5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Laramie Harmon Kardon System

grinch72

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2019 Laramie with the Harmon Kardon system. I was surprised to not see Harmon Kardon on any of the grills except the center speaker on the dash. From all the pics online it appears the dear grills also said Harmon Kardon. Does anyone here, who has the upgrade, let me know what their grills look like?

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2019 Laramie is the same, only on the center speaker. I guess, if you want it to say Harman Kardon, you have to opt for the $10,000 level 3 package!!!

grinch72

Reaction score
My 2019 Laramie is the same, only on the center speaker. I guess, if you want it to say Harman Kardon, you have to opt for the $10,000 level 3 package!!!
Kind of BS they have different ones on the limiteds considering the MSRP on my Laramie was $70k!!!

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kind of BS they have different ones on the limiteds considering the MSRP on my Laramie was $70k!!!
I know. I wanted a fully loaded Laramie but it cost more than a loaded Limited and was missing some features. I've had to learn to like the squinty headlights and waffle grill. I really like the front end on the Laramie.

grinch72

Reaction score
I know. I wanted a fully loaded Laramie but it cost more than a loaded Limited and was missing some features. I've had to learn to like the squinty headlights and waffle grill. I really like the front end on the Laramie.
Curious what features were missing? I hated the look of the limited front end, hence the loaded Laramie. I don’t think the limiteds have anything I don’t but maybe I am wrong.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just because you paid more for a lower trim level, does not mean that you will have the same stuff as the the higher trim level. There are intentional differences between the trims though they may have similar equipment.

grinch72

Reaction score
Just because you paid more for a lower trim level, does not mean that you will have the same stuff as the the higher trim level. There are intentional differences between the trims though they may have similar equipment.
I get that. I know there are differences from an interior point of view but option wise you should’ve been able to get all of the same things.

grinch72

Reaction score
The headlights are also totally different but i wasn’t a fan which led me to the Laramie.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Heated and cooled rear seats come to mind. Also LED headlights that aim when the truck turns.

It made no sense that the Limited was less. I guess the trim package has advantages. My buddy got truck envy when he rode in mine. He traded his Silverado for a Leramie with most of the options...same color as mine. I really like his truck.

grinch72

Reaction score
Heated and cooled rear seats come to mind. Also LED headlights that aim when the truck turns.

It made no sense that the Limited was less. I guess the trim package has advantages. My buddy got truck envy when he rode in mine. He traded his Silverado for a Leramie with most of the options...same color as mine. I really like his truck.
I have heated and cooled seats in the rear. The directional headlights I’m aware of. As far as I know that’s it but I could be wrong.

grinch72

Reaction score
The other thing I noticed was the Laramie had a bigger differential between MSRP and invoice. I purchased under invoice. With incentives it was $56k plus tax, etc on a MSRP of $69,870

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only reason I didn’t get the limited. I couldn’t get a black appearance package on the limited as well. It I do prefer the headlight of my Laramie and grill than the limited. Plus I don’t like the cowboy stitching on the leather on the limited. So I just got me the Laramie with all the upgrades.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I never thought of the stitching in the Limited as being "cowboy". The Longhorn on the other hand...
Yeah man, that stitching on the door on the limited looks cowboyish to me. Just wasn’t doing it for me.

Attachments

• 8399233E-EA3D-4064-97C0-6B516F62150C.jpeg
    8399233E-EA3D-4064-97C0-6B516F62150C.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 77

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it looks more like the art I see in pinstriping, like;
100_0765.jpg

-or-
6cac4110f90850795826a8db6085fef6.jpg

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whatever i
I think it looks more like the art I see in pinstriping, like;
100_0765.jpg

-or-
6cac4110f90850795826a8db6085fef6.jpg
Whatever it looks like, I don’t like it. That just goes for me though. I don’t like the suede in the Laramie black appearance package seats but I can live with that. Would prefer all leather.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't like the saddle upholstery/western instrument bezel treatment in the Longhorn, but it's nice to have options.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
what do you guys think about the hk system, I think its ok, not horrible but doesn't blow me away, also whats up with the surround sound mode? I like it better off

grinch72

Reaction score
what do you guys think about the hk system, I think its ok, not horrible but doesn't blow me away, also whats up with the surround sound mode? I like it better off
The HK in my 2018 Grand Cherokee blows this one away. It's ok but like you said nothing overwhelming!

Users who are viewing this thread