but I really like the design of the 22s better. I"m starting to lean towards spec'ng the Ram with the protection group, e-locker, 3.92 etc as opposed to the offroad package. Aside from tow hooks and heal descent, is there anything it's missing? Does anyone have pics of a limited with the offroad package?

Thanks in advance!

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
Thanks for the article! I still can't find out if the Limited actually comes with the lift. Everything I've read says it does, except for the Ram website. From my understanding, the air suspension models do not get the 1" lift. Can anyone confirm?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the article! I still can't find out if the Limited actually comes with the lift. Everything I've read says it does, except for the Ram website. From my understanding, the air suspension models do not get the 1" lift. Can anyone confirm?
They come with the air suspension set to ride 1” higher at all times than they would without the ORG.

This also means that they only have 4 suspension settings instead of 5...just like the Rebel section of the owner’s manual. My Longhorn is the same way (only one “Off Road” mode since “Normal” is already +1”).

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
They come with the air suspension set to ride 1” higher at all times than they would without the ORG.

This also means that they only have 4 suspension settings instead of 5...just like the Rebel section of the owner’s manual. My Longhorn is the same way (only one “Off Road” mode since “Normal” is already +1”).
Interesting. I wonder if there as aftermarket fix if I opt not go for the offroad package. It would be nice to have that extra 1" on by default, especially if I put 33s on.

I'm not a fan of the OEM (i like the 22s), and at 36 years old I'm not a fan of putting aftermarket wheels on trucks. Sports cars and fast SUVs yes, trucks, no.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Check out the threads on lifting/leveling on this forum. Lots of options, especially if you forego the air suspension.

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm only interested in the fully loaded limited with air suspension, so I'm hoping to find a solution for that. I'll check out the forum

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is the ride affected by the ORP? How does it compare to a Limited without ORP?

I've heard that the ORP suspension is not quite as supple as the standard Limited.

RNB

Reaction score
I have the ORP and the ride is as nice as my Landcruiser. I have no complaints

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is the ride affected by the ORP? How does it compare to a Limited without ORP?

I've heard that the ORP suspension is not quite as supple as the standard Limited.
I have the ORP and this is the smoothest riding car/truck I have ever drove.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
No offense to anyone, as feedback is greatly appreciated. But commenting on the ride without xomparing road conditions is apples to oranges (smooth roads vs rough back roads). I drive a good amount of bumpy back roads. Right now i have a 4rh gen. Ordering new 5th gen soon. My truck rides good for a truck on these roads. I would however lime to have suspension a little more stout, something made for rough roads / bumps at speed. I really need to drive both trucks on the same roads to compare. And ones smooth is anothers rough.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm trying to decide which direction to go when I get my Ram (probably a few months into 2019). I still haven't seen a Limited with the offroad package. I was set on getting this, but I really like the design of the 22s better. I"m starting to lean towards spec'ng the Ram with the protection group, e-locker, 3.92 etc as opposed to the offroad package. Aside from tow hooks and heal descent, is there anything it's missing? Does anyone have pics of a limited with the offroad package?

Thanks in advance!
I considered the ORP, but when I saw the Limited with the 22"s on the lot, that's what I went with. Not even sure if you can get ORP with 22"s (not that it matters in my case, as I don't do any hardcore off-roading), so that's what I bought.

Another thing to consider is the height of your garage door (if parking inside). Mine has a 1/2" clearance to the top of the door. Had I gone with the ORP, it would have been too tall for my garage.

Cheers,

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
EDITED: Thanks to edrclark suggestions.

Well, the day has come and I'm ordering a Ram Limited. Had I gone the HD route I'd be ordering a 2019 F250 Limited, but I can't deal with no parking in parking garages.

I talked with owner of my local dealer and told him my magic number. Minimum $10k off. He said he'll get me that , and if there are extra incentives when it arrives he'll knock more off. Best yet, if I'm not happy with the price when it arrives he'll refund my deposit ($100) and sell the truck to someone else. That's a win-win.

I went with the following options:
eTorque Engine
E-Locker
33 Gallon
Level 1
Protection group
Body colored bumper
Bed utility
Ivory Tri-Coat exterior
22" wheels
Indigo Frost Interior
Pano sunroof
Trailer brake control

MSRP: $70,580. If all goes well I'll take it fresh off the truck. If it were sitting on a lot, I'd be looking for around $14k off right now. However ordered the way I want it, $11-12k will be perfect.

Hopefully it all works out. I can smell the leather already!

Last edited:

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
Well, interesting update. Dealer said it’s “not letting him order e-locker”. And that I’d have to go with anti-spin. I said I’d entertain that. Then he says he can’t order protection group, so I said no cigar. He said it was backordered. I said thanks but I’ll go ahead and wait. He said he was going to email FCA and see what’s going on. Not sure what to think of all this lol

Users who are viewing this thread