5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Limited 4x4 with 35/11.50r20 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires

jfisher34

Reaction score
The only problem I incurred was accidentally going past level as I guess and checked with the links. I adjusted the links too much and it gave a nose up look and threw a suspension error code. I adjusted the links to a less aggressive length and came very close to level. Unfortunately the ride quality suffered tremendously and completely made the air ride worthless. Since then I added the Daystar polyurethane leveling kit for the 2018 regular suspension and it was night/day. The stock ride comfort was restored and gave me the ability to run the 35x11.50x20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers with ZERO issues. I was even able to lower the truck into Entry/Exit mode and park in a parking garage in downtown last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I add the Daystar leveling kit, do I still need to add the air links?
thanks

19 streak

Reaction score
If I add the Daystar leveling kit, do I still need to add the air links?
thanks
Yes I believe so because the control arm will be at a different angle with the daystar kit. So the links will still have to be used but you will have the benefit of having the factory air bag operating in the proper travel. Retain factory ride as close as possible

jfisher34

Reaction score
Yes I believe so because the control arm will be at a different angle with the daystar kit. So the links will still have to be used but you will have the benefit of having the factory air bag operating in the proper travel. Retain factory ride as close as possible
thanks!

Llamafood

Reaction score
nice looking setup. what kind of MPG drop did you see switching to LT tires?

Rebel03

Reaction score
I'm about to level my 2019 Rebel Air with the Daystar kit I just received today. I've been riding with only an extra 1" in front and definitely feel the bumpiness. Can't imagine it's any better going the next inch for full level.

I am curious @OUscott1 do you have pictures of your UCA angles in each air ride setting? I've been in communication with Readylift trying to figure out if the 2018 UCA (67-1500) they have will fit my 2019. It sounds like it should. I would just set a threaded nut rivet in the tube, add a 8mm ball stud and adjust the length of my air links. I have custom adjustable level links so I could make it work. I suppose I'll find out soon, but curious if you already had pictures of your angles.

Ill post my results once I get complete. Right now struggling through West Michigan weather!

19 streak

Reaction score
I'm about to level my 2019 Rebel Air with the Daystar kit I just received today. I've been riding with only an extra 1" in front and definitely feel the bumpiness. Can't imagine it's any better going the next inch for full level.

I am curious @OUscott1 do you have pictures of your UCA angles in each air ride setting? I've been in communication with Readylift trying to figure out if the 2018 UCA (67-1500) they have will fit my 2019. It sounds like it should. I would just set a threaded nut rivet in the tube, add a 8mm ball stud and adjust the length of my air links. I have custom adjustable level links so I could make it work. I suppose I'll find out soon, but curious if you already had pictures of your angles.

Ill post my results once I get complete. Right now struggling through West Michigan weather!

I'm looking forward to hearing your results. This will probably be the route I go this spring. Keep us posted on install and such

Rebel03

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to hearing your results. This will probably be the route I go this spring. Keep us posted on install and such

Readylift clarified and now said that UCA will not fit a 2019. I'm a little skeptical of that, but for now I won't worry about a new UCA. I'll post angle pics hopefully after this weekend.

Rebel03

Reaction score
As promised here are some pics. Ignore the bad undercoat job performed by my dealer recommended contractor. I'll b cleaning this up come spring!

In pictures I've adjusted front links for 1" of rake from back. I will likely bring up another 1/2" after it settles and get an alignment. As is ride is much softer, I think even better than stock!

Tires fit and I followed @19BlkRam write up on wheel well mod.

Daystar 2.5" spacer (kc09113bk)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001GH1NHU?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image
Pro Comp AT 35x12.5x20
LRG 20x10x-12 Wheels
Ram Links tapped with M6 studs and heat shrinked.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/T2J44P8N3/2015-2019-adjustable-links-female?optionId=79551312

Max Droop Stock (& stock 33s)
18721.jpeg

Max Droop After Daystar Installed (& heavier 35s)
18724.jpeg

Off Road
18722.jpeg

Normal
18720.jpeg

Aero
18719.jpeg

Entry/ Exit
18723.jpeg

Last edited:

Rebel03

Reaction score
So you did this all yourself?

My shop (Electrical Contractor) has a car hoist. I use it at times. I've lifted and leveled at least 10 trucks/ Jeeps over the years. This one was pretty easy, granted, freeing bolts off a truck with only 2000 miles should be easy. This took me about 3hrs. Would have been quicker, but ran into some issues with the threads on my first strut. Nothing some patience and a file couldn't correct.

Tips
  • Level truck to liking with links before installing spacer
  • drop into entry/ exit and set to tire jack mode
  • Disconnect negative battery before starting
  • Be sure to tape off the air fittings once removed (no dirt)
  • When cutting strut studs down, if using a cutting wheel take your time as to not overheat and melt the bags
  • Use lock-tite and torque to specs
  • Don't overtighten the brass air fitting, snug is good
  • If you've never done a level or lift, read a lot, but don't be scared. Strut spacers are an easy level project, just take your time. You'll find out the easier ways and the hard ways with practice.
  • If you get new wheels, get the appropriate hubcentric adapters (this will reduce chance of wheel shake)
  • After level, get an alignment!
  • Edit: I leveled completely now and checked alignment, still well within spec! No alignment needed on level!

Last edited:

Rockman

Reaction score
I am running 35x12.50x22 nitro ridge grapplers on fuel 22x10 wheels on 19 limited. I am also using the revel performance links. This truck is temp while I am waiting on the eco diesel. When the ecodiesel,comes in I was planning to use daystar spacers and use the upper arms that come in the Mopar 2" lift kit. If you remove the plastic fender flares in front of the step I have no rubbing in aero mode. Now that time has passed rough country makes a 5” for air suspension and is available now. Since I am running 22x10 wheels I am going to wait on bds 4" so all modes work as they are supposed to. Bds is currently working on this lift is what I have heard.
If you are going to install daystars i recommend looking into Mopar 2” upper control arms. The off road upper arms that offer 1” lift are also another option.

fact mechanic

Reaction score
As promised here are some pics. Ignore the bad undercoat job performed by my dealer recommended contractor. I'll b cleaning this up come spring!

In pictures I've adjusted front links for 1" of rake from back. I will likely bring up another 1/2" after it settles and get an alignment. As is ride is much softer, I think even better than stock!

Ram Links tapped with M6 studs and heat shrinked.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/T2J44P8N3/2015-2019-adjustable-links-female?optionId=79551312

Are you just using links on the front?

What are you referring to about the M6 studs and heat shrinking? Did you just order 4 female ends (instead of 2 female and 2 male from the site) because you needed a longer stud than is on 3D printed male ends because of the Daystar spacer?

Rebel03

Reaction score
Are you just using links on the front?

What are you referring to about the M6 studs and heat shrinking? Did you just order 4 female ends (instead of 2 female and 2 male from the site) because you needed a longer stud than is on 3D printed male ends because of the Daystar spacer?
Yes, I used (4) female ends and only on the front. I had been in communication with the seller before I purchased. I wasn't sure how sturdy the 3D printed threads would be. So I just got (4) female ends. On the listing it said 7/16 thread. Seemed odd, but I got a pice of stainless rod from Grainger in preparation. When I received the links, they were closer to a 1/4-20 or maybe a M7 tap size but regardless, threads were warped. I ran a M6 tap though it first and it was ok. I had some 45mm M6 stainless cap socket bolts, so I cut those off and used just the threaded portion. Figured out my length (grinder to length) after test fitting them put a piece of heat shrink over the rod to clean up the look. They fit pretty good, a little sloppy, but aren't falling off, just have some play. Hasn't effected system that I can tell. With the Daystar spacer and links set to level truck (within 1/4" now) and 35s, ride is smooth! Better than stock for sure.

I shortened these another couple mm since this pic to get closer to level.
18792.jpeg

HernandoBeachRam

Reaction score
OU Scott, did you remove the leveling links after adding the DayStar kit? I installed the Revel links (front only) and while the ride was certainly affected, not as severely as you reported. Thanks for all the information, there is very little available about the AirRide set up on the new 2019 models and several dealers and custom shops were useless. I am looking at the Terra Grappler G2 in the 35x11.50x20 size. Test fitted a 12.50 in another brand and it rubbed on the suspension at wheel lock.

Users who are viewing this thread