5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 ram no air bag deploy

thall0517

Reaction score
Three days ago we were traveling on freeway 65 miles per hour, traveling in middle lane l, went to change lanes to fast lane to go around vehicle who was break checking me for a few mins, as switching lanes to go into the fast lane vehicle in front of me went to switch at the same time I lost control of truck and hit wall with the front driver side headlight impact first, we landed in right shoulder of the slow lane husband was the driver myself Tiff was passenger. Husband possibly hit head on steering wheel I flew out of sit body long wase flew into steering wheel radio dashboard, surprised I didn't fly out the windshield. 2 kids in back seat No broken windows. We are in pain and banged up no broken bones . Our question is why didn't any air bags go off at all and can we contact anyone about this?

thall0517

Reaction score
Looking for advice and guidance please help us through this scary situation. Truck is still at tow yard waiting for it to get towed to collision we have no answers at all on what is going to happen or anything

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Based on the picture and your description, it appears that your husband sideswiped the wall, the impact of which would not be an appropriate case for triggering any airbags. I’m not clear on why you would have wanted them to deploy.
If you were thrown sideways from the passenger seat into the steering wheel and radio, (1) it was from your husband swerving, not the sideswipe impact, and (2) it sounds like you weren’t wearing a seatbelt. You should be thankful that the airbags didn’t deploy, because they might have killed you.

kzielu

Reaction score
Airbags didn't go off because there was no reason for them to. There is no one to contact (if you think you will get some kind of payment for it).

Were you seat belt fastened (since you said you could fly out of the windshield) ? If not, that might also be the reason for lack of airbag deployment as it can severely hurt you. If you had belts on properly, no way you could fly through the windshield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/