5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Laramie with some exterior mods

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Excited to learn more from you guys. Here are some pics. Coming soon will be color matched grill swap (on order) and textured black applique (in transit from dealer).

IMG_9234.jpg IMG_9232.jpg IMG_9087.jpg applique black 1.jpg

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Excited to learn more from you guys. Here are some pics. Coming soon will be color matched grill swap (on order) and textured black applique (in transit from dealer).
@Accountant welcome... thanks for the pics! Modifications are liked here too. Out of curiosity why didn’t you go with the Sport Appearance if you wanted the color matched grill... was it an “on the lot” purchase? Oh and how much is the grill costing if you don’t mind me asking ... others may be interested in doing the same kind of thing.

Where is the appliqué going, do you mean like black door moldings?

I’ve got a Max Steel Laramie on the way with chrome side steps and just 18”s to save money... it’ll get here someday. Not sure if it’ll be too much chrome for me or not. I like shiny.

Reactions: 356

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Accountant welcome... thanks for the pics! Modifications are liked here too. Out of curiosity why didn’t you go with the Sport Appearance if you wanted the color matched grill... was it an “on the lot” purchase? Oh and how much is the grill costing if you don’t mind me asking ... others may be interested in doing the same kind of thing.

Where is the appliqué going, do you mean like black door moldings?

I’ve got a Max Steel Laramie on the way with chrome side steps and just 18”s to save money... it’ll get here someday. Not sure if it’ll be too much chrome for me or not. I like shiny.

Yes it was off the lot and my must haves were air ride suspension and front bench seats.

The applique goes between the hood and the grill. I like how the Rebel looks with the textured black. Plus i dont want to worry anout paint chips. My original plan was to swap for the Rebel grill but too much alterations would be required.

The grill is $360 shipped unpainted. I'm also going to use OEM matte black RAM letters in the grill.

You can contact Avondaleautomotive on eBay. They are great to work with.

Exterior-10-i.jpg.image.1440 _Rebel(1).jpg 1463040333-aHR0cDovL2MxMTFlNTU1MWQzMTdiNjgwMTczLThhNDZhYmJhZjlmOGRiMjYxNDgwMDkwMzYzZDJkYmJjLn...jpeg

Last edited:

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes it was off the lot and my must haves were air ride suspension and front bench seats.

The applique goes between the hood and the grill. I like how the Rebel looks with the textured black. Plus i dont want to worry anout paint chips. My original plan was to swap for the Rebel grill but too much alterations would be required.

The grill is $360 shipped unpainted. I'm also going to use OEM matte black RAM letters in the grill.

You can contact Avondaleautomotive on eBay. They are great to work with.

View attachment 3652 View attachment 3656
Awesome thanks, can’t wait to see how it turns out.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes I can’t wait also to see as you know we are both changing our front ends and both have bench seats lol. As soon as you see the photo of my Ram you’ll know who I am. F88FA756-31BF-41E4-8D39-7DCB88519B04.jpeg

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I also sent you a pm about a couple other things that we maybe interested in acquiring lol.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really like the mods you are doing. Great looking truck. The first pictures could be in a promo brochure.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really like the mods you are doing. Great looking truck. The first pictures could be in a promo brochure.
Thank you very much! I like the chrome but it is also fun to do some mods.

Celtic Sun

Reaction score
Very interested in what and how you are doing your chrome transformation, Accountant. I purchased my Laramie off the lot in Maximum Steel Metallic. Didn't even think about special ordering and initially liked the chrome but now thinking I don't like it as much. First thing to do on my truck is window tinting to combat the brutal Georgia summer heat. Then 3.5 ready lift and wheels/tires. After that, I'm considering swapping hood applique and grill and maybe replacing the chrome bumpers. Also considering adding the sport performance hood. Further down the line will be the ram airflow cold air intake and mopar catback exhaust. Any thoughts on this plan?

Users who are viewing this thread