5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2.5" motofab lift w/Mopar lift ucas

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have some 2.5" motofab spacers
My question is if I buy the Mopar uca's that come with the Mopar 2" lift kit should I be okay?
Has anyone else done this set up?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My question is if I buy the Mopar uca's that come with the Mopar 2" lift kit should I be okay?
Opinions differ... some seem to think that the UCA's from the Mopar kit are exactly the same as the Off Road package and others think there is a slight difference in balljoint angle from the two. I personally didn't want to waste time or money on the Mopar parts since I already had the Off Road UCA's on the Rebel... so the Ready Lift were the logical replacement since they are rated up to a 6 inch lift.

Lonestar21

Reaction score
Interesting it’ll be nice if a tech or something would chime in on this

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting it’ll be nice if a tech or something would chime in on this
It's been discussed many times on the forum and the majority believe it's best to go with an aftermarket UCA to be on the safe side when going 2" over factory ride height. The techs agree that the ball joint angle becomes iffy after 2" with the Mopar UCA's.

Lonestar21

Reaction score
It's been discussed many times on the forum and the majority believe it's best to go with an aftermarket UCA to be on the safe side when going 2" over factory ride height. The techs agree that the ball joint angle becomes iffy after 2" with the Mopar UCA's.

Yeah I keep reading positives and negatives about all the different combinations.

I already ordered the Mopar UCA’s and I plan on running a no bigger than 2” leveling most likely the true 2” motofab leveling kit.

But I still wonder if I will be fine with running that set up.

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I keep reading positives and negatives about all the different combinations.

I already ordered the Mopar UCA’s and I plan on running a no bigger than 2” leveling most likely the true 2” motofab leveling kit.

I ordered mine. Guess we will find out.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score

If you're doing it yourself, consider it experimental fun with your truck. If you're paying someone to install it for you... it could get expensive should you discover the Mopar uppers don't work.
Worst case, you do it twice.

Lonestar21

Reaction score
If you're doing it yourself, consider it experimental fun with your truck. If you're paying someone to install it for you... it could get expensive should you discover the Mopar uppers don't work.
Worst case, you do it twice.
Unfortunately someone else would be doing it. Maybe I’ll just wait to see if anyone else does it and see if it works

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
I did the Motofab 2” level with the Mopar 2” lift UCA on my Rebel. About 2500 mi. on this setup with 295/70-18 Nitto’s and no problems. No difference in ride quality, rides same as stock.

Lonestar21

Reaction score
I did the Motofab 2” level with the Mopar 2” lift UCA on my Rebel. About 2500 mi. on this setup with 295/70-18 Nitto’s and no problems. No difference in ride quality, rides same as stock.

Do you have any pictures of your truck and also the UCA’s? I’m on the fence about doing your exact setup. 2” motofab and Mopar UCA’s.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it a necessity to add the UCA's when adding a 2" leveling kit or are people doing it more for peace of mind?

DB66

Reaction score
Not a bad idea to add the control arms. What’s the actual size of the motofab 2.5” lift spacers. The height.

RedRocketZ28

Reaction score

Gives me some hope then with my ORG truck. I want to do the 2" level but don't want to pay the price of the aftermarket UCA's so I wanted to use the Mopar ones. I know, gotta pay to play, but it will stay stock before I spend that much for just a 2" level.

DB66

Reaction score
Id have to look but it gives you 2.5" unlike alot of other ones.
Thanks. , if possible can you measure the exact width. I ordered , and have the 2.5” kit, but I’m not sure if they gave me the right one. Mine is 1.5” actual width. I’ve been trying to get them at motofab all week. I just want to confirm before I install them on my truck. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online