5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Chevy Silverado truck

warvet

Reaction score
I gave my buddy a ride to the local GMC dealer to pick his truck up from the service department and they had a 19 Denali sitting on the showroom floor so my curiosity got the best of me. I test drove a 2019 SLT before I bought my Ram. Even when I bought my 2015 SLT I couldn't justify the price increase for the Denali I just didn't see the value. However the new Denali has significantly better quality materials than the lower trims for this generation, more stitching better resolution screen and a few other features specific to the Denali. All that being said my Laramie is still nicer in every aspect except the seats, the leather in the Denali is pretty nice but the Denali is nowhere near on par with a Ram Limited. despite the better materials the interior is still just as ugly to look at. One thing I do like on the new GM's which I don't have maybe not an option on the Laramie and maybe it's available on the limited trim is that all 4 doors have proximity key access not just the front doors. I'm a contractor so trips to the job site involve safety gear that I keep stored under the rear seat every time I get back in he truck I go to the rear door first to put my hardhat and safety gear away always reach for the handle then realize I have to use the front handle to unlock the truck first. First world problems for sure but gaining access to the rear is something I do a lot for work and a prox handle on the rear doors would be nice.

I haven't looked at 19 GMC, but when I bought my 16 GMC, I parked my SLT beside a Denali and told the salesman to leave me for awhile. I jumped in and out of each of them staring and trying to figure out which I wanted. The sales manager was taking $10K off either of the ones I wanted, so price really was no issue. At the time, I couldn't justify the cost of the word "denali" being stitched in the seat, the automatic running boards, and the stock sunroof. I just didn't feel any different sitting in either of them----felt the same. Maybe something changed since, but not in 16. The one thing that made an increase in price worth it was the magnetic ride and, at the time, Denali was 8 speed stock and my SLT was 6 speed stock.

I just couldn't see $10K difference. I was a diehard GMC guy for sure, so I don't hate them or anything now that I have a Ram. The interior is just soooooo dated. I don't mind the exterior on them because I love the front end. But I know this .........alot of truck guys want it to look as 'truck' as possible on the inside and they'll stick with GMC. They don't want all the fancy stuff

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A buddy of mine who has an 18 Silverado just rode in my Limited. He was blown away. Couldn't stop talking about the interior.
There isn't a truck on the market that matches the interior on the new Ram. Exterior is a more subjective point of comparison. I personally think the Ram also has the best exterior styling some people argue that, a good friend of mine actually thinks my truck is ugly...LoL, but they never dispute the interior.

VenomBee

Reaction score
The rear in looks like an Avalanche...We all know how ugly that was!!!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
2008 called. It wants its interior back...
That's hideous. Specially the tailgate. Also, no excuse to not have passenger power seat, or no nav, or power pedals, or...

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I mean...wow.
Sounds like, in his opinion, the only *real* pluses are the 5.3/6.2, the bed and tailgate, and the optional 10 speed.

Uh, that's a pretty small portion of the overall package that is a truck.

Gosh, I'll bet Chevy/GM execs reading that review are feeling embarrassed right about now.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
GM had an opportunity to do something with that interior but I agree they chose not to because they are arrogant about the loyal owners. I have a coworker who is hating his 2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited and looking to get into a 2019 Silverado RST 4x4. I would like to send this to him but afraid he will think I am just Chevy bashing.

jamesfg

Reaction score
One reason I won't consider GM trucks.....square wheel wells. What's next? Square wheels?

jamesfg

Reaction score
Darn, goes to show how little I pay attention to GM trucks.

Filet

Reaction score
At first view of the video (red truck) I thought well it's the LT...the low trim version. So I went onto youtube and watched an LTZ trim review video...interior is barely an improvement over the LT. Wow, what a horrible interior. Seems like you have to go Denali or High Country to get anything nice. Where as the Laramie (which is a mid level trim in the Ram) is more luxurious than either the Denali or High Country. GM screwed this up. The last dig I'll take is on the back seat, Ram has sooooooo much more leg room. I looked at that Chevy back seat and thanked God I bought the Ram. I gotta buddy whose been waiting for the 2019 GM's to come out, I can't wait to make him a Ram guy now when he sees this interior.

jkratze1

Reaction score
Wow..that article on the 2019 Silverado was so entertaining.

My favorite part:

Coincidentally, I was sitting in that high-zoot Ram when the Silverado LTZ rolled into my parking lot for its test. Hopping straight from Ram into the Chevy was a jarring experience, like a free-fall from a swanky Los Angeles nightclub into GM’s parts-bin dumpster in Detroit. That might be fine, if GM’s parts bin resembled, say, Audi’s. But GM’s parts bin is like the toy chest that you haven’t peeked in for 20 years: Wow, I thought Mom threw that crap out years ago. :ROFLMAO:

RenoRam

Reaction score
Wow..that article on the 2019 Silverado was so entertaining.

My favorite part:

Coincidentally, I was sitting in that high-zoot Ram when the Silverado LTZ rolled into my parking lot for its test. Hopping straight from Ram into the Chevy was a jarring experience, like a free-fall from a swanky Los Angeles nightclub into GM’s parts-bin dumpster in Detroit. That might be fine, if GM’s parts bin resembled, say, Audi’s. But GM’s parts bin is like the toy chest that you haven’t peeked in for 20 years: Wow, I thought Mom threw that crap out years ago. :ROFLMAO:
Seriously looked at a 19 GMC AT4 and although nice and drove well, it is no match for the Ram's interior. Had a 16 Silverado and it was a fine truck, just not in the same interior class. On my 4th Ram now and dont see that changing.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now that more of these ‘19 Rams are on the road and at dealers the more everyone here locally is realizing the night and day difference between the new Ram design and the “others”. I shoudn’t be this way :whistle: but anywhere I go now I enjoy when someone walks up to me in the parking lot and wants to talk about and see my truck. Just yesterday alone at the local home improvement store and the local fire department I had two Chevy guys say the same thing after looking at my Ram, “ The ‘19 Chevy’s are a joke, if they don’t change something when my lease is up for the ‘20 models I will be in a Ram”. How I love those comments!:ROFLMAO:

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Son bought a new redline silverado in 2017 no trouble with it and bought it for about 36k. It runs like a scared rabbit and looks good. Only thing we really had stand out with his over my 2014 Ram at the time was he could not get big tow mirrors and the little 4 inch screen sucked,but other than that his truck is still looking and running good,but I like my Ram!

Reduxalicious

Reaction score
A buddy of mine who has an 18 Silverado just rode in my Limited. He was blown away. Couldn't stop talking about the interior.

My dad is a die hard Ford man and even he prefers the interior of my Ram and it's a midlevel interior compared to his platinum.

He even said he'd consider a ram since the redesign

As others have said and I agree Ram moved the goal post for how the interior of a truck should be

As said external stylings are relative I like the Rams but also like the F150 with that one black square grill

GM's have always had that boring very Corporate? Looking interior

Users who are viewing this thread