5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Laramie - Buyer's Remorse

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve got nothing lol except find me a vehicle with no concerns and I’ll show you a vehicle that has not been built. OP if you want a Ford, buy a Ford but nothing that what we say on a forum is going to ease your mind. The best that I can tell you is good luck with whatever you end up with. :)

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So heres what i can tell you. I owned a 1996 Ram 1500 sport with a 5.9 for 21 years and over 200k miles. The truck never failed me. The engine never failed even when I gave it away to my son in law after all those years. As for the 5.7 Hemi, I had a 2009 Challenger I bought new in Dec of 2008 and put 104k miles on it without ever having a single engine issue. Reliability comes down to the quality level of the various systems. Since you do drive a lot I believe the quality of the ride will be what ultimately makes you a true convert. Things have evolved in the Ram line over the years to a point where this truck I believe is the best version its ever been. I have about 2500 miles on my current 2019 Ram Laramie and have had zero issues with anything. I have confidence that this truck will be a winner in every way and not disappoint me.
I think you will be very pleased with the new Ram.

XDBrad

Reaction score
I’m one of those who said “I’ll never own a POS Dodge product, NEVER!” Here I am 8 months and 9k into ownership any my only regret...? Having to eat crow after saying never, I don’t regret it one bit. I’ve owned Chevy, Ford, GMC, and now a Ram. Every one of them had their quirks, hated the Chevy, liked the Ford, loved the GMC, and if my Ram was totaled today I’d go buy another one tomorrow without a second thought.

Like many has said, forums are like Facebook - take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt, a lot of good info and drama in both.

CCryder500

Reaction score
12,000 miles and no issues at all. getting about 17-18 mpg combined with normal driving. This is my first FCA product and I was a bit hesitant as well, but this thing is smooth as silk and I love it. I had a transmission failure in a Ford with 34k on it. The Ford dealer wouldn't give me a loaner while it was in the shop until I complained to the district manager, so I won't be driving another Ford anytime soon.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1,600 miles and no issues. I love this truck. I had ‘98 Ram and it was trouble free. This new Longhorn is so much nicer than the ‘98. Trucks have come a long way.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Go for it! I have had all the brands and this truck is amazing! Have had it since July and just turned over 12,000 trouble free miles. My truck info/details in my signature. Good luck!

Rustydodge

Reaction score
To the OP. Welcome.

If you were getting 21.9 combined hand calculated I"m going to assume you have the 2.7 EB. That is about 20% increase over the average 2.7 EB per Fuelly.com. Using that info as a guide you could guestimate that you'll get 20% increase over the 5.7 ram on Fuelly, which would be about 18 MPG.

Assuming you optioned 3.21 gears for best highway MPG and etorque for a little bump in city MPG i think that is possible based on your usage. 20+ hwy trips are possible, but lifetime combined average i wouldn't expect much over 18 MPG and at the start expect less until you get to a few thousand miles.

Congrats on the new truck.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello, brand new to this forum... Today, I placed an order with my dealer for a 2019 Laramie 4x4 (build sheet attached). Upon congratulating me for my order, the dealer knew I was a bit hesitant on buying a Ram and he referred me to this site. Long story short, I've owned Ford trucks all my life with one exception.....that was a 2014 Ram 2500 Diesel and had nothing but problems with it. Owned that truck less than a year and went back to Ford....I'm not really brand loyal to Ford but I have never had an issue with my Ford trucks....I buy what works. I drive 25,000+ miles a year and decided to look at Ram again for the cabin comfort and additional interior space.....the 2019 Ram is a beautiful vehicle! I do find the F-150 a bit fatiguing to drive long distances. However, looking through this forum I see issues posted about the eTorque system, low MPG, 12" nav screens flickering, transmission problems, etc. Reading these issues, and a poor history with my last Ram truck, I'm starting to regret my decision today and thinking of canceling my order. MPG is probably my number one concern with the amount of miles I drive. The F-150 I currently own gets 21.9 MPG combined (hand calc, V6 ecoboost) and seeing Hemi's with 12-14MPG makes me cringe. The dealer sold me on the eTorque system to get better MPG. I pulled the trigger on this Ram truck primarily because I contracted the order for $13,340 off the MSRP ($8,090 in dealer incentives + $5,250 in rebates). The dealer also offered to "protect" me if the rebates went down between now and the time it was delivered so the price is locked in. An equivalent 2019 F-150 was $4,500 more, my neighbor, a loyal Ram owner said I was nuts if I didn't take this deal. I guess I'm looking for some reassurance here :) I know every manufacturer has "lemons" but I was surprised to see the number of posts with "issues" on the 2019 Ram given the glowing media reviews. Please tell me these problems are the exception and not the norm. Appreciate any comments on the build or advice overall....have 48 hours to cancel the order if I want, thinking long and hard about this. Probably won't sleep a wink tonight :) . Thanks again!

I can say that I have driven and owned many types of pickups (Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Mazda, Nissan, Toyota) and I only have about 11,000 miles on my Ram so far. I am the happiest with this truck that I have been for overall fit/finish, smoothness of ride, predictibility on the road (Even crossing diagonal bumps in the road), comforatble quiet interior, and capability for a truck. I would definitely buy it again and the only thing I would possibly change is getting the longer bed length or a different color. I think after you own it for a week or so you will wonder how they put all this awesomeness in a single vehicle. Best roads ahead!

Rustydodge

Reaction score
I've owned quite a few more vehicles than my sig suggests, including motorcycles.

I can say confidently that my 2015 Ram is the first vehicle i've ever purchased that I have not experienced at least some buyers remorse. And i bought used with 100k miles. Absolutely love this truck. And the 5th gens are even better.

Gitter

Reaction score
597368 RAM trucks sold in 2018, 85191 RAM trucks sold through Feb 2019. Membership on this Forum, less than 10,000.

Heck, part of the 10k on this forum includes people like me who don't even have a RAM (yet). I'm still window shopping...

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have owned Fords ,Chevy and Rams. Had trouble with one Ram out 5 all bought new! FCA stepped right up to plate and hit it out of the park to make me happy! They treated me well enough I'm still driving a new Ram. This truck is absolutely awesome hands down of any truck I have owned! The last 4 Rams were the same. Worst trucks I ever owned was two Ford trucks,with Ford never wanting to step up to the plate and take care of any thing always wanting more more $$$ to make things right with plenty of stress to go with it. I will not be going back to Fords.MPG was never an item I was looking for in trucks,but like the added benefit of 18 MPG average right now with 1000 miles ran so far.:) Good luck to you!

SRRouse

Reaction score
I’m one of those who said “I’ll never own a POS Dodge product, NEVER!” Here I am 8 months and 9k into ownership any my only regret...? Having to eat crow after saying never, I don’t regret it one bit. I’ve owned Chevy, Ford, GMC, and now a Ram. Every one of them had their quirks, hated the Chevy, liked the Ford, loved the GMC, and if my Ram was totaled today I’d go buy another one tomorrow without a second thought.

Like many has said, forums are like Facebook - take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt, a lot of good info and drama in both.
I concur. When I was starting to drive, late 70’s early 80’s, Dodge trucks were the point of ridicule.
Since then I’ve owned a half dozen or so GM trucks and just traded in a 2015 Tundra for my beautiful RAM.
So far, I’m quite happy.

Creep0321

Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone for their quick replies, they were SUPER helpful. (Moosem) is probably right.....I'm overthinking this too much. I tend to do that when I spend $50,000 on anything....LOL. (Vic) also mentioned this is a good place for OCD people to post......I'll fit right in, that describes me perfectly when it comes to my truck. This is a great forum and I will keep the order I placed. Will be back on here in 4-6 weeks when the new truck comes in and post some pics. Thanks again!
Don’t disappear for the next 4-6 weeks. I’ve been on here daily almost since December, ordered my truck in January, and won’t even see it till April. With that said I’ve learned a lot on here, what to look for on delivery, options for minor upgrades etc...

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Darn and here I am reading that some people are waiting 6 weeks for their builds. Again OP take a really long test drive and really put it through it’s paces ..

Users who are viewing this thread