5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 inch leveling kit

Bradyh98

Reaction score
Just recently had a leveling kit installed on my 2019 ram 1500 Laramie. Before the installation truck rode like a dream barely could even feel rough spots going down road, now it rides like crap. Feel every single spot in a road. Even on the interstate it does same thing. It’s like a constant rough ride. Is this normal with leveling kit, if not what could my problem be. Truck is brand new. Just rolled off lot a week ago

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just recently had a leveling kit installed on my 2019 ram 1500 Laramie. Before the installation truck rode like a dream barely could even feel rough spots going down road, now it rides like crap. Feel every single spot in a road. Even on the interstate it does same thing. It’s like a constant rough ride. Is this normal with leveling kit, if not what could my problem be. Truck is brand new. Just rolled off lot a week ago
What leveling kit did you get?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rough country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is typical of preload spacers. You would be better off changing to a top hat style spacer. Something like this would be a much better ride. I have the Readylift 2" kit with control arms and the ride has not changed a bit.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll second the ReadyLift leveling kit. It didn't change my ride at all. Changing tires did from the stock ride but not much.

rceagle1a

Reaction score
I'll second the ReadyLift leveling kit. It didn't change my ride at all. Changing tires did from the stock ride but not much.
The only other thing that could’ve caused this is if the OP did not loosen the UCA bushing bolts and the lower control arm bushing bolts and allow the bushings to re-center they are now under torque twist at their new ride angles which will cause the ride to stiffen and be harsher than normal. I am having the same issue with mine after installing a 2.5 Moto fab kit, I am going to be loosening my pivot bolts today and then this weekend having an alignment done .

Bradyh98

Reaction score
This is typical of preload spacers. You would be better off changing to a top hat style spacer. Something like this would be a much better ride. I have the Readylift 2" kit with control arms and the ride has not changed a bit.

Do you know if the motofab kits will fit the new body styles?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you know if the motofab kits will fit the new body styles?

They will fit. As ET said the strut mount has not changed from 4th gen to 5th gen. Any top hat spacer that fits a 4th gen 4WD truck will fit a 5th gen 4WD OR 2WD truck as they are now the same. Be aware that many people here, including myself, also change out the upper control arms when leveling the truck. Some think it is unnecessary, some think it is mandatory. I did it on mine just for peace of mind. 4th gen trucks were notorious for having the upper ball joint ripped out of its socket. The 5th gen UCAs are a new design so truly it is too early to tell how they will hold up long term. You can get the Readylift UCAs for around $350 on Amazon or get the UCAs from the Mopar lift for about $100 for the pair. Not saying you have to get either, just something to think about.

roshang98

Reaction score
Tomorrow, I am planning to drop my 2019 ram 1500 longhorn for leveling to the dealer. It is a Mopar leveling kit. Anyone thinks will it messed up my ride quality? This deal i negotiated with my salesman when i got my truck.

Bradyh98

Reaction score
Tomorrow, I am planning to drop my 2019 ram 1500 longhorn for leveling to the dealer. It is a Mopar leveling kit. Anyone thinks will it messed up my ride quality? This deal i negotiated with my salesman when i got my truck.

Is it air ride?

Bradyh98

Reaction score
no it is regular 2wd

Mine is 4 wheel drive and with the rough county preload spacer it ruined my ride, swapped it to a 4th gen ram fab tech top mount kit and I got my factory ride back. So if the mopar kit is a preload spacer I wouldn’t recommend it all at.

roshang98

Reaction score
Mine is 4 wheel drive and with the rough county preload spacer it ruined my ride, swapped it to a 4th gen ram fab tech top mount kit and I got my factory ride back. So if the mopar kit is a preload spacer I wouldn’t recommend it all at.

I am glad you got it fixed.Tomorrow I will check it out when i go to dealership . Thanks for the reply. will keep you updated.

Cmiller18y

Reaction score
They will fit. As ET said the strut mount has not changed from 4th gen to 5th gen. Any top hat spacer that fits a 4th gen 4WD truck will fit a 5th gen 4WD OR 2WD truck as they are now the same. Be aware that many people here, including myself, also change out the upper control arms when leveling the truck. Some think it is unnecessary, some think it is mandatory. I did it on mine just for peace of mind. 4th gen trucks were notorious for having the upper ball joint ripped out of its socket. The 5th gen UCAs are a new design so truly it is too early to tell how they will hold up long term. You can get the Readylift UCAs for around $350 on Amazon or get the UCAs from the Mopar lift for about $100 for the pair. Not saying you have to get either, just something to think about.
Do you happen to have a link to the mopar UCAs?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

Cheers,

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score

There is no such thing as a Mopar leveling kit for the 5th Gen Ram. They only offer a full 2” lift kit that uses Fox shocks to achieve the lift. This will not level the truck, it will raise the front and the back 2”.

roshang98

Reaction score
There is no such thing as a Mopar leveling kit for the 5th Gen Ram. They only offer a full 2” lift kit that uses Fox shocks to achieve the lift. This will not level the truck, it will raise the front and the back 2”.
Yes. You are right .They have installed leveling kit aftermarket but approved by mopar.But looks like my ride quality compromised about 30% . Then i spoke to my service mgr.They have agree to install fox shocks with out charge. Because when I brought the truck ,They agree to put a leveling kit with the price. Do you think it gonna work out?
(leveling kit with fox shocks) below picture with leveling kit.

Attachments

• IMG_0749.jpg
    IMG_0749.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 315

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. You are right .They have installed leveling kit aftermarket but approved by mopar.But looks like my ride quality compromised about 30% . Then i spoke to my service mgr.They have agree to install fox shocks with out charge. Because when I brought the truck ,They agree to put a leveling kit with the price. Do you think it gonna work out?
(leveling kit with fox shocks) below picture with leveling kit.
Hell yeah. Take that all day. The Fox Mopar kit is $1350

Users who are viewing this thread