5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 GMC Sierra

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks better in person than in pictures. I spent a good half hour or more playing leapfrog with this one on I69 in Michigan this afternoon.

Front end is big. Looked like an LED third brake light. The dual exhaust is very subtle and blends right in.

7fDAVGQ.jpg

zyEE5Hv.jpg

Pk0pPyB.jpg

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Geehhhh, I've hated that truck since the auto show...I wanted to hate it today but that doesn't look THAT bad IMO

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I actually kinda like how the GM trucks have looked on the exterior. I personally think the current GM looks better than this one, square wheel wells notwithstanding, but it's not half bad. Interior, on the other hand, is a major...well, I was going to say major swing and a miss, but it looks like they didn't swing, just just a major miss?

Looks better than the Chevy, though.

Actually, the only 2018 model year truck on the market I don't like the exterior looks of at all is the Titan. I like some of them more than others, but the Titan is just fugly to me.

Edit: The parking garage where I park to commute in to work has quite a few trucks in it. In the span of about ~10 cars on the level I park on, there's a late model F-150, a late model F-250, a late model Tundra, and a late model Sierra and Silverado right next to each other. Makes it easy to compare the exteriors!

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
I prefer the old(current) style over the 19's.

Was actually looking at 17/18 Sierras/Silverados until I realized how far back the interiors were for this day and age.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not liking them even a little bit. I feel Ram will be over taking Gm in Truck sales within the next 2 years. They went backwards in the interior. If you find the 19 interior pics of the Chevy/GMC you will see. The Ram went way ahead of Ford and GM interior wise.

SCbarber

Reaction score
The AT4 is a sharp truck in person IMO, drove one today, but that interior is what is delaying my decision (although simple is sometimes nice, it didn't justify the price). Msrp was 64k so quite a bit more than the ram (bigger discount on the ram). When sitting in a ram, I felt like I was in a Lexus (almost..lol), but what is under the hood is what matter most to me. I like that the GMC had the 6.2 but like the Ram for other reasons, I need a truck, and reading all the issues with the '19 rams, I just do not know what to buy.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The AT4 is a sharp truck in person IMO, drove one today, but that interior is what is delaying my decision (although simple is sometimes nice, it didn't justify the price). Msrp was 64k so quite a bit more than the ram (bigger discount on the ram). When sitting in a ram, I felt like I was in a Lexus (almost..lol), but what is under the hood is what matter most to me. I like that the GMC had the 6.2 but like the Ram for other reasons, I need a truck, and reading all the issues with the '19 rams, I just do not know what to buy.

My 2019 has been flawless....something about this truck just doesn't look good to me...even in Red.

ZYDZyS4.jpg

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
I had an AT4 ordered. What I couldn't get past was the interior, does not have rain sensing wipers, and no adaptive cruise control, and 1,800 pound difference in towing unless you got the max tow package but then you couldn't get the technology package which included the heads up display and also forced to get the tow mirrors which eliminated the 360 degree surround camera. Also, no option for a larger fuel tank than 24 gallons in any trim level or option.Ultimately chose my Longhorn. The tail gate and heads up display were pretty cool though.

Last edited:

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I know it’s been said many times but you’re going to find issues with any vehicle, especially on a forum focused on said vehicle. You don’t have to spend a lot of time on an F-150 forum to see what I mean. I’m sure Chevy/GMC forums are the same. Food for thought in regards to the problems your hearing.

My 19’ has been flawless as well and I love it.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw a 19 Denali today. It’s looks nice on the outside. I don’t think it’s as nice as the ram but the interior is no where near the ram. No other truck around is. My ram had a couple minor issues and they are fixed. Since then I’ve been driving it and not another problem.

Should of would of could of. But what you want and enjoy it when you do. If you have a problem stop acting like it’s the end of the world because every maker has issues.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
I looked at GM, simply for the Trailboss. LT or LTZ. I would have. Like 56 or something outfitted how I would like. I would have accepted the interior. The week prior to me buying there were a few available around me. The next week, none available.

Just looked sharp, had leather, full console... so I looked at LT and LTZ. 57 to 62. Budged little on price. I didnt tey very hard tho, with them. I said, whats your best. They gave me some dopey number. Wasnt gonna play their game. Went straight to ram. I knew I liked their interior better anyway, plus I love my jeep.

Go to ram. Whats the best you can do. Immediately it was like 10 grand off msrp.

I dont regret it. Its a smooth truck. Only later did I learn about their weak protected waxed frame. Plus the Toys R Us looking interior. So glad I got the Ram. Theres gonna be issues. I will enjoy this, and if i want to in 3 years, i will just get a new Ram with "kinks" worked out by then.

Duane

Reaction score
I saw a 19 Denali today. It’s looks nice on the outside. I don’t think it’s as nice as the ram but the interior is no where near the ram. No other truck around is. My ram had a couple minor issues and they are fixed. Since then I’ve been driving it and not another problem.

Should of would of could of. But what you want and enjoy it when you do. If you have a problem stop acting like it’s the end of the world because every maker has issues.

The more you drive, the more you’ll prefer the RAM. I drive as much as 500+ miles some days; the ride on my Limited is creamy smooth & super-stable. The leather everywhere & superior elelectronics are a constant pleasure, and the HEMI has satisfying power. Have 10,000 miles on the Ltd., and just bought a Longhorn for the Mrs.
I appreciate the 6.2 in the new GMs, but the leaf springs/bouncy ride in the Ford & GMs (and sub-par/dated-looking interiors) are non-starters. The RamBox is addictive, and I now find the Adaptive Cruise to be indispensable.
The new RAM has s clean & bold look to it as well, IMHO.

r

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can't be serious? That is truly a deal breaker.

Yes... that's my understanding. The GMC guys on their forum are NOT happy about it.

One configuration may get a bigger tank... regular cab with 8 ft bed.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
You can't be serious? That is truly a deal breaker.
24 to 33 gallons... 9 gallons x say 18mpg....... thats a tank at 594 versus 432... on a 2500 mile trip, a 33 gallon tank is about 4.2 stops to fill up, versus filling up 5.7 times in a 24.

I can see how that could make a difference for some people who do that kind of driving...especially if you're trailering.

Users who are viewing this thread