5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Caught:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
29495818_1794363800585232_2856114764638060544_o.jpg

29983542_1807192332635712_3639115316608330679_o.jpg

This truck will be pinned up against the 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie...

2019-ram-1500-first-drive.jpg

2019-ram-1500-first-drive.jpg

LordHobbit

Reaction score
Yeah right. Chevy owners are hardly likely to switch. They are a hard headed group

D

Deleted member103

LordHobbit said:
Yeah right. Chevy owners are hardly likely to switch. They are a hard headed group
Oh Dear "Lord" you hit the nail square-on-the-head and driven it deep into All Chevy-Fans Everywhere ! They'll be coming for you . . . be careful where you park !
263a.png

263a.png

263a.png
but yup
1f44d.png

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
LordHobbit said:
Very true, I know lots of die hard GM owners that still buy them even if they know there are better vehicles out there and admit that their own is problematic.

One thing I did see quite a bit on forums over the past few years though we're GM Silverado/Sierra owners switching to Ram after dealing with vibration issues that plagues the 2014+ GM trucks that they dont seem to have a fix for.

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
Very true, I know lots of die hard GM owners that still buy them even if they know there are better vehicles out there and admit that their own is problematic.

One thing I did see quite a bit on forums over the past few years though we're GM Silverado/Sierra owners switching to Ram after dealing with vibration issues that plagues the 2014+ GM trucks that they dont seem to have a fix for.
Hmmm, New Hemi RAM 1500 has Vibration Modules on Frame ! ! ! Has anyone connected the D.O.T.'s -- DOT ? Get it ?
263a.png

D

Deleted member 85

As far as loyalty goes in my parts - GM/Chev guys will happily follow GM off a cliff to get a new Chev. Ford clients are whores, to be honest. They will cheat on their brand as soon as a different brand has a shiny new feature their Ford doesn't. The new Ram will be having lightly used F-150s littering FCA dealers throughout my province.

Ram clients have fairly strong loyalty, not as much as GM/Chev, but a ton more than Ford.

**anecdotal thoughts, please don't get offended by my terminology.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
BobbiBigWheels said:
As far as loyalty goes in my parts - GM/Chev guys will happily follow GM off a cliff to get a new Chev. Ford clients are whores, to be honest. They will cheat on their brand as soon as a different brand has a shiny new feature their Ford doesn't. The new Ram will be having lightly used F-150s littering FCA dealers throughout my province.

Ram clients have fairly strong loyalty, not as much as GM/Chev, but a ton more than Ford.
Ive noticed the same. I've got a friend with an 08 Silverado that has been a pile of crap that's waiting until October so he can order a 19 Silverado even though he admits the interior sucks etc.

Its also funny how his truck has been non stop problems since he got it but he keeps telling me it's been "reliable".

D

Deleted member103

BobbiBigWheels said:

I thought Canadians were "supposed to be" the NICER People in the neighborhood ? ". . . are whores, to be honest" ?    OUCH !
I'm personally not offended, but - "**anecdotal thoughts may be misplaced !? bb (edit) should be BBW don't fret, I still "luv you" ! I suppose sometimes we ALL can do better . . . (me, guilty as charged your honor, too). And that is just my "Commentary" for (hopefully) the whole year !
263a.png

1f44d.png

ps/edit -- OH, did anyone see this weeks NCIS-LA ? 1st time I ever saw the team driving a bright shiny RED 2018 REBEL with RamBox !
AWESOME, AND THE SHOW WASN'T HALF BAD THIS TIME EITHER !

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Up here in Canada they only sell about 1/3 as many Silverados as they do Rams though, we got that part figured out.
1f609.png

Kramersp

Reaction score

Loyalty to a brand does nothing but cheat the customer out of of a superior product. That being said, those GM trucks look like trash. Well, the silverado looks ok, but the GMC looks like the designer was drunk. And the interior? Seriously? Just half effort crap in my opinion. It's not as nice as the current F150 inside or out and the interior isnt even un the same ballpark as the Ram (4th or 5th gen). The GM 6.2L and 10 speed is the only good thing about both of those brands.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Ive noticed the same. I've got a friend with an 08 Silverado that has been a pile of crap that's waiting until October so he can order a 19 Silverado even though he admits the interior sucks etc.

Its also funny how his truck has been non stop problems since he got it but he keeps telling me it's been "reliable".
Be careful about throwing stones. The reliability track record of the 2019 Ram's isnt exactly stellar.

justintx

Reaction score

I made the switch after owning an '08 Avalanche for 10 years 170K miles. All my Ford and Chevy friends couldn't believe it... hope this sweet ride doesn't prove me wrong. I looked at the '17-'19 Silverados and they just couldn't compare with the comfort and safety features I have on my '19 Ram, especially for the price.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's not as nice as the current F150 inside or out and the interior isnt even un the same ballpark as the Ram (4th or 5th gen). The GM 6.2L and 10 speed is the only good thing about both of those brands.
On recent test drives, I actually liked the 2018 Denali interior a bit better than the 2018 F-150 Limited. I might have liked the King Ranch interior better, as it could have partially been the black/blue theme of the Limited that disappointed. Regardless, the interior of the 2019 Ram (especially the Laramie Longhorn or Limited) is in another league.

The 12-year-old in me would love to take a spin in a 2019 Denali with the 6.2L/10-speed combo; if the shifts are timed well, it should be wicked fast. I'm buying a Ram because I want the whole package...even if that *might* mean a few future mods ;)

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I know I’m goin to offend someone, :sneaky: but I agree. I have always been Ram and Ford. I really like the looks and tech of the new Ram so I’m gonna give it a try. Honestly if a few years down the road it’s not what I thought it would be, I may be back in a F150. Hope not but we’ll see. I will not by GM products, they have never impressed me with anything and, well, there is just something “different” about GM guys. (There it is)! I could take an old farm wagon with 4 wheels, tires and a steering wheel ( and a 4 cyl. engine :sick::ROFLMAO:)and put a Chevy emblem on it and they would buy it and think it is the best thing ever. I know guys who would buy two or three GM trucks just to make sure at least one worked before they would buy anything else, even if you give them a new something else. Sorry, just had to say it. My buddies and I have fun bashing the very few other friends who have GM trucks, they get so offended, funny stuff! :LOL::devilish:

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Be careful about throwing stones. The reliability track record of the 2019 Ram's isnt exactly stellar.

If someone goes through a rear diff, transfer case, front diff, transmission, engine the burns oil like there's no tomorrow, PCM, wiring harness, oil pump and a ton of other things on a less than 10 year old truck and says it's reliable they're out of their minds no matter what the brand is.

Kramersp

Reaction score
If someone goes through a rear diff, transfer case, front diff, transmission, engine the burns oil like there's no tomorrow, PCM, wiring harness, oil pump and a ton of other things on a less than 10 year old truck and says it's reliable they're out of their minds no matter what the brand is.
Amen

Users who are viewing this thread