5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Limited - Levelling

LHarv

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been on the search for a decent leveling kit that will allow me to use my factory 22' rims and throw some 33's on them. 3 things I am looking for:

1. They don't effect the air suspension and all levels work
2. They don't add too much ride height as I park underground
3. They won't effect my towing or load capacity.

Lets see what you have, pictures are appreciated

Thanks

jljbtm

Reaction score
Following, I seems like everyone has 22's and mine have 20's

Techna

Reaction score
Check the suspension sub, as there is good info to be had. FWIW, I have Daystar spacers (the ones listed for 4th gen trucks fit the 5th as well) and leveling links from AirLinks Suspension. The ride is minimally, or not at all effected if you use a combo of spacers and links rather than just links alone. All modes still work on my truck and I’m as close to level as I care to shoot for.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been on the search for a decent leveling kit that will allow me to use my factory 22' rims and throw some 33's on them. 3 things I am looking for:

1. They don't effect the air suspension and all levels work
2. They don't add too much ride height as I park underground
3. They won't effect my towing or load capacity.

Lets see what you have, pictures are appreciated

Thanks
You can throw 33" tires on there without doing anything to the suspension and be fine.
Best you can do with your limitations is get airlinks for the front and raise it between 1/2" to 3/4" and throw on 33" tires and call it a day.
If you go more than 3/4" lift up front without spacers you'll definitely notice a more harsh ride.

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
Depends on whether you want to raise the front or lower the rear to level it.
Some resources and DIY ideas in this thread.
Bear in mind that the front suspension alignment is done at the factory-set NORMAL ride height, and because we have unequal length control arms, you should consider a realignment after you level it.

Steve

Last edited:

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bear in mind that the front suspension alignment is done at the factory-set NORMAL ride height, and because we have unequal length control arms, you should consider a realignment after you level it.

Steve
Do you feel an alignment is still required if only raising the front 1/2" to 3/4"?

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
Do you feel an alignment is still required if only raising the front 1/2" to 3/4"?

My opinion, since you asked, for any suspension, is that if you anticipate a lot of highway driving, then it should be checked and corrected, if necessary, for your new ride height. Lacking that, if you routinely use a tire shop to periodically rotate and re-balance your tires, have them pay close attention to signs of abnormal tire wear that could indicate an adjustment is necessary.
If you lower the rear instead of raising the front to level it, no adjustment to steering geometry should be needed.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread