5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Laramie Black Appearance Package

BZ23

Reaction score
Well, its finally in. Some details about the truck first.
I ordered a Laramie Black Appearance on May 1st. It was built May 19th. I did not order Ram Box nor E-Torque but loaded it up pretty good.
Here is a copy of my order
1528169929127.png
I live in Michigan and my uncle did speed up my delivery for me, so if anyone is comparing the build time to theirs, I am not a good example. I hope yours comes in soon, though.

Part of having this connection however has allowed me to receive what I have been told was the first ever built 2019 Laramie Black Edition. No one was screwed over in the process. Mine did take cuts, but no one lost more than a few minutes of build time. I hear they build over 600 a day.

Below is my purchase price after Employee Pricing and other rebates. I also added aftermarket 33x12.5 Fuel Assault Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I also added window tints, backseat headrest DVD players, and window vents. The dealer gave me 1000 buy back for the wheels I removed. (I highly recommend). I removed the 22's that come with Black package.
1528171456405.png
Prices are shown on the receipt.
1528170247580.png
I paid case on delivery 60,117.26. Without the additions, it would have been 58K.

And now for the truck.
1528170690639.png
1528170712410.png
1528170737208.png
1528170786605.png
1528170833671.png
1528170880313.png

Few parting words...
I didnt notice any hesitation when slowing down.
I did have a few glitches with the Uconnect when trying to set up but I am still working it out.
Android Auto (which I will never use) was really glitchy and I dont like it, never have.
The tires do NOT rub at all. But I havent hit a curb going faster than normal pace yet. (I will post wheel info on the other thread)
19 speaker HK Sound was great, no complaints by me. I came from a 2014 Sierra with no back speakers, although I had BOSE sound, this truck killed it instantly could tell a difference.

The 12 inch screen is absolutely worth every penny. Do not get cheap with that if you haven't ordered yet. Customize other things later, but that is a must.
I was prepared to purchase a F150 until I saw this truck at the auto show. Gave up on it, thinking it wouldnt be out till much later in the year. I needed to make a move now and the 12 inch screen sold me, and the other items on this truck just kill the competition.

This forum has become not just a resource, but a hobby and sport for me the past 3 months. Much thanks to Jared, Dsooby, DevilDodge, FireCadet, and even Alcombe (for the entertainment, LOL) and many others I have communicated with. Much thanks to the rest for your input while I stalked for a month before I joined and became a fan. Every piece of advice I read in here helped me for the first time ever custom build a truck/car EXACTLY how I like it. I couldnt have enjoyed this process more. Thanks everyone.

I think I will stick around for a while and see how you all are doing.
Good Luck!
BZ from Detroit.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck, it's definitely a beauty! I also appreciate the kind words and am glad that the website helped you in the way I intended it to help people out from the beginning. (y) I wish you many happy miles in that truck and make sure you stick around and keep us updated.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't stop looking at this thing, it's beautiful. And just when I finally decided today what I'm going to do, I see just how damn good the Laramie Black looks with aftermarket wheels. I think I have a new computer background for the next bit.

BZ23

Reaction score
I can't stop looking at this thing, it's beautiful. And just when I finally decided today what I'm going to do, I see just how damn good the Laramie Black looks with aftermarket wheels. I think I have a new computer background for the next bit.
Thanks Buddy, I would be honored if you used it as a background. I have plenty more I can share. I just tried to narrow it a bit.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would you mind posting some photos of the Tonneau cover?

RAM 4times

Reaction score
congrats on a great looking truck! ours are coming in, i can see them around the curve now!!

BZ23

Reaction score
I sure will, not problem. I will do it tonight.
Al, I am sorry it was a late night for me. i will get you details and photos on the tonneau tomorrow.
I will say my prior truxedo velcro was much tighter and secure with more bed rail availability. I am not thrilled, but do like the ease of removal compared to the truxedo.
Stay tuned,
B

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Al, I am sorry it was a late night for me. i will get you details and photos on the tonneau tomorrow.
I will say my prior truxedo velcro was much tighter and secure with more bed rail availability. I am not thrilled, but do like the ease of removal compared to the truxedo.
Stay tuned,
B

thanks!!

rp781

Reaction score
Truck looks awesome. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on ordering a Black Appearance Package but I'm not a huge fan of the factory rims. In addition I'm alittle concerned about losing some ride quality in going to 22's. 85% of my miles are highway. Anyone have any experience on how the 22's ride? Or any after market rim suggestions?

BZ23

Reaction score
Truck looks awesome. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on ordering a Black Appearance Package but I'm not a huge fan of the factory rims. In addition I'm alittle concerned about losing some ride quality in going to 22's. 85% of my miles are highway. Anyone have any experience on how the 22's ride? Or any after market rim suggestions?
I had 22s on my last truck and had no complaints. I went down to 20s for a bigger tire because that was what my preference was this time around cosmetically. If you get the Laramie black edition package it comes standard with 22s but the tires are all season and look puny.

BZ23

Reaction score
See below. This is standard 22 on black laramie. It's different though for a big horn black edition.

Attachments

• 20180529_152419.jpg
    20180529_152419.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 210

rp781

Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question but what size rims are the ones you bought? They look awesome but I can't go with such an aggressive tire for all my driving. My ideal scenario would be to sell back the standard rims/ tires and do some aftermarket 20". However, I've never bought aftermarket rims before and have no clue where to start looking..also do most dealers have a resource to procure and add to loan?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice truck! That thing looks badass looking especially with those rims and tires.

Users who are viewing this thread