5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Laramie Black Appearance Package

EdH

Reaction score
Well, its finally in. Some details about the truck first.
I ordered a Laramie Black Appearance on May 1st. It was built May 19th. I did not order Ram Box nor E-Torque but loaded it up pretty good.
Here is a copy of my order
View attachment 723
I live in Michigan and my uncle did speed up my delivery for me, so if anyone is comparing the build time to theirs, I am not a good example. I hope yours comes in soon, though.

Part of having this connection however has allowed me to receive what I have been told was the first ever built 2019 Laramie Black Edition. No one was screwed over in the process. Mine did take cuts, but no one lost more than a few minutes of build time. I hear they build over 600 a day.

Below is my purchase price after Employee Pricing and other rebates. I also added aftermarket 33x12.5 Fuel Assault Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I also added window tints, backseat headrest DVD players, and window vents. The dealer gave me 1000 buy back for the wheels I removed. (I highly recommend). I removed the 22's that come with Black package.
View attachment 731
Prices are shown on the receipt.
View attachment 724
I paid case on delivery 60,117.26. Without the additions, it would have been 58K.

And now for the truck.
View attachment 725
View attachment 726
View attachment 727
View attachment 728
View attachment 729
View attachment 730

Few parting words...
I didnt notice any hesitation when slowing down.
I did have a few glitches with the Uconnect when trying to set up but I am still working it out.
Android Auto (which I will never use) was really glitchy and I dont like it, never have.
The tires do NOT rub at all. But I havent hit a curb going faster than normal pace yet. (I will post wheel info on the other thread)
19 speaker HK Sound was great, no complaints by me. I came from a 2014 Sierra with no back speakers, although I had BOSE sound, this truck killed it instantly could tell a difference.

The 12 inch screen is absolutely worth every penny. Do not get cheap with that if you haven't ordered yet. Customize other things later, but that is a must.
I was prepared to purchase a F150 until I saw this truck at the auto show. Gave up on it, thinking it wouldnt be out till much later in the year. I needed to make a move now and the 12 inch screen sold me, and the other items on this truck just kill the competition.

This forum has become not just a resource, but a hobby and sport for me the past 3 months. Much thanks to Jared, Dsooby, DevilDodge, FireCadet, and even Alcombe (for the entertainment, LOL) and many others I have communicated with. Much thanks to the rest for your input while I stalked for a month before I joined and became a fan. Every piece of advice I read in here helped me for the first time ever custom build a truck/car EXACTLY how I like it. I couldnt have enjoyed this process more. Thanks everyone.

I think I will stick around for a while and see how you all are doing.
Good Luck!
BZ from Detroit.
Your truck is simply AWESOME!!! I purchased a 2019 Laramie Longhorn and they processed the order two days ago. This Laramie black edition is not listed on the website and none of the sales agents told me about it. I just called my sales rep and he said that it would be possible to cancel my order in to change. I really love the Longhorn saddle brown leather interior but found myself ordering a black exterior and working with an aftermarket shop to black out the emblems, front and rear bumpers, etc. There’s just so much chrome on the outside of this trim level that you either like chrome or you don’t and taking away too much of it leaves an end product with little chrome, such as around the windows, that looks out of place. I certainly do like the black leather seats inside which would be the only difference that I can see from the longhorn trim level. I even like your fuel rims and ridge grappler tires! If this works out I will purchase the black edition but I promise I will change just a few things to not copy you! LOL. Did you put the Mopar 2 inch leveling kit or even a lift kit on your ride?

EdH

Reaction score
I ordered a Laramie Black Appearance on May 1st. It was built May 19th. I did not order Ram Box nor E-Torque but loaded it up pretty good.
View attachment 723
I live in Michigan and my uncle did speed up my delivery for me, so if anyone is comparing the build time to theirs, I am not a good example. I hope yours comes in soon, though.

Part of having this connection however has allowed me to receive what I have been told was the first ever built 2019 Laramie Black Edition. No one was screwed over in the process. Mine did take cuts, but no one lost more than a few minutes of build time. I hear they build over 600 a day.

Below is my purchase price after Employee Pricing and other rebates. I also added aftermarket 33x12.5 Fuel Assault Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I also added window tints, backseat headrest DVD players, and window vents. The dealer gave me 1000 buy back for the wheels I removed. (I highly recommend). I removed the 22's that come with Black package.
View attachment 731
View attachment 724
I paid case on delivery 60,117.26. Without the additions, it would have been 58K.

And now for the truck.
View attachment 725
View attachment 726
View attachment 727
View attachment 728
View attachment 729
View attachment 730

Few parting words...
I did have a few glitches with the Uconnect when trying to set up but I am still working it out.
Android Auto (which I will never use) was really glitchy and I dont like it, never have.
The tires do NOT rub at all. But I havent hit a curb going faster than normal pace yet. (I will post wheel info on the other thread)
19 speaker HK Sound was great, no complaints by me. I came from a 2014 Sierra with no back speakers, although I had BOSE sound, this truck killed it instantly could tell a difference.

The 12 inch screen is absolutely worth every penny. Do not get cheap with that if you haven't ordered yet. Customize other things later, but that is a must.
I was prepared to purchase a F150 until I saw this truck at the auto show. Gave up on it, thinking it wouldnt be out till much later in the year. I needed to make a move now and the 12 inch screen sold me, and the other items on this truck just kill the competition.

This forum has become not just a resource, but a hobby and sport for me the past 3 months. Much thanks to Jared, Dsooby, DevilDodge, FireCadet, and even Alcombe (for the entertainment, LOL) and many others I have communicated with. Much thanks to the rest for your input while I stalked for a month before I joined and became a fan. Every piece of advice I read in here helped me for the first time ever custom build a truck/car EXACTLY how I like it. I couldnt have enjoyed this process more. Thanks everyone.

Good Luck!
BZ from Detroit.
BZ, My Ram Salesman told me that the Laramie Black Edition isn’t available. Do you or anyone reading this know that it is currently available? E9D43AC2-55A4-4136-A617-CF440AD398F4.jpeg

EdH

Reaction score
Just took delivery of my Laramie Black Edition on Saturday. Hope they are still available. Love mine so far!
Great! Could you share the dealership info? I might contact them directly.

rp781

Reaction score
Great! Could you share the dealership info? I might contact them directly.
I worked with Uptown CJDR in Slinger, WI. Matt Klenz was my salesman. I did order back in early June....can't imagine why they would eliminate or pause the Black Appearance Package? Other than the badging it doesn't use any other unique parts.....

BZ23

Reaction score
BZ, My Ram Salesman told me that the Laramie Black Edition isn’t available. Do you or anyone reading this know that it is currently available? View attachment 1943
Hey @EdH , I appreciate the kind words. I love the truck. It was kind of a special order, my uncle was able to push it through about 2 months ago. Not sure why it wasnt available to you, but I doubt it is legit. Seems another guy above got one. I did not put a leveling kit nor a lift. I am debating it, but my mpg are already low so I may not. Thanks again

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
Sucks that your milage is not so good, I want to do a lift 2” mopar and those tires ugg! You truck is dope for sure.

AGLAT

Reaction score
Are those the 20x10 Fuel assault wheels (ET -18mm) or are they the 20x9 ?

If 20x9, are they the ET +1mm version ?

They fill out to the fenders very nicely, so I’m interested in the wheel width and offset

Thx

Last edited:

BZ23

Reaction score
Are those the 20x10 Fuel assault wheels (ET -18mm) or are they the 20x9 ?

If 20x9, are they the ET +1mm version ?

They fill out to the fenders very nicely, so I’m interested in the wheel width and offset

Thx
Thanks, they are 20x9 +1.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Beautiful truck, I almost went that route . I'm surprised at the lck of love for the factory wheels? IMO they were keepers.

BZ23

Reaction score
Beautiful truck, I almost went that route . I'm surprised at the lck of love for the factory wheels? IMO they were keepers.
Thanks. I liked the factory wheel on the Big Horn, but not the 22s on the Laramie. I had 22s on my last truck and they were too soft. In Michigan, we have Potholes more than pavement. I also wanted the rugged look. Since I had to swap the 22s regardless, I went with a custom look.

Hunts99

Reaction score
BZ, My Ram Salesman told me that the Laramie Black Edition isn’t available. Do you or anyone reading this know that it is currently available? View attachment 1943

Ordered my Laramie with the Black package last weekend. My salesman was unable to order with the Black package (and was grayed out as well), but the Sales Manager was able to without any issue. I think it may have had to do with permissions in the ordering tool (e.g. regular sales staff cannot order, but Sales Managers have elevated permissions to be able to order).

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
View attachment 723

View attachment 731
View attachment 724

And now for the truck.
View attachment 725
View attachment 726
View attachment 727
View attachment 728
View attachment 729
View attachment 730

Few parting words...

Good Luck!
BZ from Detroit.
Wow. Nice. Looks pretty BA.

Cheers,

BZ23

Reaction score
Ordered my Laramie with the Black package last weekend. My salesman was unable to order with the Black package (and was grayed out as well), but the Sales Manager was able to without any issue. I think it may have had to do with permissions in the ordering tool (e.g. regular sales staff cannot order, but Sales Managers have elevated permissions to be able to order).
Not sure why. I've seen a few on the road here in Detroit

ErikB

Reaction score
View attachment 723

View attachment 731
View attachment 724

And now for the truck.
View attachment 725
View attachment 726
View attachment 727
View attachment 728
View attachment 729
View attachment 730

Few parting words...

Good Luck!
BZ from Detroit.
Thats sharp

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 723

View attachment 731
View attachment 724

And now for the truck.
View attachment 725
View attachment 726
View attachment 727
View attachment 728
View attachment 729
View attachment 730

Few parting words...

Good Luck!
BZ from Detroit.
Truck looks awesome. The wheels and tires really go well with the black

Pritz73

Reaction score
Does anyone with more knowledge of the Ram brand than me think that maybe the Laramie Black package may become available in other color ways in the near future? I know you can get the Bighorn with a black appearance package but I really want many of the options available on the Laramie trim and above such as leather, reclining rear etc.. I just can’t do another black vehicle. I’m stuck between a Laramie or the Rebel although I love the color matched standard grill a little more than the Rebel grill.

Hunts99

Reaction score
From what I have gathered from this forum:
- if you are in Canada, I believe you can get close to the black package with other colors
- The Laramie Sport package will also get you close if in the US (will not have the 22" tires, blacked out tail lights, and I am not sure about the darker headliner vs. the tan-ish one)

Maybe someone else more in the know can chime in here, but you can get close

Pritz73

Reaction score
From what I have gathered from this forum:
- if you are in Canada, I believe you can get close to the black package with other colors
- The Laramie Sport package will also get you close if in the US (will not have the 22" tires, blacked out tail lights, and I am not sure about the darker headliner vs. the tan-ish one)

Maybe someone else more in the know can chime in here, but you can get close
Yeah I’m in the US. I don’t care about the 22 inch wheels as they will be replaced, mostly the black headliner, black bezel headlights and the blacked out taillights. Rebel has those things but some days I like the Rebel grill and other days I don’t whereas the color matched regular grill I always like.

Users who are viewing this thread