5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2” Level: Top Spacer v. Coil/Preload Spacer

Lawfin

Reaction score
I own a 2019 4x4 Crew Cab Bighorn. I have had the 2” Mopar lift installed. I want to reduce the rake and am considering the Motofab 2” Top Spacer or the Tough Country 2” preload cool spacer. I understand the difference in installation and will see if the new UCAs that came with the Mopar 2” lift will handle 2 more inches (totaling 4” front an 2” rear) (will decide once I get there). The truck is mostly a daily road driver, with very occasional dirt road driving.

I’m interested in a little education on the difference between the two types of levels in terms of stresses on the suspension or other components, ride quality impacts, and other mechanical issues I should be concerned with. I have been searching for days, and am falling short.

Thanks in advance!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skol

Reaction score
I own a 2019 4x4 Crew Cab Bighorn. I have had the 2” Mopar lift installed. I want to reduce the rake and am considering the Motofab 2” Top Spacer or the Tough Country 2” preload cool spacer. I understand the difference in installation and will see if the new UCAs that came with the Mopar 2” lift will handle 2 more inches (totaling 4” front an 2” rear) (will decide once I get there). The truck is mostly a daily road driver, with very occasional dirt road driving.

I’m interested in a little education on the difference between the two types of levels in terms of stresses on the suspension or other components, ride quality impacts, and other mechanical issues I should be concerned with. I have been searching for days, and am falling short.

Thanks in advance!!!

I have the same 2” Mopar Lift. I ended up just ordering the spring that comes in the Off Road Package Rams which is 1” higher from than the Non-Off Road Package from my understanding. I’m worried about adding an additional 2” so I went with the 1” spring instead. Hopefully the rake won’t be too noticeable

19Jake

Reaction score
I have the 2” Mopar lift installed.
Considering adding a 2” strut extension or preload kit.
None of the above...I'm waitin' for the 5100...watch the vid! (y)

Last edited:

sergetexan

Reaction score
Will the Bilstien solution work the same for 2WD suspension? If I could level or reduce most of rale by a shock swap then this seems like best way to go!

Lawfin

Reaction score
I have the same 2” Mopar Lift. I ended up just ordering the spring that comes in the Off Road Package Rams which is 1” higher from than the Non-Off Road Package from my understanding. I’m worried about adding an additional 2” so I went with the 1” spring instead. Hopefully the rake won’t be too noticeable

After considerable thought, I’m planning on pulling the trigger on the same setup (longer ORP spring for an additional 1”). If the rake is still an issue, I may swap out the rear 2” spacer for a 1.5”. When you have your spring installed, will you please post an update? I would really appreciate it. I will do the same. Thanks.

skol

Reaction score
After considerable thought, I’m planning on pulling the trigger on the same setup (longer ORP spring for an additional 1”). If the rake is still an issue, I may swap out the rear 2” spacer for a 1.5”. When you have your spring installed, will you please post an update? I would really appreciate it. I will do the same. Thanks.

Will do. Just got told that the spring is on back order. So hopefully they mail it out next week

Users who are viewing this thread