5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Bighorn Issues

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
So I helped a buddy get into a 2019 1500 back when they first came out and he seems to have nothing but issues with it. The dealership has been no help and his next step is contacting Chrysler. I was just wondering if anyone else is having these issues.

1. Intermittent rough start. When trying to start it sputters for a second or two then starts up. It doesn’t matter if it hot or cold out, but only happens after sitting for a long while.

2. When turning right at slow speeds there’s a shuddering noise coming from the front end.

3. Radio will not connect to phone via USB or charge phone when it’s hot outside.

4. When commanding the drivers side window up it rolls up halfway, stops and then rolls back down.

Issues 1 and 2 Chrysler is aware of, but not willing to fix the problem.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
When you say that Chrysler is aware of the problem but not willing to fix it, what exactly do you mean by that? Are you saying they won't fix the problems, or that they won't be covered under warranty? Is the truck still under warranty? Maybe @RamCares can help out.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
I'll try RamCares, thanks. Chrysler is aware that several trucks are having these issues, but don't have a fix so they just throw their hands up in the air.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Are you saying that your friend was basically told to GF himself by a dealership? It feels like you're leaving out a lot of details here. I know that any time I have ever gone to a dealership with a problem, they don't stop until they've made things right. The only time that didn't happen was for something they couldn't reproduce, and I never saw happen again (uconnect screen went blank). I get your buddy's frustration. But why isn't he here posting this thread, or at least commenting in it? There's really no information here. And the only thing this type of thread serves to do is to add to the perceived negativity towards CDJR dealerships and products.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
He doesn't get on these forums. He was voicing his frustrations this morning, so I figured I'd reach out to the forum to see if anyone has had similar issues with their 1500. The dealership has been able to reproduce the hard start problem and the noise when turning issue. They're basically saying Chrysler doesn't have a fix for it at this time, but they're aware of this issue coming from several trucks. Not bashing the dealership as much as I am Chrysler. I think he's going to pursue the lemon law side of this and just move to a different truck make.
Are you saying that your friend was basically told to GF himself by a dealership? It feels like you're leaving out a lot of details here. I know that any time I have ever gone to a dealership with a problem, they don't stop until they've made things right. The only time that didn't happen was for something they couldn't reproduce, and I never saw happen again (uconnect screen went blank). I get your buddy's frustration. But why isn't he here posting this thread, or at least commenting in it? There's really no information here. And the only thing this type of thread serves to do is to add to the perceived negativity towards CDJR dealerships and products.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
He doesn't get on these forums. He was voicing his frustrations this morning, so I figured I'd reach out to the forum to see if anyone has had similar issues with their 1500. The dealership has been able to reproduce the hard start problem and the noise when turning issue. They're basically saying Chrysler doesn't have a fix for it at this time, but they're aware of this issue coming from several trucks. Not bashing the dealership as much as I am Chrysler. I think he's going to pursue the lemon law side of this and just move to a different truck make.
For all you or your buddy know, the dealership might just be telling him that rather than deal with it, which is why I suggested @RamCares get involved. Of the 4 issues you listed, only the noise when turning seems to be a somewhat common complaint, especially on the 2019 models. And there have been threads where people have posted about fixes for that. I don't think the other three problems are common though. But I would think that the dealership should be able to deal with them. Sounds like it doesn't matter though, and he's going to lemon law it if he can. Good luck to him. Lemons can happen with any brand vehicle. Hopefully his next truck is trouble-free.

Edit: There is a thread on the first page of the forum which discusses the one of the noise while turning issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread