5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Laramie Harmon Kardon System

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
how do you know if it is?

Hold down outer two bottom icons for ~10 sec and dealer mode pops up. Hit the top option then audio to see this screen.

HW Part Number - CNSC28N0GL
SW Version - 18.27.17
App Version - USA-KR-SBX-20.16.0-20180703-K0AC
BootMicro - 18.26.01
HD Tuner - CTP2_VP4-33000001-EV011.016
EQ Version - 3.4

This info was from a Limited built on 9/18. It should have the update from the factory. My truck was built on 9/6 and had the update also.

This thread discusses the sound quality and update

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/so-i-called-fca-about-harman-kardon-system.2505/

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes it is unfortunately. Still not impressed but I can only compare it to my Jeep.
My 14 Grand Cherokee had the Alpine 9 speaker system and it sounded really good. I think the GC's cabin has better acoustic properties in general. Everyone that talks about their GC's audio says something similar.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What I've realized about the HK audio system in these Rams is that it's so good, it will reveal the inadequacies of the audio source. I've listened to SiriusXM for over a decade. In my new Ram with the HK, the audio quaility reveals just how bad the overcompressed audio signal has become. I find myself frequently streaming via Pandora with Android Auto. Sounds amazingly better with clean bass that isn't boomy. I really need to give the CD player a go next.

Users who are viewing this thread