5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Dodge Rebel Android Auto Issue

cvdw1964

Reaction score
So I just bought a 2029 Dodge Rebel n I have taken it into dealer n still have the same issues my Android Auto keeps going off n on anyone elses have this issue as it drives me crazy have tried new faster usb lines the dealership reset software they said n I even redid Android auto on my phone I don't have navigation on my u connect so it makes a huge issue! Thx ahead of time!

Neokane

Reaction score
Check your cable. This can cause problems

Kooch80

Reaction score
mine only seems to like the cable that came with my phone. tried an aftermarket cable (anker, who i think makes good products) and it didnt work. i plug mine into the usb-c port.

Neokane

Reaction score
I had to buy a new USB-C cable to get mine to work consistently.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Same issue, it turns out my phone was the issue, it wasn't new and it wasn't securing the cable well enough at the base. Hit a bump, and the cable would move and disconnect.

A higher quality cable makes sure the connection is good, but the phone needs to have a good base connector as well.

cvdw1964

Reaction score
Same issue, it turns out my phone was the issue, it wasn't new and it wasn't securing the cable well enough at the base. Hit a bump, and the cable would move and disconnect.

A higher quality cable makes sure the connection is good, but the phone needs to have a good base connector as well.
I was wondering if it's my phone that's why a new cable, gee just when I pay my phone off , guess I will be getting a new Goggle Pixel XL sigh

I have tried every cable u can think of so thinking it is my phone!

Thank you for the feed back n BTW Love my 2019 Rebel

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I was wondering if it's my phone that's why a new cable, gee just when I pay my phone off , guess I will be getting a new Goggle Pixel XL sigh

I have tried every cable u can think of so thinking it is my phone!

Thank you for the feed back n BTW Love my 2019 Rebel

Absolutely! Just to be sure, when your phone is plugged into the cable, slightly move the cable at the base and see if it connects and disconnects, then you know that's it. The slightest movement on my cable would cause the phone to disconnect.

popcenator

Reaction score
That's my issue as well. Sometimes it disconnects it every bump, sometimes I make it most of my 25 minute drive to work. Sometimes it doesn't disconnect at all, but I know it's the port on my phone that's the problem. Though I didn't realize it at first and was a little disappointmented.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

cvdw1964

Reaction score
Absolutely! Just to be sure, when your phone is plugged into the cable, slightly move the cable at the base and see if it connects and disconnects, then you know that's it. The slightest movement on my cable would cause the phone to disconnect.
Thanks I am looking into a new phone here just waiting for the 4th generation Pixel XL if I am going to get a new phone might as well get the latest one :0)

Have a great day!

2019REBEL

Reaction score
So I just bought a 2029 Dodge Rebel n I have taken it into dealer n still have the same issues my Android Auto keeps going off n on anyone elses have this issue as it drives me crazy have tried new faster usb lines the dealership reset software they said n I even redid Android auto on my phone I don't have navigation on my u connect so it makes a huge issue! Thx ahead of time!

How did you get a 2029 Rebel. :ROFLMAO: :p

gpbst3

Reaction score
I had the same problem with it connecting then disconnecting. Took it back to the dealership and the tech hooked his phone up and it worked fine. After that my phone started working. Cant really explain that one.

Djorgy

Reaction score
Here is a stupid idea to try! I had the same problem. Unrelated to the problem, I was at Verizon thinking of upgrading my phone and explained how I thought my USB c port was getting worn because of the connection problems in my truck. The gal at verizon took out a thin wire and cleaned my phone's USB c port out. It was full of pocket lint. Problem solved. No more connection problems with my android auto in my Bighorn!

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The gal at verizon took out a thin wire and cleaned my phone's USB c port out. It was full of pocket lint. Problem solved.

This right here EXCEPT - use a wooden toothpick or other non-metal item (so as not to short out any metal connections).. or compressed air first

Zinger

Reaction score
A good cable is required for Android auto. I never had a problem with AA in the Ram, but recently I installed an aftermarket unit in my other car and AA would randomly disconnect. Eventually I tried a different cable and now it works flawlessly. I can't say why AA is so picky about cabling, but it is.

Users who are viewing this thread