5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 GMC Sierra

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Even for a daily driven commuter... a fillup every 1 week versus 1.5 weeks.

I don't know anybody who enjoys filling up more than they have to.

This is yet one more bean-counted insult slapped across the face of GM customers.

Ramlax

Reaction score
I happen to think it’s a beautiful truck, on the outside atlesst. Always have been a GM guy. But wouldn’t trade my ram for anything

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
If I am completely honest... the Sierra/Silverado would be in my driveway a millions times more likely than a Honda Ridgeline.

Smoot178

Reaction score
It doesn't even have real exhaust tips on the denali. Pass.

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
How do you guys think they get an advantage on payload?

By making things lighter. A 24 gallon tank only saves a couple pounds of plastic at most, but it also drops 16lbs of fuel off compared to a 26 gallon tank. Cut 5 corners like that and you have almost 100lbs extra payload.

Sooooooooo happy a 33 gallon tank was available for the RAM. Towing with my wife's Pilot, there were times we had to stop for gas before we needed to stop to pee, the 26 gallon tank wouldn't have been a whole lot better. With the 33 gallon there's plenty so that if there's a problem and gas isn't available at a stop we could still go a good ways again before we had to worry about running out. I'd trade the tank size for the payload any day except the one where I'm over payload, which may never happen.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Saw a 2019 GMC at our local dealership today. Struck me how "upright" the nose felt. That and the angular wheel wells give it a "chunky" feel that is a little in your face. Makes the Ram look very sleek by comparison

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually kinda like how the GM trucks have looked on the exterior. I personally think the current GM looks better than this one, square wheel wells notwithstanding, but it's not half bad. Interior, on the other hand, is a major...well, I was going to say major swing and a miss, but it looks like they didn't swing, just just a major miss?

Looks better than the Chevy, though.

Actually, the only 2018 model year truck on the market I don't like the exterior looks of at all is the Titan. I like some of them more than others, but the Titan is just fugly to me.

Edit: The parking garage where I park to commute in to work has quite a few trucks in it. In the span of about ~10 cars on the level I park on, there's a late model F-150, a late model F-250, a late model Tundra, and a late model Sierra and Silverado right next to each other. Makes it easy to compare the exteriors!
I think the Titan looks like Nissan bought the old engineering designs from Ford. I looked at the Titan but couldn't get over how ugly it was.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The new GMC's look like a Toyota Tundra

View attachment 13562
They both have the 2004 Ford oversized grill look that everyone tried to copy where the grill is taller then the headlights. That only worked on Dodge/Ram with the drop down fenders, never looked good on other brands with a more square front end and that's probably why Ford and now Chevy have gone back to a more normal size grill.

Users who are viewing this thread