5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Laramie - Buyer's Remorse

5thgenram1989

Reaction score
You have to remember that the kind of people who post on boards like this are passionate about something, whether they LOVE their truck or HATE their truck. The guy who drives around all day and has a pleasant experience isn't motivated to come to a place like this. It's enthusiasts or dissatisfied people. Dissatisfied people probably post a lot too. Same with product reviews or restaurant reviews. If you went out to eat and everything was fine, you may not be as motivated to go to Yelp and review then the one who had a great experience...or a terrible one. Pulled the trigger on mine and other than some minor things, I love the truck. I would 100% buy again with a few modifications to the truck that I had to learn through usage honestly. If had to spend that many miles in the truck, Ram is the way to go without a doubt for quality of life comforts. Enjoy it!
What would you change?

UnLimited

Reaction score
I'm a second owner Ram 1500, 14 Eco crew and flawless.

'19 Limited - total opposite - issues happen I get that. My build date was on Saturday at 6 am. Maybe not enough coffee that early...and rushed overtime Saturday work....

I won't list my issues.. but they are more than just the infotainment system, I wish it was just that. On that note, I'm super tired of FCA saying an update is coming...

kjn86

Reaction score
What would you change?

Wouldn't have gotten the tow package. Would have gotten wheel well liners. That's it. I installed the liners myself aftermarket, but the tow package isn't a package, just mirrors and the trailer brake control. I failed to inform myself properly and it's my fault, but it was misleading. Either way, it's not a major issue.

bigdaddymac

Reaction score
Since 2002 I have owned nothing but Ford trucks (6 of them) until February when I bought my 2019 Laramie 4x4. I always had Lariats near fully equipped and never complained even though they were never the most luxurious on the market but they worked for me. I was about to pull the trigger on a 2018 F150 Platinum when I took the wife’s 2017 Jeep in for routine service and I sat in the all new Ram. The interior sold me immediately and then I drove it which sealed the deal. Here almost 2 months later, a 1000 mile road trip with the family and plenty of compliments later I do not regret my decision one bit. I have a dealer with an excellent service department which is a huge relief compared to the Ford dealers I have used in the past. Don’t cancel the order, it’s just a truck. Get it, drive it, and enjoy it until the next one you want to buy comes out.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wouldn't have gotten the tow package. Would have gotten wheel well liners. That's it. I installed the liners myself aftermarket, but the tow package isn't a package, just mirrors and the trailer brake control. I failed to inform myself properly and it's my fault, but it was misleading. Either way, it's not a major issue.
I believe its also the additional transmission cooling system which is vital if you want to have your tranny survive heavy tows

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Transmission coolers are the same with or with out the tow package. Tow package is mirrors and brake control I'm pretty sure but not 100% positive. There was a difference some years back if my memory serves me correctly.

kjn86

Reaction score
The Transmission coolers are the same with or with out the tow package. Tow package is mirrors and brake control I'm pretty sure but not 100% positive. There was a difference some years back if my memory serves me correctly.

You are correct. I somehow assumed the tow package was upgraded transmission, brakes, tow hitch, etc. plus tow mirrors. I was confused by it and failed to do the proper research. I had a Jeep prior and the tow package actually added those other things and made it much more capable with towing.

Where I really failed was to compare a tow package to a non-tow package and maybe I'd have seen the differences in the mirrors. When the salesman pointed out the mirrors don't fold in, I assumed this was the case with all Rebels and would only come on the Limited (like the Jeep Grand Cherokee). I didn't even think to check if it had heated mirrors as to me, at this price point, this would be like checking if it had air conditioning. When I realized how much more capable the stock mirrors gave on the same model, I really got angry. If all Rebels had no heat and no auto-folding I would have been fine. Even last model Rebels with the tow mirrors have heat. I just can't believe I had to spot check this. The window sticker and description made zero mention of this. Now I am agitated again...

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Happened to many people with the confusion it seems for 2019. I had 2011 and 2014 with heated manual tow mirrors and ordered that way with tow package when I ordered them. The current folding mirrors which I have now is near as good to see out of as the manual folds. I used to tow a 30 Ft. travel trailer I no longer tow or own but I still tow a box Trailer,pontoon boat and flat bed. Can see great with fold power folds. Not sure how it would be with the big camper but I expect I could see okay even with the camper. Not owned any jeeps since 1986 so that I have no knowledge of at all,but all the Rams I have owned since 2002 have same transmissions and cooling with or with out manual fold tow mirrors, but not sure before that it may have been different.:)

tpaktop

Reaction score
I was about to create nearly the same topic, some thing like "would you buy it again". I've also ordered my build but after seeing so many posts with fails and concerns I've lost my confidence that it was right choice.
Now I'm little bit more confident. Thanks for this thread. :)

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also started a new posting myself after seeing a few "hate" stories on here. This will be my 1st RAM truck EVER and should be delivered by August. As stated, one tends to only read all the negative because that is what gets attention and the most postings. When you see an "I love my truck", they tend not to get into great detail like the dislike posts do.

jb772

Reaction score
Traded my 18 RAM 2500 6.7 Diesel which was my "dream truck" for my new 19 1500 Limited - although I miss the diesel, I never needed it, I just bought it just to have. This limited rides so much better, it's so smooth, the navigation is awesome, the air condition seats in the hot Florida sun is amazing, so far I have nothing but great things to say about the truck other than my driver side rear fender liner is hacked up somehow but the dealer said they'd fix it if I brought it back in.

cotonymopar

Reaction score
I have not averaged less than 17.0 MPG with my hemi, new one.. I was getting the 13 MPG with my 12, but this one is a bit better. If you can keep your foot out of it.. but remember, that is a v6 vs a v8.. a v8 with MDS, multiple displacement system.. that is why you have to keep the foot out of it. I have owned a 97 Ram, 03 Ram (first Hemi) 12 Ram, and now 19 Ram.. all have been great trucks, with little to no problems.. I do all my own maint on them. 97 with 167000 miles, 03 with 203000 miles, 12 with 116000 miles.....

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm anxious to see the difference and wanted the eTorque because I knew MPG would be lower than my Durango R/T (I drive it pretty 'hard' but still get 15.5 combined or fill up every 2 weeks running 91). I gotta remember the truck is not the R/T and drive slower in the turns LOL

Users who are viewing this thread