5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2” Mopar Lift on standard coil suspension equal to ride height of Off-Road 2?

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am curious about the ride heights of these trucks. I have a standard coil spring Laramie Sport 4X4. To me it sits way too low. Truthfully when I traded in my Fully Stock 2016 F150 FX4 I parked it next to a Big Horn with the Off Road Group and they sat the same, so my truck is roughly 1” lower than my previous truck.

Back on track. I have seen a few trucks with Air-Ride raised up to the top height (Off-Road 2 on standard trims or Off-Road 1 on Rebels are the same right?) and I think that height is awesome. I want my truck to be that height 100% of the time.

So my main question is: Will my truck with the 2” Mopar Suspension Lift sit equal to an Air-Ride truck at full height?

Note: I do know that tires will matter. A Rebel will sir higher than a Limited at full height due to the Duratracs but I will be increasing tire size as well.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A Rebel will not sit higher than a Limited at full height. All DT trucks have the same maximum full height with the air suspension, regardless of trim, or Off Road Package selection.

The Rebel tires are only a fraction of an inch larger than the other tire sizes that come on stock Ram's, and that's IF they run true to size. The height difference, if any will be negligible.

The Mopar 2" kit will lift a non-ORP/ non-Rebel truck 2". (So your truck will get 2" of lift) I haven't seen anywhere confirming if it still lifts Rebels and ORP trucks 2" or just 1" over their stock heights. There has been some discussion though, cruise around and you'll find it.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A Rebel will not sit higher than a Limited at full height. All DT trucks have the same maximum full height with the air suspension, regardless of trim, or Off Road Package selection.

The Rebel tires are only a fraction of an inch larger than the other tire sizes that come on stock Ram's, and that's IF they run true to size. The height difference, if any will be negligible.

The Mopar 2" kit will lift a non-ORP/ non-Rebel truck 2". (So your truck will get 2" of lift) I haven't seen anywhere confirming if it still lifts Rebels and ORP trucks 2" or just 1" over their stock heights. There has been some discussion though, cruise around and you'll find it.

Thank you but that is not what I was asking. Limited's have nothing to do with my trucks or Rebels. I think you might have misunderstood what I am asking. I just want to know if my standard coil spring truck will sit at the same ride height as an Air Ride Rebel when set to it's highest ride height. I personally think all of these trucks ride too low stock, lower than a stock Ford or Chevy 4x4. Even the Rebel at its slightly higher standard height is too low. I want mine to ride how a Rebel at full height setting would ride if it were allowed to stay that high permanently.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you but that is not what I was asking. Limited's have nothing to do with my trucks or Rebels. I think you might have misunderstood what I am asking. I just want to know if my standard coil spring truck will sit at the same ride height as an Air Ride Rebel when set to it's highest ride height. I personally think all of these trucks ride too low stock, lower than a stock Ford or Chevy 4x4. Even the Rebel at its slightly higher standard height is too low. I want mine to ride how a Rebel at full height setting would ride if it were allowed to stay that high permanently.

Looking back, I think I incorrectly assumed you were talking about the Rebels... Anyway, yes, a 2" lift on a non-ORP coil truck will bring it the same height as any air ride truck at max.

Users who are viewing this thread