5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Limited 1500 Battery Good, truck Dead

dmodem

Reaction score
Lo and behold, today was the 3rd time it sat dead in the garage after 3 days. I was able to jump it, but after driving for 10-15 mins, the screen, backup camera, nor climate controls wouldn't work. I called the same dealer and asked if I could drop it off and get a loaner to get back home. He stated they didn't have anything for me to borow, but mentioned something could be waking up a module such as a "microwave in the house". After I inquired whether I should get rid of my microwave, he asked if I had a battery charger and stated the tech said I should disconnect the battery from the truck and charge it with my charger. Once charged, reinstall and see if things wake up. I guess I'm doing Ram's warranty work now on a '19 with 13,700 miles. OK. Got it.
After charging for 4 hours to 100%, the truck starts, but after 15+ mins of driving, still no backup camera and radio settings were wrong. It'll be going in tomorrow for the 3rd attempt at a diagnosis and repair provided it starts in the morning, and my kids don't cook Ramen in the microwave tonight..

Reaction score
A month ago I went out to the truck to go to work and the truck was dead... No running boards deployed, no lights on the dash, not a peep or a pop.
I tried boosting it...nothing...completely dead.
I put a charger on it without checking the battery with a multimeter and went to work. Came home at lunch and it still didn't light up. Dealership said tow it in...
I didn't have time to arrange a tow truck and figured I would be able to sort it out myself.
After work I put my hand in the door handle and the truck came alive....
it was like it woke up...back up camera was a blue screen...some other memory settings weren't there anymore (gauge cluster configuration) but it ran.
all functions were working 100% about 2 hours later.

This happened again this morning.
this time i checked the battery....fully charged 13V.
I put a trickle charger on it anyway...thinking it was tempermental...maybe a 0.5V difference caused it to puke and fail.....didn't do anything.

I called a tow truck and he tried boosting it...nothing...totally dead truck with a good battery.

at the dealership they tried to get a reading off the OBD port, but because it was DEAD they couldnt get anything..

They checked the battery....fully charged..."not the battery".

They figure some connector somewhere must be disconnected because there is NOTHING on at all and everything under the hood looks normal.

Stay Tuned.
(i have read all (most) other forum posts and couldn't find anything related to battery being fine but truck dead).
Your truck needs a muffler swab....prolly gots Covid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/