5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Laramie - Loud Brakes in the morning when reversing

Tesla

Reaction score
In the morning, or if its been a few hours since I last drove the truck, the brakes will be very loud when I am in reverse. Anyone have this issue?

Viper1mx

Reaction score
Yes same thing here - front left has always squealed a bit in forward but whatever - cold mornings now and I get the same when initially backing out of the driveway, goes away for the rest of the day though. Could be time (36K) for a pad swap and a good bed-in procedure.

Reaction score
Built up surface rust on the rotor will cause this. Happens to most vehicles parked outside overnight. Your first breaking of the morning is typically enough to clean that off and you'll be good to go.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes same thing here - front left has always squealed a bit in forward but whatever - cold mornings now and I get the same when initially backing out of the driveway, goes away for the rest of the day though. Could be time (36K) for a pad swap and a good bed-in procedure.
I hope they don't wear out that fast. I got 80k out of the pads on my Tundra.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
There are older threads about this. I seem to remember there might have been a TSB on this, and that the issue seemed to be limited to 2019 models. I'll do a quick search...

Here's one thread...

Here's another...

Users who are viewing this thread