5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Folding Tonneau Cover: OEM vs BakFlip vs Gator

db682

Reaction score
I just tried ordering the factory hard tri-fold cover from moparfactoryparts.com. After filling out the order form and delaying for a couple days, they sent me two emails offering 20% off shipping costs if I come back and complete my order. So today I went back and actually place my order. A couple hours later I get an email from them asking if I am coming to their store to pick it up because the item is too big to ship. Needless to say, I am a bit irked with them. Do not waster your time and effort to order it through that website.

So far MoparAmerica has been giving me the same run around. They sent me a bunch of emails and chat's then at checkout it wont let me checkout because it's freight shipping. They knew this early on because they said I would be responsible for freight and 20% restocking if I wanted to return it. I emailed them again and they said it's the web server causing this problem to give it some time. It's been a couple days and it still doesnt work. I think they are just afraid to admit they made a mistake. At this point I'm either going through my dealer or getting a Roll-N-Lock.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far MoparAmerica has been giving me the same run around. They sent me a bunch of emails and chat's then at checkout it wont let me checkout because it's freight shipping. They knew this early on because they said I would be responsible for freight and 20% restocking if I wanted to return it. I emailed them again and they said it's the web server causing this problem to give it some time. It's been a couple days and it still doesnt work. I think they are just afraid to admit they made a mistake. At this point I'm either going through my dealer or getting a Roll-N-Lock.

If you want the Mopar just buy an MX4 from Truck Alterations. It will be cheaper.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I could have saved $$$ and ordered/installed myself .. but I decided to add it (hard cover tri-fold) to my pre-order. This way, the dealer has to fix it if/when it messes up.

t-rock9

Reaction score
Is anyone using the Mopar soft tri-fold tonneau cover with either of the Amp Research bed extenders (the Max U-shaped or the Sport traditonal/angled shape), or the Mopar bed extender? I already have the Mopar tonneau and would like to choose a bed extender that will minimize any interference with the tonneau clamp handles.

Last edited:

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I preordered mine with the trifold (was hoping it was the hard cover but appears only the soft. But I will have the RAMBOX and it will come with the OEM RAMBOX divider/extender.

Helish1

Reaction score
I have the OEM tri fold and the divider and yes it is a pain to unlatch the clamps but it is usable. I really like the divider so I deal with the awkwardness of the latches.
Bringing this one back. New to the forum. With the wife’s new Ram. Truck has the BUG but in need of cover divider. Was considering just going with factory stuff so I don’t have any issues. Do you have any pics? You said it’s usable but a pain to unlatch. Please describe. Thanks.

Ctgasman

Reaction score
I went with a Bakflip MX4 from Tonneau Factory Outlet. I contacted Jillian and got the best price around, way better than advertised. My only issue was the passenger rail came damaged but Jillian took care of everything and had Bakflip send a replacement. They have excellent customer service in my book for standing behind their products.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I went with a Bakflip MX4 from Tonneau Factory Outlet. I contacted Jillian and got the best price around, way better than advertised. My only issue was the passenger rail came damaged but Jillian took care of everything and had Bakflip send a replacement. They have excellent customer service in my book for standing behind their products.
Curious on how much it was, if you can share.

Thanks,

dano257

Reaction score
I installed a GatorTrax Tonneau a few months ago. 45 minute install time. It's an aluminum retractable cover. Tailgate works without adjusting the cover. 99.9% watertight. Occasionally will get a few drops inside after heavy rain or carwash. I have removed it by myself a couple of times to utilize the bed for hauling large items. It's not terribly heavy and I have removed and re-install on my own, but it is easier with a 2nd person. I would recommend the product, although it is not cheap at $1050.

Ctgasman

Reaction score
Curious on how much it was, if you can share.

Thanks,
Sure I can share, I paid $839.88 with free shipping and no tax for the MX4 Bakflip for a 2019 Ram DT with the 5.7 bed. Give them a call and ask for Jillian(tell them Ctgasman recommended them) they can't advertise the lowest rates due to the agreement with Bakflip. I was 100% satisfied.

RamKen

Reaction score
If my memory is correct I think some people were paying around $755 for the MX4 from Truck Alterations. You will have to message/email Luke for the best price.

Stickerhead

Reaction score
Got mine F1 for $672 for a 6’4”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Helish1

Reaction score
If my memory is correct I think some people were paying around $755 for the MX4 from Truck Alterations. You will have to message/email Luke for the best price.
Yeah I just got a quote from Luke a few days ago for $780 shipped.

Reaction score
I ordered a Bakflip MX4 (the model for the 2019 1500 with ramboxes) when they had their promotion a few weeks ago...same situation here, you're supposed to be able to open and close the tailgate with the cover down...also don't have my truck to verify this (cover is due within the next couple weeks)

Not sure if you received your cover yet, but I just installed mine (without ramboxes) and it fits beautifully. You are able to close the tailgate without opening the cover.

Stickerhead

Reaction score
Nope. Big box store. Got friends in low places!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helish1

Reaction score
Mopar cover works with the mopar divider. Super easy install if you have BUG.
Getting ready to pull the trigger on all the parts just want to make sure it’s all going to work together. Any pics or updates. Also still undecided between the mopar flip and mx4. Don’t really want glossy finish. But haven’t seen either in person to make a decision.

Peterk814

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with order from tonneau factory outlet? Based on its low price and recommends from here I ordered from them, but its been over 2 weeks and my retraxs pro still has not shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread