5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Laramie wrapped in 3M Matte Black Vinyl lifted with rear bags

Drewdidit

Reaction score
Bought this Laramie to move campers from dealership to dealership here in our home town. Wrapped the truck in Matte Black 3M vinyl with company logo, 3.92 gears and added airlift 5000 bags with wireless remote, Tri-Fold bed cover, 6" Rough Country lift that actually rides very well, 22x10 Black Rhino Rims wrapped in 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Under the hood I installed the Edge Pulsar programmer to adjust tire size which has a few performance options but main purpose is tire size adjustment. Waiting on AMP XL side steps

Attachments

• IMG_1766 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1766 (Large).JPG
    466.3 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_1770 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1770 (Large).JPG
    470.7 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_1775 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1775 (Large).JPG
    525 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_1779 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1779 (Large).JPG
    443.4 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_1780 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1780 (Large).JPG
    467.7 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_1782 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1782 (Large).JPG
    351.6 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_1783 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1783 (Large).JPG
    323.9 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_1785 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1785 (Large).JPG
    416.3 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_1786 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1786 (Large).JPG
    415.1 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_1792 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1792 (Large).JPG
    367.9 KB · Views: 270

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice and such a great way to not only advertise, but stay functional as well. :)

Livinfast85

Reaction score
Bought this Laramie to move campers from dealership to dealership here in our home town. Wrapped the truck in Matte Black 3M vinyl with company logo, 3.92 gears and added airlift 5000 bags with wireless remote, Tri-Fold bed cover, 6" Rough Country lift that actually rides very well, 22x10 Black Rhino Rims wrapped in 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Under the hood I installed the Edge Pulsar programmer to adjust tire size which has a few performance options but main purpose is tire size adjustment. Waiting on AMP XL side steps

Truck looks great! On the bags, where did you get the brackets to make them work with the lift?

Jplumley

Reaction score
Looks great.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Amazing job! (And this is coming from, The Queen Of The 3rd & 4th Gen Lifted Trucks)

When i FIRST saw the new 2019 design, i was convinced the Laramies would look HORRIBLE with major lifts done to them. They just looked too "fancy" and i could NOT envision them looking "lifted & mean" without looking goofy! Yours COMPLETELY "trumps that myth" : )

Love the wrap as well...Curious what actual color it is underneath, and my only suggestion would have been for a gloss black AND matte mix , or to have had a "partial wrap that allowed some of the paint to show off : ) Might "pop" even MORE, but not sure if THAT'S even possible, since ya did such an excellent job : )

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks bad ***.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Looks amazing. How much did it cost to wrap the whole truck?

Drewdidit

Reaction score
Looks amazing. How much did it cost to wrap the whole truck?
This is my second one. Prices can very around here in Mississippi from 900 to 3500 all depending on what you want. This Truck was $1,200

Drewdidit

Reaction score
Amazing job! (And this is coming from, The Queen Of The 3rd & 4th Gen Lifted Trucks)

When i FIRST saw the new 2019 design, i was convinced the Laramies would look HORRIBLE with major lifts done to them. They just looked too "fancy" and i could NOT envision them looking "lifted & mean" without looking goofy! Yours COMPLETELY "trumps that myth" : )

Love the wrap as well...Curious what actual color it is underneath, and my only suggestion would have been for a gloss black AND matte mix , or to have had a "partial wrap that allowed some of the paint to show off : ) Might "pop" even MORE, but not sure if THAT'S even possible, since ya did such an excellent job : )
Tuck is origionally grey. Im looking for a stock picture of it now.

Drewdidit

Reaction score
70,000 Miles update. This past week we had an ice storm here in Mississippi and it was the FIRST time I've ever used the 4 wheel drive. Put the truck in neutral and then proceeded to changed to 4 high. The truck sounded like metal on metal when I would press on the gas. If I was coasting without using the throttle, no noise. Made it down my driveway and quickly put it back in 2wd. Truck drives and sounds normal in 2WD. Took it to the local Dodge dealership for them to tell me I need a new transfer case and that it was out of warranty. Not very happy. I purchased an extended warranty when buying the truck from USAA and we are waiting to hear if its covered. Fingers crossed.

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
Hope it’s covered under your warranty. I would think if your within the years and mileage that it would be.

Drewdidit

Reaction score
Hope it’s covered under your warranty. I would think if your within the years and mileage that it would be.
That's what I thought. Its not covered. Extended warranty will not cover ANY vehicle that has been lifted with bigger wheels and tires, even if it was done by the dealership. 3 year 60K mile powertrain warranty is gone and the extended warranty which was purchased from USAA is also no good because of the lift with larger tires. Once I informed them that all the work was done by the dealership and it was sold to me like this they refunded me the full balance of the warranty and told me that the warranty should have never been sold to me.

I reached out to Dodge last night by a mobile chat and explained to them that the truck has never been mistreated and that I've never used the 4 wheel drive and didn't understand why this had happened. Dodge contacted me first thing this morning and told me not to worry and that they would be reaching out to the dealership that the truck has now been at for over a week. 1 hour later the dealership contacted me stating that Dodge was going to pay for ALL of the repairs except for $500 which I was responsible for. Considering I was about to come out of pocket $1,850 plus tax Ill gladly pay it. On top of that the dealership is also gonna allow me to use my military ID and get 10% off the $500 repair bill.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
That's what I thought. Its not covered. Extended warranty will not cover ANY vehicle that has been lifted with bigger wheels and tires, even if it was done by the dealership. 3 year 60K mile powertrain warranty is gone and the extended warranty which was purchased from USAA is also no good because of the lift with larger tires. Once I informed them that all the work was done by the dealership and it was sold to me like this they refunded me the full balance of the warranty and told me that the warranty should have never been sold to me.

I reached out to Dodge last night by a mobile chat and explained to them that the truck has never been mistreated and that I've never used the 4 wheel drive and didn't understand why this had happened. Dodge contacted me first thing this morning and told me not to worry and that they would be reaching out to the dealership that the truck has now been at for over a week. 1 hour later the dealership contacted me stating that Dodge was going to pay for ALL of the repairs except for $500 which I was responsible for. Considering I was about to come out of pocket $1,850 plus tax Ill gladly pay it. On top of that the dealership is also gonna allow me to use my military ID and get 10% off the $500 repair bill.
That is great. Glad to hear FCA came through for the repairs.

Cheers,

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score

I’m glad to see they are doing the right thing for you!

Users who are viewing this thread