5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 cents on glasscleaner

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
There are a lot of glass cleaners out there (windex, invisible glass, armorall, rain x, etc.) and I have probably tried most of them.

but I have found that using windshield washed fluid ($2-$3 a gallon) works just as well, is cheaper and since it means you need a spray bottle to use and you just refill as needed you are a little eco friendly.

you probably have some anyway to refill the washer reservoir.

you can also add Allittle bit of vinegar of you need to. It is also ammonia free so safe for tinted windows.

just my 2 cents.

Cajun_

Reaction score
Doesn't really matter what you use so long as it doesn't have ammonia in it.

cervelo15

Reaction score
I have a small spray bottle that i keep in the console which is a mix of 90% isopropyl alcohol and distilled water. Works great cleaning the windows while waiting in the pickup line at my daughters school.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are a lot of glass cleaners out there (windex, invisible glass, armorall, rain x, etc.) and I have probably tried most of them.

but I have found that using windshield washed fluid ($2-$3 a gallon) works just as well, is cheaper and since it means you need a spray bottle to use and you just refill as needed you are a little eco friendly.

you probably have some anyway to refill the washer reservoir.

you can also add Allittle bit of vinegar of you need to. It is also ammonia free so safe for tinted windows.

just my 2 cents.
Interior too or just exterior? I've used iso alcohol before but this sounds like a good alternative too.

Cajun_

Reaction score
I use it for both inside and outside.
so if you really care you should used the correct products for each different thing along with the correct towel. Washer Fluid will damage tint and any trim/leather it may get onto. Outside is whatever, do what you want.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
I have a small spray bottle that i keep in the console which is a mix of 90% isopropyl alcohol and distilled water. Works great cleaning the windows while waiting in the pickup line at my daughters school.
Same here except I add a cap full of vinegar. Works great.
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread