5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Limited 4x4 with 35/11.50r20 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires

Rebel03

Reaction score
OU Scott, did you remove the leveling links after adding the DayStar kit? I installed the Revel links (front only) and while the ride was certainly affected, not as severely as you reported. Thanks for all the information, there is very little available about the AirRide set up on the new 2019 models and several dealers and custom shops were useless. I am looking at the Terra Grappler G2 in the 35x11.50x20 size. Test fitted a 12.50 in another brand and it rubbed on the suspension at wheel lock.
You have to keep the adjustable links in. All though adding the spacer gives lift potential the air system would notice the height change and bring it back down. Level links correct this and spacer allows for more stock like psi in your air suspension (less stiff).

After driving for a week without the Daystar, and now the past couple weeks with it in, I'm very glad I went the extra step.

I also added some side steps a week ago. Definitely nice having a lift available at work! Jelly?

Link to other thread post.

IMG_20190216_140328240_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190216_084617199_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the Daystar spacer on a Limited with air suspension AND off-road package? The off road package has a 1" lift and different shocks from regular trucks and rebel.

TheSasquatch

Reaction score
Nearly finished with setting things up how I wanted it.

Wheels 20x9
Tires Hankook ATM 305/50r20
No Lift, level, or anything. Fits and Drives perfectly.

Black emblems from Mopar
Grill wrapped satin black
Tow Hooks / Exhaust Tips baked in Satin Black powdercoat
(Still need to get the window trim chrome replaced with black tonight)

cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_0506.JPG
    IMG_0506.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_0510.JPG
    IMG_0510.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_0511.JPG
    IMG_0511.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:

Livinfast85

Reaction score

Wheels 20x9

Black emblems from Mopar

cheers.

That looks killer!

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Wheels 20x9

Black emblems from Mopar
cheers.

Tell me more about that wrap on the grille. I took it to a guy who did my windows and he said he couldn't do it on the truck. I figured if I had to take it apart, I may as well paint it.

TheSasquatch

Reaction score
Tell me more about that wrap on the grille. I took it to a guy who did my windows and he said he couldn't do it on the truck. I figured if I had to take it apart, I may as well paint it.

The grill isn't any harder than wrapping anything else. My wrap guy is mostly just tint / clearbra shop and it was NO problem for him. Just used the most common 3M wrap brand. I would NOT paint it as it will chip extremely easily and within a couple months, you'd have a grill riddled with chips. Needs to be a material that's got some depth and give like clearbra or wrap on the front of a car. I WAS going to have the guy who painted the chrome on my F-150 paint the grill and he reminded me that it's on the front and then we both laughed.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The grill isn't any harder than wrapping anything else. My wrap guy is mostly just tint / clearbra shop and it was NO problem for him. Just used the most common 3M wrap brand. I would NOT paint it as it will chip extremely easily and within a couple months, you'd have a grill riddled with chips. Needs to be a material that's got some depth and give like clearbra or wrap on the front of a car. I WAS going to have the guy who painted the chrome on my F-150 paint the grill and he reminded me that it's on the front and then we both laughed.

So was it wrapped while on the truck and no parts were disassembled? Also, with proper prep these plastic parts are no different than any other plastic painted pieces.

2019Oklimited

Reaction score
You have to keep the adjustable links in. All though adding the spacer gives lift potential the air system would notice the height change and bring it back down. Level links correct this and spacer allows for more stock like psi in your air suspension (less stiff).

After driving for a week without the Daystar, and now the past couple weeks with it in, I'm very glad I went the extra step.

I also added some side steps a week ago. Definitely nice having a lift available at work! Jelly?

Link to other thread post.

View attachment 16813
View attachment 16814
What is the total length center to center of the links? I bought some ends @ granger and m5 stainless thread rod and did the 2.25” center holes and or2 throws code. Putting daystar on tomorrow.

Rebel03

Reaction score
What is the total length center to center of the links? I bought some ends @ granger and m5 stainless thread rod and did the 2.25” center holes and or2 throws code. Putting daystar on tomorrow.
I think I ended up somewhere around 65mm if I remember right. I tweaked a little on the passenger side to even out. I never remeasured after that...

Also, on the Rebel we have E/E, Aero, Normal and OR, I think essentially we ride in OR1 as normal. Not sure if that makes a difference between trim levels when leveling with links.

Dom507

Reaction score
Just got my new tires put on today. Have already done the Revel Performance leveling links(more about that later). No rubbing or cutting of any sort!

4873ddfd86991048a1f4aab854bb8200.jpg
d2ceb4881dd33d876d953442c1e1fdd4.jpg
d047262f32bb2683ae00d4420eed1cd6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 in or 3 in level kit ? And with the stock rims being +19 do the tires stick pass fender or level ???

Users who are viewing this thread