5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 big horn leaking water

Jm19ram

Reaction score
have a 2019 Ram 1500 big horn and have had all kinds of water leaking. I got my truck last day of Nov. 2018. Within a month the windshield was leaking to the left of the rear view mirror landing on the center console. Dealer said it had to be resealed. And It has been done. About 10 months later I noticed the headliner rattling and sagging a bit in the center, as I examined the headliner I noticed it was stained all across the back near the rear window. Brought the truck to the dealer to fix headliner and check for water leaking, they sealed the third brake light, ( poor job with cleaning up sealant, and still getting water.) Truck has been in multiple times and as of yesterday 1/23/20 I was told I need the rear window replaced and it's going to be 2 months before that will happen. A couple weeks before my truck went in for this service my front windshield cracked. I'm not sure how but I thought it might have had to do with the dealer pulling the windshield and resealing it earlier in the year and when we finally got a really cold stretch of weather it cracked, But of course that wasn't even a thought from dealer. So now this new windshield was installed just to be removed in 2+ months when the truck goes back in for the rear window replacement, and at that time they will remove the windshield to replace my stained headliner.
I know this was a long post but man, what an extremely annoying ordeal this has been and still on going. I'm so sick of listening to my headliner make that annoying rattling sound of something broke, and watching water continue to leak into my brand new $50k truck. God knows what else is going on, I will be looking and watching to see if the carpets get wet. I had a 2016 Express with not 1 issue that I traded in for this more expensive truck and I've been to the dealer for service more then I want to count.

Attachments

• 20191222_164023.jpg
    20191222_164023.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 20191209_175055.jpg
    20191209_175055.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 20191205_143754.jpg
    20191205_143754.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 76

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
have a 2019 Ram 1500 big horn and have had all kinds of water leaking. I got my truck last day of Nov. 2018. Within a month the windshield was leaking to the left of the rear view mirror landing on the center console. Dealer said it had to be resealed. And It has been done. About 10 months later I noticed the headliner rattling and sagging a bit in the center, as I examined the headliner I noticed it was stained all across the back near the rear window. Brought the truck to the dealer to fix headliner and check for water leaking, they sealed the third brake light, ( poor job with cleaning up sealant, and still getting water.) Truck has been in multiple times and as of yesterday 1/23/20 I was told I need the rear window replaced and it's going to be 2 months before that will happen. A couple weeks before my truck went in for this service my front windshield cracked. I'm not sure how but I thought it might have had to do with the dealer pulling the windshield and resealing it earlier in the year and when we finally got a really cold stretch of weather it cracked, But of course that wasn't even a thought from dealer. So now this new windshield was installed just to be removed in 2+ months when the truck goes back in for the rear window replacement, and at that time they will remove the windshield to replace my stained headliner.
I know this was a long post but man, what an extremely annoying ordeal this has been and still on going. I'm so sick of listening to my headliner make that annoying rattling sound of something broke, and watching water continue to leak into my brand new $50k truck. God knows what else is going on, I will be looking and watching to see if the carpets get wet. I had a 2016 Express with not 1 issue that I traded in for this more expensive truck and I've been to the dealer for service more then I want to count.

Hi Jm19ram,

I am deeply sorry to hear of the trouble that has been associated with your ownership experience. This is certainly not what we expect for our customers. Please know that I would be more than willing to learn additional details of your situation to determine how to best assist you at this point. Please follow up with me via private message when you can.

Mark
RamCares

FL Laramie

Reaction score
At least you found the leaks under warranty. I park my truck in a garage at home and a parking garage at work. 42k miles into ownership and I just now find a windshield leak due to a gap in the windshield seal. First pickup, first Ram...not thrilled about the brand.

Users who are viewing this thread