5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Chevy Silverado truck

RBRK

Reaction score
That front end is the worst thing I’ve ever seen. Cheap interior looks dated. I drove in a friends 18’ GMC 3500 the other day, couldn’t help look at that crap interior and think how nice my Ram is in comparison.

I’m pretty sure this. Interior won’t last over 2years until they redesign it.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just traded in a 2015 sierra slt, first ram I've ever owned. Went to the gmc dealership and they had just unloaded a 2019 sierra slt and I was checking it out. Salesman asked, what do you think? My response, the interior on this truck sucks, its worse than my 2015, good luck selling this against the ram, his response was well the 12 inch touch screen is buggy. I tell him, that's a software patch, there's no fixing this interior. I bought my ram the next morning. No regrets. I imagine the new GM trucks will be marked down well below msrp to get them moving, with an interior update for 2020 that gm probably started working on in January of this year after ram released the new DT.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I really don't understand why GM doesn't just use the dashboards from their much better looking SUVs. They still aren't what I think anyone would call outstanding, but the dashboard from the Acadia/Traverse are, in my opinion, the best of their SUV lineups and look light years better than what the Sierra and Silverado have. You could easily bulk them up a bit to get that macho cred back, but still have a waaaaay more modern looking dashboard without having to spend all the money to design one from scratch.

Or hey, what do I know, maybe they're fixated on using their 2007 dashboard for another decade.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I really don't understand why GM doesn't just use the dashboards from their much better looking SUVs. They still aren't what I think anyone would call outstanding, but the dashboard from the Acadia/Traverse are, in my opinion, the best of their SUV lineups and look light years better than what the Sierra and Silverado have. You could easily bulk them up a bit to get that macho cred back, but still have a waaaaay more modern looking dashboard without having to spend all the money to design one from scratch.

Or hey, what do I know, maybe they're fixated on using their 2007 dashboard for another decade.
You would have thought that the new Sierra Denali would at least be on par with the Yukon Denali, if not the Escalade.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed. Even in light of the 2018 Ram interior, it's just inconceivable that they would not address the interior. I'm going with corporate refresh budgets and they spent it all on tailgate design.

habu987

Reaction score
You would have thought that the new Sierra Denali would at least be on par with the Yukon Denali, if not the Escalade.
Yeah. I'm just thinking, if they want to go for a more modern look, I wouldn't go for the Yukon Denali, I'd go for the Traverse High Country and butch it up a bit to make it pickup truck macho.

2019 Sierra Denali
2019-gmc-sierra-denali-inline1-1535325877.jpg

2019 Yukon Denali
_s5a0059.jpg

2019 Traverse High Country
cq5dam.web_.1280.1280-4.jpeg

If it was me, I'd take the Traverse dashboard, bulk it up a little bit, and add all the truck controls at the bottom where the charging pad is. With that adjustment and the switch from a console shifter to a column shifter, GM would have a much more modern, pretty decent looking interior without making a whole heck of a lot of changes to an existing design...

But GM doesn't pay me the big interior design bucks, so what do I know?

Last edited:

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A gm truck will never have as nice as interior as their flagship SUVs they have to justify the price difference somehow. There will always be more features and better interior in a Yukon Denali versus Sierra Denali. The last go around you couldn't get proximity key, push button start, heads up display, blind spot monitor in the Denali truck even though it was available on the SUVs.

RamMeToo

Reaction score

Good point, but even their Tahoe Denali interior looks pretty sad in person. Still a good deal of hard plastic in use. I love the comment on the RAM website "More real wood and leather than both the F150 and Silverado combined"

habu987

Reaction score
Good point, but even their Tahoe Denali interior looks pretty sad in person. Still a good deal of hard plastic in use. I love the comment on the RAM website "More real wood and leather than both the F150 and Silverado combined"
Yeah, I think the Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon dashes look like they're a generation behind the Acadia/Traverse, which makes sense since the latter two were recently redesigned.

I would've thought the Silverado/Sierra would've had a similarly new interior since they were also redesigned, but we all know how that turned out.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Supposidly GM said thier truck customers liked the interior they way it was so they did not change it much. I say bs they ran out of money and decided to let it as is. To me the Denali interior doesn't look any different then a work truck with some leather seats.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The proof will be in the sales numbers. The GM loyalists will defend the new interior and overall design. Getting new buyers over from Ford, Ram and Tundra will be hard with this truck, IMO.

john l.

Reaction score
I just traded in a 2015 sierra slt, first ram I've ever owned. Went to the gmc dealership and they had just unloaded a 2019 sierra slt and I was checking it out. Salesman asked, what do you think? My response, the interior on this truck sucks, its worse than my 2015, good luck selling this against the ram, his response was well the 12 inch touch screen is buggy. I tell him, that's a software patch, there's no fixing this interior. I bought my ram the next morning. No regrets. I imagine the new GM trucks will be marked down well below msrp to get them moving, with an interior update for 2020 that gm probably started working on in January of this year after ram released the new DT.
You can't fix ugly or stupid. Guv chi-com motors. Chevy has lost it's way.

warvet

Reaction score
traded my 16 Sierra for this ram. That was my third GMC ....this is my first Ram. Once I saw the same outdated interior for the 19 Sierra, I ran for Ford F150 King Ranch and then someone said .....go look at Ram just to be make sure you don't like it. I asked...."Dodge?" They said ......it's Ram. And the rest is history.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Supposidly GM said thier truck customers liked the interior they way it was so they did not change it much. I say bs they ran out of money and decided to let it as is. To me the Denali interior doesn't look any different then a work truck with some leather seats.
I gave my buddy a ride to the local GMC dealer to pick his truck up from the service department and they had a 19 Denali sitting on the showroom floor so my curiosity got the best of me. I test drove a 2019 SLT before I bought my Ram. Even when I bought my 2015 SLT I couldn't justify the price increase for the Denali I just didn't see the value. However the new Denali has significantly better quality materials than the lower trims for this generation, more stitching better resolution screen and a few other features specific to the Denali. All that being said my Laramie is still nicer in every aspect except the seats, the leather in the Denali is pretty nice but the Denali is nowhere near on par with a Ram Limited. despite the better materials the interior is still just as ugly to look at. One thing I do like on the new GM's which I don't have maybe not an option on the Laramie and maybe it's available on the limited trim is that all 4 doors have proximity key access not just the front doors. I'm a contractor so trips to the job site involve safety gear that I keep stored under the rear seat every time I get back in he truck I go to the rear door first to put my hardhat and safety gear away always reach for the handle then realize I have to use the front handle to unlock the truck first. First world problems for sure but gaining access to the rear is something I do a lot for work and a prox handle on the rear doors would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread