5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 had to be towed

Millenium

Reaction score
I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. My 2019 Ram 1500 Limited with Etorque had to be towed to the dealership because as soon as I started it, my check engine light came on and the truck started shaking and would hardly move when giving it gas. The dealership said they had changed out the computer and gave it back to me. Three weeks later it did the exact same thing and had to be towed again. Now there telling me it has bad gas and they want to charge me $1147.00 to fix it. I had put gas in the truck 3 days before it had to be towed again. How can I drive 260 miles on bad gas? Both times this happened, it acted up the instant I started the truck that morning. I didn’t have to drive it anywhere before the engine failed. I told the dealership it was doing the exact same thing it did the last time this happened. I told him that this makes no sense at all. I was thinking about it and realized that the first time this happened, it had poured down raining all night and the next morning it wouldn’t idle correctly and my check engine light would come on. Now three weeks later after the first incident the same thing happened. This time it poured down all night again and just like the first time my truck acted the exact same way. Has anyone have these issues after a very heavy rainfall? Thank you for your help!

dallas

Reaction score
Ask them what the $1147 fix entails. Bad gas is usually a drain the tank / refill situation. If they say they are going to replace the computer- no way would bad gas cause that. If there's water getting into the gas tank I'd still be inclined to think something wasn't properly assembled at the factory.

It sounds like the dealer didn't get paid enough in warranty from the first fix so they want to double dip and charge Ram and you for the second fix. Good luck and keep us posted.

Rick3019

Reaction score
I seen in another post that if you have a third brake light leaking or a rear cracked window frame leaking the water runs down behind the rear seats where there is some kind of computer

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. My 2019 Ram 1500 Limited with Etorque had to be towed to the dealership because as soon as I started it, my check engine light came on and the truck started shaking and would hardly move when giving it gas. The dealership said they had changed out the computer and gave it back to me. Three weeks later it did the exact same thing and had to be towed again. Now there telling me it has bad gas and they want to charge me $1147.00 to fix it. I had put gas in the truck 3 days before it had to be towed again. How can I drive 260 miles on bad gas? Both times this happened, it acted up the instant I started the truck that morning. I didn’t have to drive it anywhere before the engine failed. I told the dealership it was doing the exact same thing it did the last time this happened. I told him that this makes no sense at all. I was thinking about it and realized that the first time this happened, it had poured down raining all night and the next morning it wouldn’t idle correctly and my check engine light would come on. Now three weeks later after the first incident the same thing happened. This time it poured down all night again and just like the first time my truck acted the exact same way. Has anyone have these issues after a very heavy rainfall? Thank you for your help!

Hi Millenium,

I regret to hear of the frustration that has been associated with your ownership experience. Please know that I would be more than happy to learn more about your situation via private message to determine how to best assist you at this point. Please follow up with me there when you can!

Mark
RamCares

Millenium

Reaction score
You are correct. I believe the first issue was water in the gas as well but they never checked the fuel. The first time they had the truck for two weeks and couldn’t figure out the issue. The second time Ram Care paid them the $1200.00 for 16 plugs, fuel injection cleaning and removing the gas tank. When I picked up the truck, I got a invoice saying they only cleaned the gas tank. I am not sure what excuse they are going to be the third time.

Millenium

Reaction score
They are full of Sh$$$$$t
Guess what. It poured down rain last night and this morning it will not even run at all. I guess I put bad gas in my truck again for the third time in just over a month. I am hoping they will believe me now when I tell them that this happens every time it pours down. They told me they did some kind of smoke test the last time this happened and that there is no way for water to get into my gas tank. My check engine light has been coming on and off for over 4 months Now. They can not seem to fix the issue. I called today and my service rep said he has no idea how to fix the issue. They replaced a computer the first time. They blamed it on me and changed $1157.00 for having to remove water out of the gas tank and now they say they have no idea how to fix the issue. I really do love my dealer and have always been treated fantastic. Sometimes there are issue that just can’t be fixed. I just can’t afford to keep breaking down because it cost me a fortune every time this happens. I lost a major client the last time because he drove 5 hours to meet me and I couldn’t make it to his vacation home to walk his job. I understand completely why he would go with another company. He has to drive 10 hours round trip. Again I will be emptying my Ram boxes to my wife’s car and will have to drive 98 miles round trip to the dealership to get another loaner car for the third time. It stinks going from a Ram Limited with every single option to a loaner that has zero options in it. I guess it could be worse. This time I lost another high dollar client. Again I know this is not the dealerships fault.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Once they figure it out demand your $1157 back.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread