5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 2500 limited have adaptive cruise and colision avoidance want to add lane sense

Ted wilson

Reaction score
I was encouraged by several threads that were adding a safety group that included lane sense as well as colision avoidance and other's

I already have adaptive cruise, colision avoidance, blind spot but seem to be missing lane since.

The threads talked about a dsm module that had all of them.

Is it possible i have lane sense and it is just not activated or do i need to add additional components?

They also talked about a windshield change. Can anyone send me a picture of the windshield that has lane sense so i can look and see if i have the windshield already?

The dealer currently has the car and is working on the colision avoidance and rear park sensors, so i cannot actually check anything on the truck right now.

But i an very interested in adding lane sense.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You might want to hit the HD forum up with this question since this is the 1500 forum. I have no idea if the systems would be the same or not, but I wonder how many people here have added a safety group to a 2500.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you have adaptive cruise and forward collision, you should have lane sense. There is a button on the dash above or below the radio. When you get it back, take a picture of the entire Center stack. You can post it on here and then I can tell you if you have it or not. If for some reason you do not have it, it can be added.

Ted wilson

Reaction score
You might want to hit the HD forum up with this question since this is the 1500 forum. I have no idea if the systems would be the same or not, but I wonder how many people here have added a safety group to a 2500.

Sorry about that
When i go to post something i am having trouble getting it in the right forum. I thougjt i had selected the hd forum or the options and upgrades. I will try harder

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was encouraged by several threads that were adding a safety group that included lane sense as well as colision avoidance and other's

I already have adaptive cruise, colision avoidance, blind spot but seem to be missing lane since.

The threads talked about a dsm module that had all of them.

Is it possible i have lane sense and it is just not activated or do i need to add additional components?

They also talked about a windshield change. Can anyone send me a picture of the windshield that has lane sense so i can look and see if i have the windshield already?

The dealer currently has the car and is working on the colision avoidance and rear park sensors, so i cannot actually check anything on the truck right now.

But i a very interested in adding lane sense.
The 2019 heavy duty rams did not have the lane sense feature out yet, but you can add it.
You would have to swap out the 12” display screen for one that has the lane assist button, and you would have to swap out your steering box for the steering gear that has the torque overlay module.
More info here:

Ted wilson

Reaction score
If you have adaptive cruise and forward collision, you should have lane sense. There is a button on the dash above or below the radio. When you get it back, take a picture of the entire Center stack. You can post it on here and then I can tell you if you have it or not. If for some reason you do not have it, it can be added.
The car is still at the dealer they have to repair park sensors and cision with braking

Ted wilson

Reaction score
The car is still at the dealer they have to repair park sensors and cision with braking
I do not have lane sense or adaptive steering. I now have the truck and can see in the safety settings and neither are there. I think that without the adaptive steering you cannot have lane sense.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I do not have lane sense or adaptive steering. I now have the truck and can see in the safety settings and neither are there. I think that without the adaptive steering you cannot have lane sense.
Correct. Adaptive steering and lane sense didn’t exist yet for 2019 HD Rams. You can add all of that though. All the info that pertains to adding it to your truck is in the link I posted in post 5 above.

Flatop

Reaction score
I would not bother. My lane sense is turned off and will stay that way.

Ted wilson

Reaction score
I have it on other cars and i like it. But Rams version may not be as nice.

Users who are viewing this thread