5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 1500 Laramie rear seat belt replacement

vdavidoff

Reaction score
All my rear seat belts are damaged and I'm swapping them with OEM parts. It looks to me like I'll need to pull the rear seat to do this. I am wondering two things:

1. Does anyone have any tips on doing this work? Are there any gotchas?
2. Do I need to be concerned with air bag stuff when doing this work?

Thanks.
Andy

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
All my rear seat belts are damaged and I'm swapping them with OEM parts. It looks to me like I'll need to pull the rear seat to do this. I am wondering two things:

1. Does anyone have any tips on doing this work? Are there any gotchas?
2. Do I need to be concerned with air bag stuff when doing this work?

Thanks.
Andy
"WARNING: Before Repairing Any Restraint System, The Battery Cables And Any Back-up Power Supplies To The System Must Be Disconnected In Order To Prevent Accidental Deployment"
You need to read up on the procedure before doing this work, specially if the squib`s have not detonated.
Might also want to get a cheater bar for your wrench.

Last edited:

vdavidoff

Reaction score
Thanks. I got a 3 day service library subscription to get all the official info.

Andy

Wirerat

Reaction score
I had to replace my drivers seat belt. There was an airbag cluster light that cleared after a few drive cycles.

I doubt the rear seats cause this because they don't trigger the seat belt warning. But just a heads up incase you see a temporary cluster light.

vdavidoff

Reaction score
Cool, thank you. I did notice the verification process requires a scan tool, and wondered if not having that, and therefore not being able to do the procedure, was going to cause any issues. Guess I'll find out.

Users who are viewing this thread