5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Fueling issues

TruckGuy77

Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with the Chrysler resolution center? My truck has been in the shop 4 times and still there for fueling issues. I opened a case with Chrysler care and escalated the case i was told Chrysler resolution center would contact me. I have been assigned a supervisor to my case. What can I expect??

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with the Chrysler resolution center? My truck has been in the shop 4 times and still there for fueling issues. I opened a case with Chrysler care and escalated the case i was told Chrysler resolution center would contact me. I have been assigned a supervisor to my case. What can I expect??

Hi TruckGuy77,

I do apologize for the frustration that has been associated with your experience so far. Would you mind following up with us via private message? If you'd like to provide your VIN, I would be more than happy to look into your case further for you and provide any available updates.

Mark
RamCares

TruckGuy77

Reaction score
Hi TruckGuy77,

I do apologize for the frustration that has been associated with your experience so far. Would you mind following up with us via private message? If you'd like to provide your VIN, I would be more than happy to look into your case further for you and provide any available updates.

Mark
RamCares

Thank you for following up I have finally been contacted by the resolution center after a week of them promising me a call. Nonetheless I have been contacted and my case is being reviewed. If I have any other questions I’ll be sure to send you a direct message. Speaking for all of us loyal ram customers, just keep us updated on what’s going on. The anxiety of not know and not having my vehicle is what kills me. I’ve been angry and frustrated but at the end of the day I’m a Ram guy and chances are I’ll prbly by another ram product even after this bad experience.

RamCares

Reaction score
Thank you for following up I have finally been contacted by the resolution center after a week of them promising me a call. Nonetheless I have been contacted and my case is being reviewed. If I have any other questions I’ll be sure to send you a direct message. Speaking for all of us loyal ram customers, just keep us updated on what’s going on. The anxiety of not know and not having my vehicle is what kills me. I’ve been angry and frustrated but at the end of the day I’m a Ram guy and chances are I’ll prbly by another ram product even after this bad experience.

Thank you for reaching back out, TruckGuy77. I'm glad to hear that you finally heard from someone on this matter. Your sentiments expressed here are certainly understandable and I do want to apologize for the trouble you have had to experience. We are always just a private message away and happy to help.

Mark
RamCares

sksflrph

Reaction score
Same issue here, 2020 Laramie, first time filling the tank since I bought the truck, took over 15 minutes at 2 different gas stations, very frustrating. Will contact the dealer this weekend.

TruckGuy77

Reaction score
Same issue here, 2020 Laramie, first time filling the tank since I bought the truck, took over 15 minutes at 2 different gas stations, very frustrating. Will contact the dealer this weekend.

good luck man hopefully they figure it out for you

RamCares

Reaction score
We certainly regret to hear of these concerns with your Ram. Should you require any additional assistance from our team following your appointment, please don't hesitate to send our team a private message.

Kate P.
RamCares

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You may want to look at the diagram on the backside of the filler door. It shows a pic of 2 separate valves that the nozzle has to pass through in order to fill the truck. It totally may not be your issue, as I know others have had one of those two valves fail. If you didn't, make sure you are inserting the nozzle past the second valve.

TruckGuy77

Reaction score
Update: after 27 days in the shop I finally got my truck back. All they did was replace the fuel tank again. This is my third fuel tank hopefully it works

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Update: after 27 days in the shop I finally got my truck back. All they did was replace the fuel tank again. This is my third fuel tank hopefully it works
So, I take it that the pumps are shutting of because of restricted fuel flow to the tank.
You are on a third! fuel tank, how many filler pipes and "back-flow" valves have they replaced? Have you considered
taking it to a different dealer?
p.s. what HeliPilot said.

TruckGuy77

Reaction score
So, I take it that the pumps are shutting of because of restricted fuel flow to the tank.
You are on a third! fuel tank, how many filler pipes and "back-flow" valves have they replaced? Have you considered
taking it to a different dealer?
p.s. what HeliPilot said.

Hey! So the first time I took it to the dealer back in the first week of December they changed the filler next and that didn’t fix it so I took it back and that’s when they decided to order a new fuel tank which they ended up replacing (that would be my second tank) that did not resolve the issue. On the third trip back to the dealer they replaced the evap canister and that didn’t solve it. 4 time at the dealer they had it for 27 days did various tests couldn’t figure out what’s wrong with it and finally today they called me and told me a “check valve” inside the tank was damaged because the new fuel tank had debris inside from when it was made so they just went ahead and replace the whole tank. Told me that would solve my issue. I got it with a full tank I’m going to let it run down to a 4th and try it out. Hopefully this solves the issue if not I’m leaving it and getting a lawyer. I have not considered any other dealer at this point.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey! So the first time I took it to the dealer back in the first week of December they changed the filler next and that didn’t fix it so I took it back and that’s when they decided to order a new fuel tank which they ended up replacing (that would be my second tank) that did not resolve the issue. On the third trip back to the dealer they replaced the evap canister and that didn’t solve it. 4 time at the dealer they had it for 27 days did various tests couldn’t figure out what’s wrong with it and finally today they called me and told me a “check valve” inside the tank was damaged because the new fuel tank had debris inside from when it was made so they just went ahead and replace the whole tank. Told me that would solve my issue. I got it with a full tank I’m going to let it run down to a 4th and try it out. Hopefully this solves the issue if not I’m leaving it and getting a lawyer. I have not considered any other dealer at this point.
What a hassle, hope you get it sorted out. I would seriously consider an other dealer have a go at it.

FailGrenade

Reaction score
Dodge mechanic for a dealership, I just did a tank and pump on a 1500 big horn and that fixed it. It was recent, so only time will tell if this is the true fix. Hopefully it is due to me just buying a 19 night edition 1500 :)

RamCares

Reaction score
Update: new fuel tank fixed the issue and FCA Chrysler care really took care of me I’m thankful

We're happy to hear this, TruckGuy77. If you have any future questions or concerns, our team is just a private message away.

Kate
RamCares

Laramie16

Reaction score
Fuel filler/tank issue as well.
I have 2019 Laramie with. 5.7 Hemi. I have had issues when fueling. The pump turns off because of fuel bubbling up the filler tube. I have had the truck into the dealer I bought it from several times. They have replaced a sending unit and the filler tube. They now say that the tank needs to be replaced. I have the extended warranty but apparently these are all excluded items. This seems like it should be a warranty issue. Not having any luck with FCA covering costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Syrio

Reaction score
I have a 2019 ram with 75000 kms and for the first time I had issues filling up and figured it was just a pump issue but now I have stumbled across this post and makes me nervous!

23RAM

Reaction score
I have a 2019 ram with 75000 kms and for the first time I had issues filling up and figured it was just a pump issue but now I have stumbled across this post and makes me nervous!
From what I've been able to gather, if you don't "top off" the tank when you fill up, you won't have a problem. Topping off over-fills the tank and pushes fuel up into the carbon filter for the vent which blocks the air vent, which causes pressure to build up when filling the tank and tripping the filler nozzle.

This has been an issue with several brands/models over the years as people are used to topping off - the owner's manual specifically states do not "top off" your tank when filling. Just stop when the nozzle kicks off and you'll be fine.

Laramie16

Reaction score
The problem is that I don’t get to that point when filling. It starts right away when I put fuel in, doesn’t matter if the tank is 1/4 full or 3/4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread