5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Laramie Black Appearance Package

Jingtao

Reaction score
So 33x12.5x20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers LT can go with stock black appearance package. Do you know if it can go with off-road package with air suspension? my stock tire is LT275 /65R18C OWL On / Off–Road Tires

SouthBendSooner

Reaction score
Well, its finally in. Some details about the truck first.
I ordered a Laramie Black Appearance on May 1st. It was built May 19th. I did not order Ram Box nor E-Torque but loaded it up pretty good.
Here is a copy of my order
View attachment 723
I live in Michigan and my uncle did speed up my delivery for me, so if anyone is comparing the build time to theirs, I am not a good example. I hope yours comes in soon, though.

Part of having this connection however has allowed me to receive what I have been told was the first ever built 2019 Laramie Black Edition. No one was screwed over in the process. Mine did take cuts, but no one lost more than a few minutes of build time. I hear they build over 600 a day.

Below is my purchase price after Employee Pricing and other rebates. I also added aftermarket 33x12.5 Fuel Assault Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I also added window tints, backseat headrest DVD players, and window vents. The dealer gave me 1000 buy back for the wheels I removed. (I highly recommend). I removed the 22's that come with Black package.
View attachment 731
Prices are shown on the receipt.
View attachment 724
I paid case on delivery 60,117.26. Without the additions, it would have been 58K.

And now for the truck.
View attachment 725
View attachment 726
View attachment 727
View attachment 728
View attachment 729
View attachment 730

Few parting words...
I didnt notice any hesitation when slowing down.
I did have a few glitches with the Uconnect when trying to set up but I am still working it out.
Android Auto (which I will never use) was really glitchy and I dont like it, never have.
The tires do NOT rub at all. But I havent hit a curb going faster than normal pace yet. (I will post wheel info on the other thread)
19 speaker HK Sound was great, no complaints by me. I came from a 2014 Sierra with no back speakers, although I had BOSE sound, this truck killed it instantly could tell a difference.

The 12 inch screen is absolutely worth every penny. Do not get cheap with that if you haven't ordered yet. Customize other things later, but that is a must.
I was prepared to purchase a F150 until I saw this truck at the auto show. Gave up on it, thinking it wouldnt be out till much later in the year. I needed to make a move now and the 12 inch screen sold me, and the other items on this truck just kill the competition.

This forum has become not just a resource, but a hobby and sport for me the past 3 months. Much thanks to Jared, Dsooby, DevilDodge, FireCadet, and even Alcombe (for the entertainment, LOL) and many others I have communicated with. Much thanks to the rest for your input while I stalked for a month before I joined and became a fan. Every piece of advice I read in here helped me for the first time ever custom build a truck/car EXACTLY how I like it. I couldnt have enjoyed this process more. Thanks everyone.

I think I will stick around for a while and see how you all are doing.
Good Luck!
BZ from Detroit.

I love the wheels! Are those the matte black or glossy Fuel Assault Wheels?

BZ23

Reaction score
I wanted matte, but they came wrong, glossy. However, I was anxious, still like them, and have no regrets. Thanks

BZ23

Reaction score
So 33x12.5x20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers LT can go with stock black appearance package. Do you know if it can go with off-road package with air suspension? my stock tire is LT275 /65R18C OWL On / Off–Road Tires
no clue, but I suppose it could with off road package. the air suspension concerned me, so i did not get it. I live in Michigan and the cold weather concerned me with air, and I preferred the wheels over the air suspension.

SouthBendSooner

Reaction score
I wanted matte, but they came wrong, glossy. However, I was anxious, still like them, and have no regrets. Thanks

Your truck is gorgeous! Literally the best looking 2019 ram that I’ve seen. I’m about to pull the trigger on a black appearance package and I’m using yours as my template (hope you don’t mind). Have you had any trouble with the tires rubbing or any issues with that wheel/tire combo? I’m almost certainly going to get the air suspension. Do you see any issues with your wheel/tire setup and air suspension? And lastly, I don’t see anywhere that you said you had a lift on your truck so am I right to assume that it is stock and without a lift? Thanks!

BZ23

Reaction score
Your truck is gorgeous! Literally the best looking 2019 ram that I’ve seen. I’m about to pull the trigger on a black appearance package and I’m using yours as my template (hope you don’t mind). Have you had any trouble with the tires rubbing or any issues with that wheel/tire combo? I’m almost certainly going to get the air suspension. Do you see any issues with your wheel/tire setup and air suspension? And lastly, I don’t see anywhere that you said you had a lift on your truck so am I right to assume that it is stock and without a lift? Thanks!
Thanks Sooner! I love it still and appreciate the words and hope you do the same thing. You know what they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Have at it. I have never rubbed once. I do not have a lift, and even through tons of snow in Michigan, and many potholes and dirt roads, I have never rubbed. I dont know enough about the air suspension but there are some very smart guys on this forum that may be able to help you.

Users who are viewing this thread