5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 1500. Floppy headlight that can't be adjusted

Merrick2252

Reaction score
Hey folks, this morning I went to adjust my headlights because they're pointed a little high, the passenger side adjustment does seem to do anything but spin, and then I noticed if I reach in and grab my high beam bulb i can tilt the whole assembly up and down and it's very loose. It almost seems like the adjustment screw has come loose from the reflector assembly. Has anyone encountered this before? I don't want to go through a dealership and I'd rather fix it myself if it's possible. Any tips?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The adjuster is broken or off the track. You could try opening the the housing for a repair but that means removing it from the truck and baking it in your oven. Might be easier to get a replacement off eBay

Merrick2252

Reaction score
The adjuster is broken or off the track. You could try opening the the housing for a repair but that means removing it from the truck and baking it in your oven. Might be easier to get a replacement off eBay
Looks like that's what I'll be doing. I just feel bad cause I'll be blinding a lot of people in the meantime 😅

Users who are viewing this thread